Hanif Hilal sets the record straight - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Hanif Hilal sets the record straight

In just three episodes of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 (Sony, Friday-Saturday at 9pm), contestant Gauhar Khan and her choreographer Hanif Hilal have managed to sink themselves into a whole lot of controversies. In this interview, Hanif, who was part of the first season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, clears the air of all the allegations against him.

THE choreographer, who has had issues with his partner Gauhar ever since he told her that he is not strong in Bollywood dance styles, defends himself saying that it boils down to a difference of opinion.
"There are differences of opinion which all of you saw on TV. Personally, I do not have any hang ups with her (Gauhar). I know what knowledge I have in what dance style and I am working hard. But when you encounter a person who is not on the same wavelength as you, then you have to let your work speak for itself. I am very confident about my work and I like to take up challenges so this is one kind of challenge which I am facing."

In the second episode, the couple took the help of an outside choreographer for their performance. On this, Hanif remained tightlipped, saying, "I do not believe in giving explanations. I cannot attack anyone, I never do that. Talking to Gauhar and solving our issues is an ongoing process. Let the bygones be bygones, I just want to move on. People have seen my potential in season one so they know how I am. I work to give my best shot on the dance floor and get good comments from the judges. I am here because I was asked to be here. I enjoy being here and I get the chance to meet my friends."

Hanif has experience in two realities, Jhalak's season one and Nach Baliye's season three, but for him, the former will always hold fond memories and that is why he agreed to participate this season. He says, "Jhalak is special to me as I have met one of the most beautiful women, Pooja (Bedi), because of the show. It has given me name and fame two years ago. It is allowing me to showcase my talent."

Finally, when asked whom he thinks will walk away with the title this season, Hanif says, "This season, all the girls are very good performers and even among the boys, there are a few surprise packages like Baichung Bhutia, Ram Kapoor and Karan Singh Grover, who are very good. It is very difficult to predict who will win. I can only say may the best and most deserving person win."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090310_46

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

plasticpolaroid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[quote]People have seen my potential in season one so they know how I am.[/quote]

hahahahaha my memory is hazy but wasn't he eliminated in the first round? what potential? *shrug*

gosh the show is so unfair to Gauhar, they gave her the most difficult choreographer who can't even choreograph a decent dance. Didn't they say that he made her wait for a whole week and a half without any moves and then got outside help?

i think the channel doesn't want her to win because she is a supermodel and not an "ideal bahu" from some soap... or so called "desi TV heartthrob".. give me a break!!!!

Gauhar rocks.. she deserves better..
Edited by plasticpolaroid - 15 years ago
tian thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
i know that true she is really good
tian thumbnail
the first two seasons it was the bahu win too first jassi who i hate she only won coz of jassi she not a great dancer than sweta and parchi too but i like parchi she was not a show off any miss jassi i am your jassi vote me crap???????????/////
Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hmm...well, at least he's not lashing out at anyone or creating more controversy...respect that...although yeah, i don't know how much of this is as smooth as he's making it out to be...

and i do feel bad for Gauhar too...but only for the bollywood bit...i think for the rest, i'm going to wait and see how he does on other forms of dance...maybe that can compensate to some extent...

cheers! 😃
wow he says karan can win....
all d best karan
taybah786 thumbnail
i though he had split up with pooja 😕
Aaliya-Rafa thumbnail

I wish they had sorted this out before the show started. But of course, it's great for trps 😳 I do agree with the judges though, Hanif and Gauhar do look good together.

Thanks for sharing.
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I liked the ast sentence in the article about what he's says about winning. I think he's a good choreographer and dancer for latin dances and waltz, but not for bollywood. Then again, some choregraphers like marisha are weak in latin dances and good in indian styles. I think sonia, javed, nicole, and deepak are the better choregraphers. Longines was the best, and tobey's choreographer is the same old! Pount being, everyone has different strengths and weaknesses!