Sun TV - Athiradi Singer

madumithas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
 I thought there would be a topic already to discuss Athiradi Singer program, I could not locate one so i am starting one here.
 My love for has music is finally being answered by SUN TV. When this program started i could not appreciate some of the musical talents that came through Athiradi Singer, but as it goes along it defintely has been quite captivating.   I am sure there are tons of friends here who appreaciate music, please do join in and discuss about this programs.
 Please help me in getting some details of hosts,judges,particpants to get know the people better.

Thank you all!
Madhu
Edited by madumithas - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madumithas thumbnail

HOSTS

Mathangi & Erode Mahesh

singermathangi.com                erodemahesh.com

Judges

Vijay Anthony(www.vijayantony.com)

Prasanna

Chitra Iyer (www.chitraiyer.com)

more information about the judges will be posted soon.

madumithas thumbnail

Retro Round Participants

The participants below are the ones who made it to the to the the February 21st show. Please feel free to post articles about other eliminated participants as well.

Balaji  - Kalangalil aval vasantham

Harish -

Rajesh -

Shaswathi - Palinginal oru maaligai

Varshini - Aada varalam paada varalam

Mathangi - kunkuma poove konju purave

Sakthi Loganathan - Andru vanthathu athe nila

Srinivas - Oru naal Poduma

Krithika - Maama Maama

Gopi Krishnan - Kambam yemanthan.

Eliminations : Rajesh & Harish.

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks Madhu for starting this section...we thought about opening a thread for it..but since none of us saw it from the beginning..we gave up.

It will be nice to get info about the participants😊
smlaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Madhu for this thread ... There was a guy named Ramesh , who came without any proper musical learning , all he had is kelvi nyanam .... OMG , his Voice is just simply wonderful πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ... He sang the Suttum vizhi sudar thaan from Kandukonden Kandukonden movie ... Really his voice is a god's gift .... Unfortunately , that guy got eliminated 😭  😭  😭  😭  😭  .... He works as a lorry loadman in Mannarkudi ... I really wanted & prayed for him to win , but alas 😭 ...

Abt judges , Vijay Antony most of the times he gives a positive comments ... Chitra is quite balanced & she points out participants mistakes in a polished way ... Prasannna , he looks handsome (for me atleast 😳 ) , but he just straight points out their mistakes ... He needs to be more polite & attentive to the program without jollufying & konjufying lady participants 😑 ...
Caryn thumbnail

Madhuuuuuuu..... only yesterday I was asking about Chitra in Tamil Arratai Munai and suddenly you have opened a topic on that.  I was looking in the internet for her, but only SPB's sister's name came out

Thank you

Yes, me, too started to watch AS recently, although I missed a first couple of weeks.  I was swooned over the cute and handsome judges and Chitra fascinated me so much.  She is gorgeous.  Is she wearing contact lens? 

Laksh, yes I was impressed with the same guy Ramesh - but from what I understand he does 'dappa kuthu" and sings in the funeral.  I don't know how far it is true.

Both the men judges were cute.  I think the bearded one is a replica of Vikram actor. 

Anyone knows why one of the singer (I cannot remember her name) but she reminded me alot of Meltor (correct sp??) Shoba pulled out without any explanation?
Caryn thumbnail
Meli, can this be moved to Kollywood Masala, since this is SunTv programme and it is not a serial.

It is up to your decision but I am sure many will enjoy discussing about this if it is KM.  Your call. Thanks
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Caryn

Meli, can this be moved to Kollywood Masala, since this is SunTv programme and it is not a serial.

It is up to your decision but I am sure many will enjoy discussing about this if it is KM.  Your call. Thanks

Caryn,

I dont have any access here...its up to Ambi di or Nalz or BG.😊

Since its a suntv reality shows...i think other topics is more adapated😊

Btw...that Ramesh guy - he is a kooli who works as a muttai thokufies...it was so sweet of his friend to drag him into this prog n paying for it too😊
Edited by meli - 15 years ago
sankadevi30 thumbnail
since all reality show threads r here i feel its better left here melz

if u want to move it to other topics let me or ambi know
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smlaksh

Thanks Madhu for this thread ... There was a guy named Ramesh , who came without any proper musical learning , all he had is kelvi nyanam .... OMG , his Voice is just simply wonderful πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ ... He sang the Suttum vizhi sudar thaan from Kandukonden Kandukonden movie ... Really his voice is a god's gift .... Unfortunately , that guy got eliminated 😭  😭  😭  😭  😭  .... He works as a lorry loadman in Mannarkudi ... I really wanted & prayed for him to win , but alas 😭 ...

Abt judges , Vijay Antony most of the times he gives a positive comments ... Chitra is quite balanced & she points out participants mistakes in a polished way ... Prasannna , he looks handsome (for me atleast 😳 ) , but he just straight points out their mistakes ... He needs to be more polite & attentive to the program without jollufying & konjufying lady participants 😑 ...

thanks a lot madhu for opening this tread. Meli was right. We had discussion about opening this but no one was watching them. Ive been watching it from day one since my in laws watch them πŸ˜‰

Maha, ur  right about Ramesh. i was really shock with his voicce. Real super daa. And i was really really annoyed they had to send him off. Cud have send the other gal as her voice or talent was not much there .. can't remember her name right now.

As for the judges, i dun like much of their comments maha. Sometimes they comments seem to be breaking the spirit of the participants. Other times they are okay. Especially Prasanna, he just says out things wihout trying to make them sound not so hurt 😑