FF:Out Of Darkness *Part 29* (Pg 75) *Updated* 9/7

Angelskiss thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

***Out of Darkness***

It was early in the evening in the small town, the farming land village called "Madhi." The haveli of the serpanch/Mayor was like always devoid of any noise, the many doors and windows closed and draped with the dark green color curtains. There was not a single sign of sunlight that entered the Haveli.

Vikrant Singhania was born in Madhi, the Singhania's was the only wealthy family in Madhi but they took no pride in it. The family was known for the sharp business man like mind. Vikrant Singhania was the first to move to the city in search of success, with years he found success and grew the family wealth. But he returned back to his hometown Madhi with his wife and only son, Brij Mohan Singhania. Because of his sharp mind and the family reputation it did not take him long to take the title as Madhi's serpanch which after his death 4 years ago was passed to his son Brij Mohan Singhania. BrijMohan was every bit like a Singhania, the same temper, the same calculating mind and the same male dominance. BrijMohan believed and followed the words of his father. BrijMohan like his father became the serpanch of the small growing town Madhi, he was the most respected, and the wealthiest man, everyone looked up to him, came only to him for advice and he listened to their problems with patience and guided them in solving their problems.

The loud chiming of the old wooden wall clock alerted BrijMohan of the time, he looked up from the book he was reading and stared at the clock frowning deeply upon seeing the time. It was time for his tea; he glanced at the door waiting for the girl to bring his evening tea. His gaze returned back to the wall clock, he watched as the clock ticked by indicating the lateness, his anger increased along with the tickling of seconds in the clock.

"B'Ba'Baba" came the scared and meek voice from the girl, she stood wearing a faded green colored long sleeved shalwar kameez, her head bent down covered with a dupatta. She noiselessly walked up to him and placed his tea on the table, her head still bent down.

BrijMohan glared at her "two minutes, two whole minutes" he stated in a loud voice which had the girl backing two steps.

"Ba-Baba, s-ssor'ssorry Baba, woh'. Chai h-haath se g-gi-gir' gayee thi'.  P-phir se ba-banani padi"  Stuttered the girl, her whole body trembling in fright of the upcoming blows she was going to receive for her lateness and her clumsiness. She accidently clutched her hands together tightly not caring of the stinging in her hands. The hands were red from the spill of the hot tea, she hadn't had the time to put ice or run cold water on her hands as she had to clean the whole spill, and pick the broken cup pieces that were scattered on the kitchen floor. If it hadn't been for Nirendra  Bhaiyaji who had purposely pushed her while she was preparing to take the tea to Baba then she would have been saved from burning her hands and the blows she was sure to receive now.

"Koi kaam theek se nahi hota'. Nothing'. You can never do anything right" BrijMohan screamed at her slamming the book on the table as he got up from the rocking chair and advanced towards the girl.

"B-Baba'. P-plea'. please ssorry'. It will n-never happen again'. I'.I'pro'." The girl's plea was silenced as she received the first blow on her right cheek, the force of which had her falling on the floor. She was weak and the blow was too hard like always, her jaw stung, and she knew that her cheek already had the red hand print mark. She watched with frightened eyes as BrijMohan raised his foot to kick her stomach but the loud ringing of the door bell saved her from the painful kick.

"Out" BrijMohan ordered shutting his door, not caring to help his daughter even though he heard the cracking of her bones. He knew her hand was broken but it wasn't the first time, there was no need to waste his time in tending to the girl. It was because of her own clumsiness, she never did anything right.

"Get back to your room, lock the door. I don't want to hear any sound coming from your room. Not even your breathing" BrijMohan ordered but the girl was gone before even hearing his words. There was no need to; she had been hearing the same words since the day she entered in the haveli.  She knew very well that every time the doorbell rang indicating the arrival of a guest she was to disappear from the haveli, lock herself in the basement which was her room.

She knew no one, not one single soul in the town knew of her existence except her father and her three brothers. The whole town knew that BrijMohan Singhania had three sons who were his pride and who he loved and cared deeply for but no one knew that he also had a daughter. The daughter who he hated, loathed the sight of her, and who he has kept locked inside the haveli  away from the preying eyes of the world, away from the outside world which his daughter knew nothing about just like the outside world knew nothing of her'.. no one knew about the existence of Radhika Singhania'..

***Angel***

PS: I started on this story a long time back... nearly six months ago, "inspired" by the story I had read back then... I have been working on it on and off ever since then and right now I have about 40 pgs written. I plan to update once a week that is if I get good comments 😛   But if you find this out of character then let me know I will stop it there... but when I started watching Choti Bahu, I knew Radhika would be the closest character for my story and seeing that there is hardly any fanfic for the show I decided to take the risk and post mine 😉

Happy Valentine Everyone!!!

Part 2 (pg 2), Part 3 (pg 3), Part 4 (pg 4), Part 5 (pg 5), Part 6 (pg 6), Part 7 (pg 8), Part 8 (pg 10), Part 9 (pg 12, Part 10 (pg. 14), Part 11 (pg. 16), Part 12 (pg. 17). Part 13 (pg. 21), Part 14 (pg. 23), Part 15 (pg. 25), Part 16 (pg. 27), Part 17 (pg. 30), Part 20 (pg. 42), Part 21 (pg. 49), Part 22 (pg. 53), Part 23  (pg. 57), Part 24 (pg. 60), Part 25 (pg. 62), Part 28 (pg. 71), Part 29 (pg. 75)

Edited by Angelskiss - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rkath thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

congrats on your new ff

great start
i hate brif mohan
wondering why he has keepen her hidden from the rest of the world
i will look foward to reading ur updates

luv raji

Bollywood_chic thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
woah..
i love the way u write.. how u explain the emotions.. the face expression everything.. can't wait to c how this turns out.

do cont soon..

xxsonia
reena120 thumbnail
thanks your new fanfic was wonderful .waiting for next part,carryon 😊
xTimax thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Great fanfic 👏.  can't wait for the next part.
pop77 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice start..waiting for next part..i really wants to know why he never love Daughter..why she always keep in the room..
~Unforgettable~ thumbnail
Great beginning!! Poor Radhika!! i feel so bad for her! Plz continue soon =D

p.s. i was wondering, did u get this story from the book "The Child Called It" cuz it sounds kind of similar??
neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
really lovely.......update soon
Nadz_YuNalover thumbnail
wow reli awesome love the way you right! awesome! plz cont soooon! please pm me when u update!
Angelskiss thumbnail

She knew no one, not one single soul in the town knew of her existence except her father and her three brothers. The whole town knew that BrijMohan Singhania had three sons who were his pride and who he loved and cared deeply for but no one knew that he also had a daughter. The daughter who he hated, loathed the sight of her, and who he has kept locked inside the haveli  away from the preying eyes of the world, away from the outside world which his daughter knew nothing about just like the outside world knew nothing of her….. no one knew about the existence of Radhika Singhania…..

"Mahendra, tum es samay yahan kya karrahe ho, aaj to ladke wale aarahe haina" BrijMohan asked upon seeing the man at his doorstep.

"Main barbad ho gaya Bhaiyaji, meri zindagi bhar ki kamayi hue izzaat lut gayee"  wailed Mahendra in front of BrijMohan.

"What happened Mahendra kaka?" Nirendra asked as he stood beside his father.

"Meri badi beti Abhista ghar se bhaag gayyee Bhaiyaji....... we have been searching for her since morning but still haven't found her …. Ab ek ghante mein ladke ki ma aur bahen ane wale hai sangeet ke liya ab mein kya karoon mujhe aap hi bataye Bhaiyaji" Mehendra informed him of his problem, he didn't know what to do. He and his family had been searching the whole day for Abhishta when they didn't found her in her room. He could not understand how his daughter could do this, he knew her too well, and he knew she could never do this but all the happenings hinted that his daughter ran away from home. He just didn't understand why? She was so happy with the alliance; she was excited and had been going on about her dreams of living in the city as the wife of the biggest businessman. Then what went wrong?

"This is a very big problem, teen din baad shaadi hai aur ladki gayab. Yeh kya kiya tumhari beti ne. Did you not inform your daughter how important this marriage is for Madhi's development? Pura Madhi is shaadi se aas laga kar bhaitha hai, tum jaante hona." BrijMohan asked, angered at the news. This marriage was very important for the development of the town; if the groom's family took the news hard then they could set the whole town back to when it was just a baseless small village. It was the hard work of his father and him that the small nameless village was now a growing town, developing itself into a productive city but this one mistake could take away everything BrijMohan and his father had worked so hard on.

"You go home now Mahendra, Ladke walon se baath karo unhe saab baath batao dekho kya kahethe hai, unhe samjoa, maafi maangon unse, binthee karo ki woh es baath ki wajah se saare Madhi ko na udaas kare aur unse kaho ki es ghalati ke liye hum unki koibhi maang poori karenge" BrijMohan adviced Mahendra.

"lekin Bhaiyaji" Mahendra protested but stopped realizing his mistake, he knew BrijMohan Singhania never gave a wrong advice.

"You don't worry Mahendra, talk to them and then come directly for the panchayat. We all can discuss about this and consider what we should do next" BrijMohan explained and hoped the groom's family would not take any drastic step upon hearing the news. He was sure the family was sensible enough, and traditional, he knew they would not ask for anything that was valuable for Madhi.

"Jee theek hai Bhaiyaji" Mahendra obeyed, touched BrijMohan's feet and left for his house, feeling relieved at having the support and assurance of the serpanch……

"Do you know something about the disappearance of Abhishta" BrijMohan asked noticing the mischievous glint in his elder son's eyes.

"I think even you do Baba" Nirendra replied slyly. BrijMohan stared at his son with confusion, and then realization downed on him.

"Is Abhishta the girl Arjun was talking to me about last night?" BrijMohan asked wanting to make sure he was right in his assumption.

"Yes, Baba" Nirendra answered.

"I can't believe this, from all the girls in this town he had to pick Abhishta the one who is… was getting married into Kailashnath's family. He should have at least told me that. I actually gave him permission to marry whichever girl he wanted. Tell me Nirendra, what was Arjun planning on doing with the girl?" BrijMohan asked, he regretted allowing his son to fulfill his desire. He thought it was just some girl from the nearby village, he did not for once think that it was Abhishta, and neither did he think on whether his son just lusted after the girl or just wanted to take revenge or actually loved her.

"Baba! I am so happy today" Arjun's voice boomed as he walked in excitedly and hugged his father very much aware of the situation he had caused in his desire to get even with Abhishta.

"What did you do with Abhishta?" BrijMohan asked his son in a hard voice, but he could not get angry at his son when he looked so happy.

"I kidnapped her last night and forced her into marrying me" Arjun exclaimed as if it was a normal thing to do.

"WHAT? You married her without my permission" BrijMohan screamed in shock, this was getting more difficult now. He knew he would have to ask forgiveness and plead in front of everyone because of his son's mistake.

"Baba, I asked you last night, you said I can do whatever I wanted so I got married to her like I wanted to" Arjun reminded his father with a frown. He did not like to see his father angry, he never got angry at him or his brothers, he only got angry at HER but never at him. He did not like it, he was so happy he got married to Abhishta, he hated her she was always calling him stupid and idiot and then since the past few weeks she had been flaunting about how she was getting married to the handsome and intelligent businessman from the city. He hated her even more, he had first thought of killing her but then decided to marry her then she will have to stay at his house just like his sister was living. In darkness!

"Baba don't love Arjun anymore, Baba angry at Arjun" Arjun cried seeing his father glaring at him in anger. BrijMohan smiled seeing his son using that same tactic again. Arjun was still so very much like a child, slow at things his behavior and attitude of a child and everyone in the town knew about it bit none dared to point out that Arjun Sighania, son of BrijMohan was an autistic man!

"No Arjun, I am not angry, I am just upset. You should have told me the girl was Abhishta but never mind that. Where is she now?" BrijMohan asked realizing that he still hadn't seen Abhishta.

"She is standing outside, she said she won't come inside before the ghra-something" Arjun answered. BrijMohan and Nirendra laughed at Arjun's words, Nirendra ruffled Arjun's hair while BrijMohan went outside to talk with Abhishta wondering how he was going to explain this to everyone at the panchayat........

It was after an whole hour of apologies and explanations in front of everyone from both Mahendra and BrijMohan that they finally were able to discuss on how to solve this problem.

"Ab kya karien Bhaiyaji, the sister said that they all came here for her brother's marriage and we promised them that. She is saying that if we don't find a girl who is richer and sanskari then Abhishta then they will shut down their factories and start construction on their farming lands."  Mahendra explained.

Everyone in the panchayat listened to his whole meeting with groom's family.  How the groom's mother and sister were both angry upon hearing the news. They stated that their son/brother will have to get married on the decided marriage date. They have informed of the marriage to everyone, the news reporters, their friends and relatives were all going to come at the wedding. Their whole reputation was at stake; it had taken them a great deal of persuasion to finally make their son consent to get married. The sister was very angry, she threatened if her brother did not get married in this week then she will ruin Madhi. The sister had in clear words stated "Mujhe mere bhai ke liye dulhan chahiye, it does not matter if the girl is not as educated as Abhishta but the girl should be beautiful, wealthy and traditional. You and your Mabhi inhabitants have till tomorrow afternoon to find a suitable bride for my brother." She had left in anger shouting the threat if they did not find a suitable girl.  

"What should we do BrijMohan, you tell us. How can we find any suitable girl in such a short notice? You know how our towns' people are; none of them are going to agree to get their daughter married to a man from the city. And I don't believe there is any girl who is as beautiful and matured as Abhishta is" said Bhadura Sing, one of the senior member in the Panchayat group.

"Kalpana, Shailendar ki beti. What about her? She is beautiful, educated and sanskari and the family is quite wealthy" BrijMohan suggested, he was hoping and praying the situation would not go so far that he would have to take the decision he was not willing to take.

"Her marriage is already fixed with Shrikant's youngest son" His son Nirendra informed.

"What about Radha's daughter? She has just returned from the city completing her studies." Bhadura suggested.

"She is not sanskari, dekha nahi kaise kapre pahen ke ghoomthi hai and kaise har ladke ko chipakthi hai. Unhe aise ladki nahi chahiya" Mahendra pointed out and so one went the suggestions but not one was suitable enough to become the Bahu of Kailashnath's family. It was not like there were no girls that were good and beautiful enough, it was the difficulty of finding a girl that came from a rich family. There were very few families that fit in the list of wealthy families. Even though the town has been developing into a city but the people still had the same old superstitious believes.

"Baba, What do you think about HER" Arjun whispered into his father's ear, seeing how this whole problem has come to because of his wish. He did not like when his father had to apologize to the whole town because of what he did.

"Kaun Arjun" BrijMohan asked, even though he knew who his son was suggesting because he had been thinking the same thing.

"HER… that girl in our house" Arjun answered a bit too loudly.

"Who is he talking about BrijMohan" Bhadura asked. BrijMohan sighed; all eyes were on him now. It seemed like she was the only one that was suitable enough for all this. The sister wanted a traditional, wealthy and sanskari girl, then his daughter was all that but how will he suggest this to the towns people who knew nothing of her.

"Radhika" BrijMohan answered.

***Angel***

PS: Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments.... please continue giving me those lovely comments and I will continue to update this fanfic regularly..... I hope you all will like this part...... if you have any suggestions I can incorporate in this story then please PM them to me!!!  Let me know how you found this part......