~* All about JENNIFER WINGET *~

swanithak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hai  friends .......................
 * * * * * * *  I  thought  of  posting  every  Article  which  belongs  to  JENNIFER  WINGET ........... So  that  we  will  get  to  know  about  our  Fav  Star  much  more  better . * * * * * *

Jennifer Winget

Birthday - 30 May

I am -
cute, witty, beautiful and very hyper!

Life is - beautiful and what you make of it

Love is - not for me right now

Lust is -  the darker side of romance

Most embarrassing moment -  comes when I watch my old shows

Ronit Roy is -  a father figure

Most memorable moment -  when I won an award for Kkusum in 2004

I cook -  only Maggi noodles

If not an actress - I would have been an air hostess

I drive -  a Santro

My ambition -  to owe a big chain of hotels

Before I do anything -  I think a lot

What turns me off -  body odour

Karan Singh Grover is - my friend's boyfriend

The best compliment ever received -  " You have a nice smile "

I am looking forward to -  my wedding in Kassauti

Edited by swani_saku - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swanithak thumbnail

" I can't resist sweets " : Jennifer Winget

Jennifer Winget, who plays Ganga in Sangam, shares her food habits and her favourite recipe. She is an absolute foodie, as she cheerfully admits.

Are you a complete foodie or do you watch what you eat?
I am a complete foodie. I have never deprived myself of anything. I realize and feel guilty only after eating.

Your favorite cuisine 'Continental/Oriental/Indian/ anything else.
Muglai.

Home-made food, or order in?
That depends, but on a regular basis I would prefer home made food.

Vegetarian or non-vegetarian?
I am not a strict vegetarian but I would prefer vegetarian food over non-vegetarian.

Drink you like to gulp along with your food?
I don't drink anything while having food.

Your favorite beverage?
Lemon iced tea.

Any alcoholic beverage in your list of favourites?
I only like red wine, especially Australian wine.

What about junk food?
I am an absolute junkie, burgers, pizzas, you name it...

Your favorite fast food joint?
Subway and McDonald's.

Favorite restaurant/ eating joint?
Peshawari at ITC.

Your take on diet and health food?
I am not the right person to comment on this because I personally don't follow any rules. But one should work out - it's very important to shed those extra calories from your body, especially for actors.

Which would be that one dish you find irresistible?
I can't resist sweets. That's my weakness.

Would you want to share the recipe of the same with us?
Even though I am a gastronome, I am not a kitchen-friendly girl. I can give you my recipe for Paneer Makhanwala, though.

Process-

Paneer Makhanwala

Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serves: 4

Ingredients

Paneer - 250 gms (cut into cubes of 1" each)
Grated Paneer or Cheese - 1/2 tbsp.
Garlic Cloves - 8-10
Onion -1
Ginger - 1 piece
Bay Leaf - 1
Cinnamon - 1" stick
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 2
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Malai or Cream - 2 tbsp
Butter - 1/2 tbsp
Coriander (chopped) - 1/2 tbsp
Tomato Puree - 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1/4 tsp
Kasoori Methi - 1 tsp
Ghee to deep fry paneer

Method
Deep fry paneer in hot ghee till light golden. Keep aside.
Grind the onions, ginger and garlic to a paste.
Heat 1/2 tbsp. of ghee (use the one in which the paneer was fried) in a heavy saucepan.
Add clove, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon. Fry for 3-4 seconds.
Add the paste and fry till golden.
Add the dry masala, sugar and tomato puree. Fry for 2 minutes.
Add 2 cups of water. Simmer on low flame for 7-8 minutes.
Add the malai, butter, methi, paneer pieces and cook for 2 minutes till the paneer softens.
Transfer to serving dish.Garnish with chopped coriander and grated paneer.

swanithak thumbnail

I am taking part in Zara Nachke Dikha to get rid of my stage fear :     Jennifer Winget

It's a open heart conversation with Jyothi Venkatesh that Jennifer Winget touches various issues such as the show Zara Nachke Dikha, her fear of stage performance, Ganga in Sangam and above all her indomitable intention to act in films'

What exactly is Zara Nachke Dikha?
From a 10 year old boy to a 65 year old woman, across professions and in every corner of the country, both the genders have always wondered which the greater sex is after all. It is an attempt on the part of Star One to solve the debate on the gender war and is a battle of the sexes on the dance floor. The show will be telecast twice a week with eight boys and eight girls - all celebrities from the television industry who will be pitted against each other to prove their dancing mettle and hence superiority gender-wise, as a team. The best part of the show is that only the jury decides the winning team of the episode every week.

Is Zara Nachke Dikha your first attempt at taking part in a reality show?
Yes. It is for the first time that I am taking part in a reality show like Zara Nachke Dikha on Star One. Though I think I have managed to learn acting to a large extent ever since I had made my debut as an actress, I am aware of the bitter truth that I am not a trained dancer and hence I wanted to hone up my dancing talent and I thought by taking part in the show, I will get a chance to automatically learn the various intricate dancing steps. At the same time I also wanted to get rid of my stage fright.

Shows besides Zara Nachke Dikha you are associated with'
Right now the only show in which I am acting besides Zara Nachke Dikha is Sangam which is on air on Star Plus. I have been teamed opposite Chaitanya Chowdhury in the show, which is going great guns.

How do you manage to strike a balance between your serial Sangam as well as the reality show Zara Nachke Dikha?
I am thankful to Fox, the producers of my show Sangam, that they have let not only me but Chaitanya also to take time off to take part in the rehearsals for the reality show.

What is your role in the serial Sangam?
I play the role of Ganga, a sweet and bubbly girl who makes the transition from being an innocent village girl to a mature lady, thanks to the circumstances in which she finds herself in her journey in life and the trials and tribulations that she faces in her life, because she goes through a lot of muck.

How do you relate your reel life character Ganga with that of your real life?
When we started a year and a half ago, I could relate to Ganga when she was a sweet and bubbly and carefree young girl because I, too, was the same then. Now I am able to relate to the mature character of Ganga because like in reel life, there is thehrao in my real life, too, since, I, too, have matured like Ganga has in the show.

Would you say that your journey in life is similar to that of Ganga?
As far as emotion and growth are concerned, I can say that I relate to Ganga's journey in life somewhere, though I do not think I am as sweet as Ganga.

How challenging is your role as Ganga in Sangam?
It is quite a challenging role, because crying with emotions is not an easy task, since it is not every day that you cry as well as emote at the same time. There are few scenes that exhaust me completely and make me really break down on the sets.

Is Sangam your first TV serial as an actress?
It was with the serial Shakalaka Boom Boom that I debuted as an actress. I know Maninee De who is taking part in the reality show Zara Nachke Dikha from the time we were working together in Shakalaka, though I have met Delnaz and Narayani now only. I know others including Karishma Tanna who had acted with me in Koyi Dil Mein Hai.

Which are the other serials you have acted in earlier?
I have been a regular as far as Balaji Telefilms is concerned and learnt a lot with my association with Ekta Kapoor. I have acted in her serials like Kasauti Zindagi Ki, Kusum, Nimmo, Koyi Dil Mein Hai as well as Kartika.

Tell me about your beginning as a child star.
It was with the film Raja Ko Rani Se Pyaar Ho Gaya that I had made my debut as a child actor way back when I was just a twelve year old kid. The acting bug bit me since my mother has been working for the last several years, with producer R. Mohan who was making films under the banner of Good Night Films.

If I am not mistaken, you have already made your debut in films!
Yes. I had made my debut in films with Kuch Na Kaho as the younger sister of Abhishek Bachchan. Even now I am open for acting in films that come my way but I want to go a step ahead. I do not however want to take up roles as either a sister or a friend any more, because thankfully I have grown out of it after doing Kuch Na Kaho.

How comfortable will you be as far as exposing in films considering there is hardly any need for you to expose in Sangam?
In real life, I can comfortably carry off both western as well as Indian costumes. I am comfortable wearing skirts as well as saris. As far as exposure in films is concerned, all that I would like to say is that as long as one is comfortable with what one is wearing, I do not think should have any problem whatsoever.

You are not a trained actress. Where did you learn acting?
To tell you the truth, the television industry has been my training ground as far as acting is concerned. TV has taught me a lot since the time I had made my debut with Shakalaka. Though I think that I have to learn a lot, I feel that I have had an immense growth as an actor. When I look back at the beginning of my career, I feel that today I can do any kind of scene, be it an emotional scene or a comic one.

What is your approach to acting?
Though I have always believed that spontaneity plays a very vital role for any actress, I also feel that preparation is equally necessary to bring out the best in you as an actor. I feel that on the spot emotion when you perform on the sets without preparation affects the audience because it comes from within you.

Why do you maintain a very low profile when other actresses flaunt their latest scandals or boast about their latest cars?
I have always believed in keeping certain things private in my life, because whatever I do, people will come to know eventually for the simple reason that I am a public figure since I am acting in a popular serial.

Which among your roles has been very close to you till date?
I would not hesitate to mention that my roles in both Kasauti Zindagi Ki and Sangam have been and will always remain very close to my heart, because both Sneha and Ganga have been diverse as well as rich characters, which have taught me a hell of a lot as an actor. I think I owe whatever success that I have achieved till date to these two characters.

swanithak thumbnail

It is IPL time for Jennifer Winget ...

The actress is eagerly looking forward to enjoy her time watching the IPL matches on TV...

The talented actress, Jennifer Winget is chilling out these days after her show on Star Plus, Sangam went off air recently. We wondered what''s next for her, so gave her a call.

"I am on a well-earned break right now, and plan to watch IPL. I am eagerly waiting for the matches to start as its fun and I will have a gala time with my friends as I watch the matches", says Jennifer.

Will it be a long break for the actress? "No, it won''t be long but yes, I would like to take some time off to rejuvenate myself.  I had been working non-stop and with that I have bought a new house so wanted to spend some time with my family", she quips.

"I sometimes feel my family might have forgotten me, so will spend lots of time with them (grins). I am also looking out for some promising character to play. Let''s see when this search ends. Will keep you informed on this", she concludes.

IPL is the new fever and all of us are eagerly waiting for the same, isn''t it?

Reporter and Author: Rachana Trivedi

swanithak thumbnail
Jennifer Winget

Transcript of LIVE Chat with TV actress, Jennifer Winget on Monday, August 13, 2007 from Mumbai.

"You are remembered for the character that you have played in a particular serial."

Jennifer Winget
TV actress

Jennifer Winget > Hi everyone... I am here chatting live with you.

Sonya > How would you describe yourself? What has been your dream in life and do you think you have achieved it?
Jennifer Winget > I would describe myself as a simple girl who is witty. My goal is that I should be successful in whatever I do. As far as achieving my goal is concerned, I think I am pretty close to it.

Arjun > Do you have time to lead a normal life with all the hectic work schedules?
Jennifer Winget > Yes, I do get a little overworked but it's there in every profession. I spend time with friends and family.

Puyush > Did you face any problem while the making of your first film?
Jennifer Winget > My only problem was the confidence level. But as I grew and learnt more, my confidence level also grew.

Ali > Please tell us about your biggest strength and weakness. Also the stress buster that always works for you?
Jennifer Winget > Biggest strength - My family and weakness - I don't have any weakness as such. I wish for the best and prepare for the worst. Music and reading are the stress busters that have always worked for me.

Aditi > At what age you prefer to get married?
Jennifer Winget > I plan to get married at the age of 27 - 28. But I really don't know what god has in store for me.

Hetal > Your sex appeal lies in you're?
Jennifer Winget > Attitude!

Jinal > You are very beautiful. I am your big fan When are you coming in movies?
Jennifer Winget > Whenever I get something potential that will allow me to take the big step.

June > How did you feel when you were facing the camera for the first time?
Jennifer Winget > Very very Nervous.

Viral > Do you think an actor's popularity is limited to his or her last appearance on TV?
Jennifer Winget > Yes, for TV what works is the character. You are remembered for the character that you have played in a particular serial.

Swati > Which was your first project? Was it "Sangam"?
Jennifer Winget > I started when I was 12. I did film called Raja Ko Rani Se Pyaar Hogaya . There after, I took a break for studies and then came back to TV. From there the TV trip started and now Sangam is my latest project.

Eden > Tell us about the off screen Jennifer? If not an actor, she would have been?
Jennifer Winget > I seriously don't know what would I do? I am not that qualified (laughs)

Preeti > Who are your favorite TV star?
Jennifer Winget > I don't have a favourite television star.

Shikha > So are you enjoying your new role How did you get this role?
Jennifer Winget > I am enjoying the role like how.... I met up with the fox people and they liked my work. There were some issues happening but we worked things out. I think I was destined to play Ganga.

Vijay > How tough is it for a fresher to make a mark in the TV industry?
Jennifer Winget > When I started there was not much competition. But today it is difficult but there is always scope as there are so many shows happening and there are so many production houses coming up.

Sign off Message > Bye everybody...take care...god bless you. Live and let live. Edited by swani_saku - 15 years ago
swanithak thumbnail

1) She has one elder brother

2)  Her hair are black

3) She started acting at the age of 12

3) She prefers home made food than outside food

4) She doesn't drink while eating

5) She is an absolute junkie,

6) Her favorite fast food joins are Subway and Mcdonalds

7) Her favorite restaurant is Peshawari at ITC.

8) She only like red wine, especially Australian wine.

9) Her favorite beverage is Lemon iced tea

10) her biggest Christmas gift till now has been that she got her new home furnished

11)  She wished for Diwali that everyone should forget their differences and enjoy victory of good over evil

12) Fashion for her is Simplicity and comfort

13) She prefers wearing white and black clothes

14) Her favorite fashion designer is Jerry

15) She thinks that the most well-dressed person in tellywood is Achint kaur

16) Perfume and Mint are two things which are always in her bag

17) She cant go without her ring accessories

18) She enjoyes shopping In Malaysia and Bangkonk

19Her birthday is on 30 May

20) She lives in Goregaon

21) She hates arrogant people

22) She is 23 Edited by swani_saku - 15 years ago
swanithak thumbnail

Jennifer Winget on Sangam ending..

The lead girl of Sangam has taken the channel's decision of ending the show in her stride. Here is she talking on her two year journey..

Jennifer Winget has taken Star Plus decision to end her lead show Sangam in her stride. "All good things must come to an end. The last episode will air on 6th March" she says. The show would end with the Sangam of Ganga and Sagar. "I am so glad that they finally meet for I was only running around in the show", quips the actress.

She refused to comment on the lack of publicity on part of the channel for Sangam. "They are better equipped to take a decision on these things. More than anything I will miss the entire unit of Sangam. We all had a blast working on this Fox project for the last 2 years", avers she.

Jennifer feels that the best part of Sangam was its simple story. "Many small town girls could identify with Ganga. We did not have unnecessary drama, yes there were twists and turns, but those were an essential part of the narrative". At the end of it, the actress is glad that the show always had its own fair share of loyal viewers.

After Sangam, the girl now wants to take a breather. "I have been working non stop for five years now, with Kasauti first and then Sangam. But in the future if something interesting comes along, especially in the comedy genre, I would be ready to grab it", states Jennifer.

In closing, Jennifer wanted to thank all her fans on India-Forums for all their love and support. "I promise them that I will soon be back in a new avatar"
swanithak thumbnail
Jennifer Winget

The love story of Saagar and Ganga in Star Plus' Sangam has taken the same route traversed by many a lovers in the past; the love birds find themselves away from each other, and with more hurdles to cross before they ultimately meet, the viewers are in for some testing times as well.

Will Saagar and Ganga unite in the near future? Let us get some insight on the future track from the pretty damsel Jennifer Winget, who plays Ganga. It's really sad that Saagar and Ganga are separated. "I know, but all has happened for a particular reason", says Jennifer in a comforting tone. What is in store for Ganga now? "Ganga will get mature, bold and more subtle in this phase. With Kaveri and Khurana helping out, Ganga will get independent, and she will proceed towards fulfilling her father's dream of opening the school."

Will Saagar and Ganga meet in the near future? "Saagar assumes that his love, Ganga is dead. Ganga feels that Saagar has betrayed her. Saagar is surely an integral part of Ganga's memory, but they will not meet soon. There will be many hit-and-miss incidents, but they both will not come face to face. The viewers need to wait longer for Saagar and Ganga's union", says the actress. "Par Ganga Saagar se milegi zaroor", says Jennifer to lift up the spirits of her fans..

swanithak thumbnail
I feel comfortable in every outfit - Jennifer Winget

Define fashion

Fashion for me is comfort with style. One cannot look good ifhe or she is not comfortable in what they are wearing.

Who chooses your clothes?
I choose my own clothes. I trust my choice and I never feel the need to take someone's opinion.

Do you like to accessorise yourself?
I absolutely love to accessorise. I feel that you can look hot andglamorous even in casual clothes if you are accessorised well.

Is there any particular brand that you prefer?
As long as clothes look good on me I don't care about the brand. I agree that durability is attached to branded clothes but brands don't matter much to me.

What is your favourite destination for shopping?
Malaysia and Singapore. There is so much variety there. Best part about shopping there is that things are really cheap in additional to being good. Recently, I asked my cousin to get two bags for me from there.

Which are the clothes that make you feel comfortable?
I feel comfortable in every outfit. I feel equally comfortable in a short skirt as well as a salwar kameez. One thing that I like to wear is a sari. It is simply so elegant and can't be matched to any other clothes.

Who is your favourite designer?
There is a guy Jerry who designs for me. He has been designing clothes for me since one year.

Most expensive outfit you ever bought?
It was a sari that I bought two years ago for Rs. 35,000. I don't remember from where I bought it.

Any particular colour that you like to see in your wardrobe?
I like to see white in my wardrobe. Half my wardrobe is filled with whites and my mom yells at me for this.

A must- have in your purse?
A perfume and my mobile phone.

What are the make-up products that you prefer?
I like Mac products. I can swear by Mac lipsticks. You don't feel like using lipstick of any other brand once you use a lipstick from Mac. I also prefer make up products from Body shop.

A fashion tip
Comfort should come first. Just wear something else rather than feeling uncomfortable and looking like a clown in uncomfortable clothes.

A make- up tip

Don't overdo your make up. Remember to remove every bit of your make up before going to bed. Avoid using sub- standard products.

swanithak thumbnail
I earned my first salary at the age of eleven : Jennifer Winget

Money. That's what drives everyone in the final analysis, whether in the glamour world of acting or the hard grind of scripting and producing. Cashin' In sits down with TV celebs to know well they handle their financial matters, and tracks their spending patterns.

The pretty Jennifer Winget currently seen in Sangam and the dance reality show Zara Nachke Dikha is the good girl in both reel and real life.

Jennifer ensures that she handles her hard earned money prudently and most importantly she doesn't make any purchase without consulting her parents.

How important is money for you?

It is as important as food and love. Money is basically a necessity.

Are you an impulsive buyer?

No. I think before buying anything.

What are the investments you have made?

I have made a lot of investments. I have invested in mutual funds, insurance policies, gold, etc.

What is your most expensive purchase?

Well, I am going to make one of the most expensive purchases of my life very soon. But as of now, my most expensive purchase is a gold and diamond neck piece that I bought for my mom on my parent's wedding anniversary.

Do you feel financially secure?

I do feel financially secure but I am yet to grow financially. God has been very kind to me and by the grace of God everything is falling in the right place. I aim high and if God continues to shower His mercy on me, I will soon reach my goal.

Who handles your expenses?

My parents and I handle my expenses together. I discuss my expenses with them and they help me out in handling it.

What was your first salary? What you did with it?

I was eleven when I did a print ad for a magazine. They paid me Rs.1,000 for it which is my first salary. Like a good girl, I gave it to my parents.

How much money do you carry every day?

I don't carry much cash, not at least when I am shooting.

Any advice for investors?

Invest wisely. Find out whether the investment you are making is right for you or not. Do a research and do not invest a lump sum in only one place. Make small and different investments.