19 Feb WRITTEN update : Broken strings..

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

19 Feb,2009

Hiten (DM's eldest son) removes the guitar from the rack to find Santo standing behind it.. he asks her who she is .. she stutters and introduces herself as Santo ..

H : Santo who?

S: Sa.. Santo.. Santo Vaghela?

H: But who are you?

Taruben takes over the conversation and tells him that she is the new maid of the house. He asks her why she' been kept as a 'bandini' if she's a maid..

T : She's from a low caste.. that's why .. you people were coming tonight .. and I didn't want her to come in front of you .. that's why I told her to stay here in the store-room..

Hiten, uninterested in the proceedings , takes his guitar and leaves. Taruben goes to Santo and yells on her , asking her why she could not hide anywhere else. She twists her ear, causing pain to Santo and tells her not to show her face to her anymore.. Santo cries in despair after Taru-ben leaves..

_______

All the kids have gathered for dinner and are eager to talk to their father, all except Hiten.. the middle brother calls DM and is about to talk with him when DM cuts him and tells him that he's in a meeting and will call laters.. the other kids look at him expectantly and he tells them that DM is really happy that they've come back and he asked them how their trip was and tells them he missed them a lot.. Hiten smells something fishy and retorts '

H : Dharamraj Mahiyavanshi? And talked so much in just 5 minutes .. I know what he said ' "I'm in a meeting , will call later..".. didn't he?

Everyone is silenced ..

Hiten smiles like he has proved a point and tells everyone that when DM had no time for his wife, how will he have any for his kids.. his sister tells him to stop .. Hiten takes his plate and sits away from the table ..

Santo is carrying a bucket to her room when Champakali comes down- Santo stops her and asks her why she was coming out of her room .. Champa tells her that she had hidden a fairness cream in her room and applies the cream on her face, telling santo that she hates it when people comment on her dark skin .. just then they hear the screech of a car-brake, signaling DM's arrival .. Champakali panicks and tells Santo she'll wipe off the cream and come quickly .. Santo is going up when DM calls out for Champakali to pour some water after something on the gate dirties his hand .. Santo covers her face with the saree and takes the pot of water and pours it over DM's hand, who is unaware that it's Santo..she continues doing so without once daring to look at his face and DM tells her to stop, as he's finished washing his hands .. she gets startled by his voice and in the process, he sees her face .. making him stunned and angry at the same time-

DM : And what is all this? Why  are you here? I had called Champakali ..

S : Champakali was inside .. so .. I ..

DM : No need for you to do all these things .. you understand that? Keep that in mind from now on ..

Saying so, DM leaves and goes inside the house, leaving Santo a little upset ..

Nanaji and Khemi are looking at the newborn calf- Bhoori .. and Nanaji is reprimanding it for getting itself hurt .. Khemi tells him that Bhoori is way too young to understand one thing .. Nanaji tells her that kids are safe only with their mother ..and it's very difficult to be a mother to a kid 'Khemi does not understand his cryptic hints and asks him .. Nanaji tells her that DM has 5 kids .. Khemi is absolutely shocked and feels betrayed as Nanaji tells her that he knew everything when he got Santo married ' because that time even if he had told Santo about all this, there was no way to stop the marriage, because the proposal had come from DM himself .. Khemi is worried to know that Hiten is 3 years elder to her and that Santo has to become a mother to them as well ..

_

Inside the house,

DM sees Baa asleep , apparently after waiting for him .. he goes and wakes her up softly..

DM : Baa, how many times have I told you not to wait for me when I get late from the factory?

B : I'm  a mother .. cant help it.. and afterall , a parent has to be concerned about his kids'

DM gets Baa's hints towards the kids and sighs ..

DM : I understand that Baa.. where are the kids?

B : Today you are too late .. they are asleep .. I just want to tell you that make sure you don't be too late as far as the kids are concerned..  unless and until you understand the kids, how will they understand you? Grow closer to them DM ' otherwise it will be too late..

DM : I get it .. now off you go .. go sleep ..

Baa leaves .. and DM goes to the kids' room where the youngest son is sleeping with one arm hanging from the bed .. DM goes to him and gently adjusts him on the bed, stroking his hair .. and suddenly he hears a guitar strumming .. he leaves the room ..

Hiten is sitting in the verandah, playing his guitar.. DM comes and stands behind him .. and asks him how his tour was.. met with no response ..

DM : You know na we all meet at breakfast at 9 every morning? And you are always late.. if you keep playing your 'baja' every night till it's so late, how will you be on time.. Hiten .. I am talking to you ..

Hiten breaks the string of his guitar and gets up ..

H : It's broken ..

DM : Don't worry .. I'll get you a new one tomorrow ..

H: What about your relationship? IT is broken ..

Hiten leaves a zapped DM who defeatedly sits on the same chair Hiten was sitting on , tears of frustration rushing to his eyes but not spilling over ..

In the morning,

DM is sitting in his room , having fafna-jalebi (traditional Gujarati dishes).. he looks at Subhadra's portrait '

DM : Nothing is like it used to be before Subhadra.. nothing .. not even this food .. look at this fafna and jalebi .. I think I am going to forget how Gujarati food tastes like- it's so bad.. and I really feel for the kids .. what they eat ' that burger ane Pizza .. they have never even tasted Gujarati food ' undiyo, thepla, fafna.. they know nothing about these.. what is going to happen to them?!

He smiles looking at the portrait and is then interrupted by a phone call '

DM :Virat Sanghvi ..

V : Good morning Sadu bhai ..

DM : Saras .. Good .. good to see that your voice is as crackling as ever .. even after standing such huge losses ..

V: Forget about my losses .. have you introduced your new wife to your kids? According to me, three of them are older to your wife!

DM : I hear that the diamond association has suspended your order Virat .. and what about the insurance money? Have you got any of it yet?

V : I was talking about the kids' new mother ..

DM : I hope you've read today's headlines.. its all about you .. your losses are making big news Virat ..

V : Yes (sarcastically) ' lots of praise there .. you are my sadubhai .. you deserve some publicity too .. what say? How about printing those juicy details of your marriage?

DM : I hear you are working on a big order in Ahmedabad .. and you know what? I haven't heard of a big robbery in Ahmedabad since a lot of days .. now you decide what you want as the headlines ..

Virat gets scared and cuts the phone .. DM looks on amused ..

DM : Subhadra, your sister's brother is strange .. even after so much has happened, he refuses to mend his ways .. what he is not realizing is that the warmth upon which he's treating his hand to, it's the fire in which his house is burning ..

The kids are in the hall with the youngest duo fighting over silly things . They end up breaking a glass container making their sister, Kadambari angry .. Hiten who is on the phone tells her to ask Santo, their new maid to clean up the mess .. she calls out for Santo..

Santo rushes to the door and Kadambari asks her what her age is ' Santo tells her that she's 18 ..

K : No wonder she's lost .. why did these people employ such a young girl? Anyways.. Santo .. there is a jug broken there .. just clean it up ..

Santo does not budge ..

K : What's the matter?

S : Malik has told me not to enter the house .. and so has ben-ba '

K : How dare you! I am malik's daughter Kadambari and I hate to hear nos.. now get on your job!

Santo looks on shocked as her husband's daughter introduces herself..

Edited by ronitfan - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thank u so much my darling and wonderful,loving Sukhs ji👏

now me going to read and watch it😃😳
ronitfan thumbnail
My pleasure always , Sati and Angel ..
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Husband's daughter LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!

According to me, three of them are older to your wife!

Hiten leaves a zapped DM who defeatedly sits on the same chair Hiten was sitting on , tears of frustration rushing to his eyes but not spilling over ..

First bold part was a shit...and I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the second oneeeeeeeeeee😍wanna see the epi asapppppppp🥳

Thanks Suks !😃
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG sounds like an amazingly fantastic episode yaar!! i can't wait to see the epi Sukhs thanks a bunch!!!
I am sure u loved today's episode!
ronitfan thumbnail
Thanks Guddi and Samosa ..

Loved it ?

I LOOOUUUURRRVVEDD it Sammie!!

It was soooooooooo good .. RR is like GOD on screen .. just watch him.. those intricacies , those nuances .. he's gonna get me killed!
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Aarey I love when I am called Samosa 😎
And u call me Samosa when u are really happy...so OMGGGGGGGGGGG
he is God on screen for shizzle!!
ronitfan thumbnail
TOTALLY my samosa!!

DM is like MAHA AWESOME!
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4