Meet Sambhavna the dramaqueen i mean dancing queen

CrazyNoori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Meet Sambhavna, the 'Dancing Queen'

12 Mar 2009, 0002 hrs IST, MONIKA RAWAL , TNN
    Email   Discuss  Share  Save   Text:
She's bold, hot and outspoken, yet an absolute entertainer. Controversy queen, item queen and now touted as the 'Dancing Queen', Sambhavna Seth is
Sambhavna Seth More Pics
all smiles after she won the dance reality show Dancing Queen.

Having tested various shades of her character in yet another reality show Big Boss, the item girl was now ready to show her dancing skills, as she became a mentor to her partner Shyamal. Giving a tough competition to other dancing jodis, Sambhavna managed to survive till the end. Without getting into the danger zone even once and bagging the highest marks from the judges, she also remained one of the hot favourites all through the show.

Emerging as the unanimous winner on the dance show, we caught up with Sambhavna for a candid chat. Here's the chubby-bubbly beauty sharing it all about her three-month journey on Dancing Queen, chemistry with the host Shabbir, catfights on the show and more...

What went through your mind seconds before the result was announced?
Honestly, I always thought I deserved to win but on the night of the grand finale, I really had no idea. After Big Boss happened to me, I got mixed reactions from people. They loved me, hated me and portrayed an image that I was extremely bold. So, I know the public loved me but didn't know they loved me so much that they would help me win this show. I think it's my inner calibre that had brought me here. Big Boss has been a positive thing, of course! It's only after I came out from that house that people were actually waiting to see and test my dancing skills. More so, there was such tough competition in Dancing Queen, as all of them were item performers, so I had to stand out. I remember one thing that I promised my friends and family, that finals tak to main kaise bhi pahunch kar dikhaungi, baki aage jo bhagwan ki marzi. (I will prove myself to everybody by making it to the finals, the rest is all in god's hands.)

Whom do you thank for this success?
My parents' blessings have always been there with me. But more than anyone, it was my brother who stood by me as my pillar of suppor. He kept telling me that this was my forte and I have to prove it to everyone and that my family always saw me as the clear winner.

How was it playing a mentor to Shyamal (your partner)?
Being a mentor was hell! I can't even recall what I've gone through in these three months. I'm not a trained dancer, so it was even tougher for me to teach someone. All the time, I was on my toes and had left everything else for this show. The only target on my mind was to bag the title of Dancing Queen, and I did that. Shyamal stood by me throughout this journey. We faced so many ups and down but were always together and never had any conflicts.

Some words for the judges — Jeetendra and Hema Malini. How did you manage to create a special impression on them?
One thing I'll say, the judges were very strict, especially Hema Ji. But I loved them and they loved me too. There was somehow a connection with the judges and they always gave me good marks, at times the highest, thanks to which I was never in the danger zone. They knew all about dancing, and with such experienced people around, you can't fool around while dancing. I presented a whole lot of variety in front of the judges — from classical, tandav, kathak to western, Bollywood and cabaret.

And what about your chemistry with Shabbir Ahluwalia (that host) that has been much talked about on the show?
When people used to tease us by saying that we looked nice as a couple and our chemistry was outstanding, we really liked it. But flirting on the sets is one thing... you'll be surprised to know that I don't even have Shabbir's mobile number. He has been a sweetheart, not only with me but with everyone. He used to console us if we got less marks and celebrate when we were happy.

Amid all this, there has been a lot of negativity and controversies with other participants, how did you handle all that pressure?
I am a very straightforward person in life and I don't like people playing politics. Dancing Queen is a performing stage and no one has the right to use it for conspiracies. If judges have given me the highest marks and liked my performance, who (Deepshika Nagpal and Ishita) can put my name in the danger zone? I used to handle it in a very simple way. Everyone wants you to lose because you are good at something, so there's one person who supports you – God.

There have been a lot of dramatic moments in the show – were they intentional or situational?
Everything was dependent on the situation. I never do anything on purpose. I never planned or thought that I would say anything bad about someone's performance. But, if you ask me to give an honest opinion, then I will speak the truth.

You've been a cry baby and at times overexcited, how do you manage balance your emotions?
I know I get carried away with my expressions and gestures but this is the way I am — full of emotions. My laughter is contagious. People like me crying, jumping and dancing. I am an artist, so all these emotions come naturally to me. I am like this — on camera or off it!

How do you react when people label you as an item girl or drama queen, just like Rakhi Sawant?
A lot of people ask me why I am compared with Rakhi Sawant. I always say that we both have a different calibre. Though we are both performers, I know what my strengths or her limitations are. She is known as a drama queen because she does everything to get publicity, but I am given such tags because when I do something it becomes publicity. She keeps telling people how nice she is, but I never do that – I am the way I am and I like being this way.

If not dancing and acting, what would you have been doing?
Oh, dance is my passion and I can't imagine life without it! Still, if not a dancer, I would have been a police officer. Being a Delhi girl, I am very tough and strong. But my parents didn't want me to get into that field. They were scared that I'm already so aggressive, what would I do if I joined the police force? Even when I chose dancing as a profession, they didn't support me initially. But later, it has been their support that brought me so far.
CUTE FROM WHERE DID HER N SHABZ LOOK CUTE 😡

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlessedSexyone thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
a police officer hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, in sayin that the goons would jus look her and run and not for her temper but incase she jumps and kisses them hahahahahahhaa