Priya Bhatija set to marry Jatin Shah-Indya.com

SuganthiS thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Priya Bhatija set to marry Jatin Shah

Priya Bhatija is getting ready to tie the knot with Jatin Shah only a month from now but the actress and her fianc don't even know the date of their wedding. Priya Bhatija, who has just wrapped up with her show Kasamh Se (which aired on Zee TV), gave us the details of the impending marriage.

PRIYA says, "The date of the marriage has not been fixed. Our Panditji still has to tell us a suitable date according to our horoscopes."

After Priya finished shooting for Kasamh Se, she took a short break to rejuvenate before the hectic wedding preparations began. She says, "The day I finished shooting, Jatin and I left, along with friends and my sister, for a two day break in Mahabaleshwar. I wanted to rest for a while before starting my wedding preparations." And the actress is making sure she looks her best on her big day by pampering herself now. She adds, "I will be visiting the spa and going for a massage."

But Priya is careful to make sure that her work doesn't suffer because of the nuptials. She says, "My work is also my priority. If any good offers come up before I get married, I'm going to accept them and take just three days to a week of leave," she says.

Jatin lost his father suddenly three months ago, so the couple's decision to wed comes as a surprise. Priya explains, "Actually, we had to decide to get married due to family issues which I cannot elaborate on. All that happened with Papa is also a reason. Jatin and I both wanted to wait for a while but now there is an urgency so we are getting married. My family agrees with my decision."

As for the big day, Priya says, "The wedding will be very simple and we will be inviting only our close friends. After marriage, I think I will take a week of leave and go to Gujarat as Jatin's family is there. I am Sindhi but he is Gujju so we will be following all the Gujarati rituals."

Meanwhile Jatin's work commitments mean that Priya and him will have to wait before they can go on their honeymoon. According to the actress, if they are not too busy, they will travel abroad in May.

Jatin and Priya have been seeing each other for the past two years. The couple met at a party and became good friends before taking their relationship to the next level. They were also part of Nach Baliye (Star Plus) season four last year.

• Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media
  • Friday, March 13, 2009
  • Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jeenal20 thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
    thats a gr88 news yaar
    congrats to priya and jatin

JasminBhasinFan thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
    Thats great!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Wish them both all the very best!!!!!!!!!!!