Update 16th Feb

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Todays episode starts with Santu getting ready to do puja.. She's in her storeroom and the windows are really high with bars.. Sunlight comes in through the window, and lights up santu's face.. She looks absolutely gorgeous in this scene...
   She climbs down the steps to the tulsi plant and starts doing puja... While she's pouring water into the plant, Taruben sees and she yell out.. How dare she start the puja.. And she throws her slipper(i'm not sure its her slipper) at her and starts yelling.. Santu is petrified.. Taruben comes down and (champakali)dantmanjan and the other worker cover their face.. When taruben asks why they stopped working, they say, that since she doesn't like to see neechi jaath people's faces in the morning, they covered their faces.. Taruben asks champakali to get gangajal...
  Outside, she terrorises poor santu saying that, a low caste/class person like her has no rights to do the puja in their house... She walks toward her, santu starts backing into the wall... Taruben lights the agarbathi/insence stick and is moving toward her threatening her.. Champakali comes with the gangajal, and taruben asks her if she was waiting for her to die to pour it into her mouth, and takes the gangajal.. She tells santu that since she's spoken to a neechi jaati person so early in the morning, she has to purify herself, and runs the gangajal over her tongue.. But threatens her by saying i this happens again, she'll cut off santu's tongue..She splashes water on herself, and walks off.. Poor santu and Champakali are left outside...
 At nanaji's place, Nanaji is at the pottery wheeel, making a pot, and remembering the rude manner in which he was spoken to, when he called up DM's house.. his hand slips and the mould is deformed.. He starts another one and khemi arrives, she asks him why he hasn't gone to the factory.. Nanaji says, ki, today he cant go, as he has to go to Santu's house to get her for the pag phere rasam.. Mongi gets excited and she says even she'll come, as she has never seen how a big house looks and she wants to see banevilal's house.. Nanaji corrects her and says, dont call him banevilal, he'll always be only malik for us.. Khemi consoles mongi and says that they'll go someother day, but for now only nanaji will go.. Khemi asks nanaji if Malik will come to their house, and if he will like what they serve him.. For which nanaji says, that malik is a very kind man, and once he sat with the workers and ate amongst them, so he definately will accept what they give him.. But in anycase, asks her to get the Rs.20 rice instead of the Rs.8 rice.. She agrees and goes on to say she'll borrow nice vessels from induben.. Nanaji looks pensive...

Back at the haveli, Baa is sitting morosely and DM comes.. DM says ki, you've considered me as your son and scoled me so many times, so please tell me something, yell at me, but dont stay silent.. Baa says, ki i thought that this was my subhadra's house, that i could stay here considering that this was my daughters house.. but you brought that girl here as your wife, you gave subhadra's position to her.. DM is heartbroken with these words, he says ki no one can ever take subhadra's place.. I have loved you and bapuji more than my own parents... Baa says something to the effect of, we made our son as beta and so on(i'm sorry, this was in gujrathi, and i couldn't really follow it... ) DM says, that when i got married to subhadra and brought her home, she'd asked me, if she should love me more or my parents more.. I'd told her that from that day on they were our parents.. When my mother died, she died with her hands in subhadras... So please believe me when I tell you that i have no feelings or no intentions of having any sort of relationship with the chokri.. Baa and DM are openly crying by now and they hug... Baa tells DM that there is an eclipse that day, so he should feed brahmins on that day...(P.S- I'm sorry for the sketchy description of this scene... I couldn't follow a lot of it.. Please dont let this dissuade ypou from watching this episode, it really is a very nice scene)...

Santu and Champakali are sitting in the store room.. Santu takes out her dol, Ana, and she shows it to champakali.. Champakali asks her what those things are, for which santu says that they're all my sweet memories which i have brought from my house.. Champakali asks her what her name is, she says that its Santu Waghela.. then she goes to correct it and says no santu mahiy... and then she stops and says, its just santu...Champakali, tells her how Taruben is the one who runs the family, as she's DM's older sister.. And then she tells her that, today is an eclipse, and though the family doesn't recognise her as the bahu, she is the bahu of the house and hence she should not go out of the house and should keep a fast through the day... Champakali, then realises its very late and runs off, other wise taruben will yell at her...

Nanaji is at the haveli.. he's stopped at the gate by the watchman who asks him who he is.. nanaji says, that Malik married his granddaughter.. The wathman gets respectful and lets him pass... He's at the dehleez of the main house and sees the grandeur of the house.. He thinks that his Santu is the malkin of this huge place... Champakali notices him at the door and asks him what he wants, he tells her he's santu's nanaji... Champakali, takes him out of the house, to the store room.. The episode ends with Nanaji seeing santu in the dank dingy store room...

Precap- Baa bapuji and DM are seated for lunch.. There's a place laid next to DM(presumably for subhadra), and Taruben goes to serve food in that place, when DM stops her and tells her ki Subhadra fasted the netire day during eclipses, has she forgotten that.. For which taru ben taunts him, saying that he was the one who brought, peetal in the middle of all that sona...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you Mru for the update 😊. I was waiting for it. Thanks for taking the time and doing it for us. It is very good and detailed. Don't worry about the gujju dialogues, from what you wrote I got the gist of it all 😊.

PS: I can't wait too see DM's scene with his Baa and Bapu ji.

Edited by ~Wicked~ - 15 years ago
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Hey, it was no biggie.. I hope i've got everything right though...
 That scene is the standout scene of the day...
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Mru for stepping in to do the update. Do not worry about the gujju dialogues. Either Mombasa or I will translate if required. I will have to watch the episode.

Feel sorry for Nanaji today. He will get a huge shock seeing Santu's plight.

sns23 thumbnail
Hema it really was no problem..
 About nanaji, he will get a huge shock.. but i think he expected too much from the marriage itself.. I mean, he knows the circumstances, he knows malik.. And the way he behaved immediately after the marriage got over in itself should've been an indicator...

.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
oh thank  u  so much sweetie for doing the update😊
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I agree Mru. But then Nanaji is a simpleton and he takes people at face value. And for him DM is the maalik who married his grand daughter in front of the whole village with all the rituals and thus saved their family honour. I wonder if he has still realized the real reason his maalik stepped upto the plate - that it was not for Nanaji or Santu's honour but for the consignment to be done.

In spite of all the circumstances, he would never have imagined that Santu would not have been allowed in the house.

RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Thanks Mru for the awesome update. Saras che!
Another fantastic episode.
I feel terribly sorry for Santu. DM is soo inconsiderate towards her. I guess this indifference will turn into immense, deep and ever lasting love for Santu one day. that''s the essence of the story i believe. Nanaji is gonna be heartbroken for sure, like you said he shouldn't have expected much.
Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thank you soo much for the marvellous update!!! 😊
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update. I feel terrible for Santu . I also agree that Nanaji is no child and as simple as he is , he can not possibly think that all is well with his Santu. For once the way DM walked away from madap  after marriage  is a indicator of his arrogence.
The way  DM's mother in law wants him to grive after her dead  daughter is unfair . DM refuse to knowledge  the existance of his marraige  and says that nothing has changed is sad. It was overall a sad episode.