Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karansprincess thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

karansprincess thumbnail

Asin turned heads in an ink blue gown designed and styled by Gavin Miguel during the press meet at Taj Coromandel in Chennai. The diva looked splendid as she met up with 40 winners of Tata Sky's "The Dinner with Asin" contest

karansprincess thumbnail

Asin now has Disney in the bag

Asin, it seems, only wants to play in the big league. The South actress recently signed a Disney production. Says a source, "After A R Murugadoss's Ghajini with Aamir and Vipul Shah's London Dreams with Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan, Asin is playing in the big league. Though she has been getting many offers, she's being choosy and only wants to sign big banners. Recently, she signed Walt Disney's next with Darsheel Safary. The film is being directed by Satyajit Bhatkal who had earlier made the documentary on Lagaan."

Satyajit Bhatkal says, "I can't talk about anything as I am under contract." A source close to Aamir says, "Asin got the Walt Disney film on Aamir's recommendation. He knows Satyajit well and told her when they were casting for the female lead, to check Asin out. Aamir is happy with the way Asin has performed in Ghajini. They had selected her because of her performance in the Tamil version. In fact, Aamir was so impressed with what she had done earlier that he told people she was the best thing about the film."

Says Aamir, "Asin's a very good performer. I won't be surprised if she quickly gets noticed by filmmakers. She's already doing some very good films."

Courtesy: Oneindia

karansprincess thumbnail

star  screen award 2009
Most Promising Newcomer - Hindi
karansprincess thumbnail

Max Stardust Award 2009
Superstar of Tomorrow - Hindi

karansprincess thumbnail

Asin caught playing with Dhoni

Thursday, July 23, 2009, 12:28

Ghajini girl Asin Thottumkal recently shot the new Big Bazaar TV Commercial with Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni at a studio in Filmcity, Mumbai. Asin had been signed up as Big Bazaar brand ambassador just few months back, but had only done a print ad campaign with them since then. This is her first TV ad shoot for the brand.

Buzz up!
It is learnt that this recent ad shoot featuring Asin and Dhoni took an entire day and saw many clothes changes for both of them. In fact, during the breaks, both Asin and Dhoni even indulged in playing games. Dhoni seems to be fast gaining popularity amongst brands, as he has recently an ad with Bollywood hottie Bipasha Basu for an international shoe brand.

This new Big Bazaar ad will be seen on TV from mid-August. Dhoni is presently on a break since no cricket is happening till the tri-series in Sri Lanka in September. Meanwhile, Asin is shooting for London Dreams starring Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan and her Indo-Japanese venture.

Anything sprout out of this friendship, as both Asin and Dhoni are big names in their profession. Above all, both of them are single and ready to mingle.
karansprincess thumbnail

Asin friends with Sridevi and daughters

Mumbai: Actress Asin Thottumkal gets along like house on fire with Sridevi and her two daughters. Most of Asin's free time is spent with them.

The Ghajini fame actress finds herself lucky to have a friend in Sridevi. "She has completely taken me under her wing. Anything I need, I just have to ask her. Since she too started her career very young and is from the South, we share a very special bond. She was first a child artiste and I started playing the lead when I was only 14 years old. She has made it clear she's there for anything I need. She's a wonderful friend and neighbour," says Asin.

This beautiful damsel is not only friendly with Sridevi's daughters, infact all the kids from her building seem to be very fond of her. They keep visiting her and she doesn't mind at all!!

Well, here is one sociable neighbour we would love to have.

karansprincess thumbnail

Asin getting too close to her enemies!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 11:57 [IST]

Seems like the Bollywood honeymoon is still not over for Asin Thottumkal, as the sinfully delicious actress seriously feels that actress can compete for the same roles and still be friends.

Buzz up!
After being in News [^] for sharing a dozen SMS everyday with Ranbir Kapoor's girlfriend Deepika Padukone, Asin is hitting the airwaves again for being buddies with Anil Kapoor's little girl, Sonam Kapoor.

Being friends with Deepika and Sonam connects her with two of the most influential Kapoor clan of the Bollywood industry. Asin is a smart girl who knows to connect with the right people to move up in Bollywood.

At 23, Asin may be young, but she is definitely not nave. A superstar down south long before Deepika and Sonam even signed their first films, Asin has been doing movies ever since she was 15 years old. She is well aware that her competitions in Bollywood are the young breed of actresses, not the established ones.

All this talk of being friends with Deepika and Sonam, doesn't go down too well if one remembers Asin's spat with Genelia. Ms Congeniality Asin gets her claws out at the mention of Genelia.

Asin seems to be following the saying 'keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.'
karansprincess thumbnail

Asin cant stay without non-veg

Asin missed a chance to join the league that includes big names like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Manisha Koirala and Madhavan due to her love for non-vegetarian dishes. The big brands are running behind the pretty actress to cash-in on her success both in South and North regions. And recently, even PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) approached the actress to be their brad ambassador, but Asin had to refuse their offer since
she is a strict non-vegetarian.

The actress clarified how she just can't stay for a single day without having a non-veg dish and hence it would have been unethical on her part to be a part of an institution which campaigns against non-vegetarian food. 

karansprincess thumbnail
Asin believes in herself
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, August 08, 2009]

Sensuous beauty Asin is one of the most sought after actress in India these days. From making an impact in the south, she has already caught everyone's attention in Bollywood as well.

Looking at her success, people have prompted that she has lot of luck by her side. But the Malayalam beauty said that she does not believe in luck. She added that it is only hard work and discipline that brings success.

According to sources, she even declined to change her name as suggested by some astrologers. It is really good to see her having lot of self belief and that is one reason why she has been scoring success and glory wherever she steps in. Keep it up Asin!!!