17 Feb- WRITTEN update

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

17 Feb,2009

The episode begins with Nanaji looking on shocked, as Chipkali leads him outside the house to the dirty storehouse where he finds Santo.. as he walks towards Santo, Santo avoids his gaze and clutching a cloth in her hand she moves towards a rack. Nanaji stands and stares at the place .. and Santo pretends as if she's cleaning the place –

"It was so dirty over here.. so I thought of cleaning this place.. here no one lets me do any work .. this room is the smallest.. this is not where I live.. my room is so big .. it's getting painted at the moment.."

While she is saying all this, Nanaji, rummaging through the stuff in the room, finds Santo's bag with her belongings.. he picks it up and looks at her sadly –

N :  Why is it that your eyes say one thing and you say the other? Don't you know what punishment you used to get when you cried?

Santo looks down and holds her ears .. Nanaji is almost at tears and Santo comes running and hugs him ..

S: I wont lie now Nanaji ..

Nanaji hands her the tiffin containing her favorite dish made by Khemi.. telling her that this is for her and the people here ..

When they are hugging, Taru-ben comes and smirks from behind ..

T-ben : What did you think ? We don't give your grand-daughter food?

Taru-ben walks towards the both of them and introduces herself to Nanaji who folds his hands in front of her –

Taru-ben : What is this? You will bow down in front of the malik's sister like this?

She props her foot on her toe and wiggles it suggestively, gesturing him to bend down..

Just as he bends down, she stops him and reminds him that he should always bow his head in front of the malik's family ..

T : (to nanaji) – Come with me now .. I have some work with you .. come !

She gestures him to follow her .. they go down the stairs where there are beggars waiting for Taru-ben to start her donation for the eclipse/grahan..

T- You see that line of beggars waiting for the donation of food and money? Go and stand in that line .. we needed 21 beggars to start the proceedings but found only 20.. good that you came along.. now stand in that line!

Humiliated, Nanaji stands in the line and receives the donation .. Santo looks on from the stairs, saddened .. Taru-ben taunts Nanaji as she hands him the food and the money, reminding him that no beggar returns empty handed from this house.. just as Nanaji receives the donation, Dharamraj enters the house ..

Nanaji musters some courage and tells him that he was here to take Santo for the ritual of the pag-feras, in which the bride and the groom have to come to the girl's mayka and have dinner , after which the groom takes her home ..

T-ben : Have you gone mad? Today is an eclipse.. and no one from this house goes out on an eclipse.. and this house's brides (referring to Santo) keep a fast for the entire day..forget dinner at your place, no one will come there .. !

Dejectedly, Nanaji is walking away when DM stops him and tersely says –

"You may take your grand-daughter home for the ritual if you want to .."

And saying so he leaves, leaving Taru-ben totally taken aback.. wondering what has gripped her brother.. Nanaji gets happy and takes Santo home..

On their way home on the bullock-cart, Santo asks Nanaji why he took the donation and that he did not need do so .. Nanaji tells her that now she is related to the malik and he did not want her family to get insulted by his defiance .. and that by stooping himself, he has ensured that these people will not trouble her ..

Nanaji tells the bullock-cart to stop at the holy well ,telling Santo he wants to ask something from Khodiyar Maa .. they get down and Nanaji wishes upon a coin and throws it in the water –

S : What did you wish for?

N : I asked the Goddess to increase my age, so that I can see your happiness with my own eyes..

S: I want to wish too .. (drops a coin in the well) .

N : What did you wish for?

S : I asked the Goddess to fulfil your wish .. I know that you don't have the power to endure more sadness .. but I know she will fulfill your wish ..

They resume their journey ..

At the Mahiyavanshi mansion,

Everyone is settling down for dinner .. Baa is putting food on DM's plate affectionately..

Taru-ben also sits down for dinner and looks at DM accusingly-

T : Naanka (little one), I didn't understand one thing .. why did you let that girl go? Didn't you know that the no one from this house goes out during the eclipse?

D : I am aware of that .. but when she does not belong to this house, there was no reason to stop her ..

Everyone is silenced .. Taru-ben gets up to serve food to Baa-Bapuji and goes on to proclaim –

"What is this? Subhadra's plate is empty .. I think Baa has forgotten to serve her .."

Saying so, she is about to serve food on the empty plate when DM gestures her to stop-

D : What are you doing? Don't you know that Subhadra fasted during the eclipse and even after it? She did not eat even after the eclipse was over ..

T : I was bound to forget.. considering that we now have a copper plate between all the gold (referring to the inequality b/w Santo and them)

DM gets upset hearing the remark, but does not show it .. realizing the undercurrents..

At Santo's house,

Khemi and Mongi are immersed in decorating the house for Santo and DM's arrival .. just then Santo and Nanaji arrive .. and after once enquring about DM, Nanaji dodges the question, telling them that he'll come later..

They sit down for dinner and Mongi asks about DM again .. Santo tells them that he has gone for some important work .. Mongi gets upset as they had done so many preparations.. Nanaji tells her not to worry and that they have done all this for Santo as well.. Mongi eats the costly rice they had got for the night's feast and tells Santo that it tastes very sweet and different and tells her that she must be eating such good food everyday at her in-laws place.. Santo smiles ..

Mongi asks her about everything else and Santo lies convincingly, about her new house, her new room and the people .. Nanaji chokes at his food because of his emotion .. Santo is about to eat , takes one morsel and then goes away .. leaving Khemi confused..

Everyone is asleep but Santo is unable to sleep because of the day's events and the trauma caused by Taru-ben .. she runs outside and cries near Maudi… and tells her that she is very sad and wished her mother was alive..

Khemi comes from behind and reminds her that she DOES have a mother, in the form of a sister.. she asks her about her life and to answer honestly, Santo hugs her and cries inconsolably ..

PRECAP :

DM and Bapuji are talking ..

B : Never realized when the 3 months got over.. the kids will be back from their World tour .. what will happen when they find out?

DM : Don't worry .. nothing shall change ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronitfan thumbnail
This update was going away from the first page, so posted- LOL
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thank u thankkkkkkk uuuuuuuu sweet darling Sukhs for an awesome but sad cause of that idiot Moti-ben😡thanks a lot hun u rock big time sweetie😃
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
WOW I guess the kids will enter on thursday. Man, I thought the kids would have stayed in the hostel...Damn!! hehehe

Awesome update Sukhs...i guess now Santo's life will get the happiness..haule haule.

Sati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thanks Moti ben.......Awesome update............ :)
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
and where were u last night ji?
ronitfan thumbnail
Who me?

Arre my net connection was dead.. lol
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Suks for the update. Lubb ya.
Sri_Nidhi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update. I couldnot catch todays episode and so i was waiting for ur update.That woman TB is irritating.Only positive is DM gives some respect to nanaji.
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
sukh's lovely update...  me loved the scene with RR-nanaji today..Spoke volumes...