Stars of ‘Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi’ opine on ‘GKB

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Stars of 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi' opine on 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai'
by Vidhya Krishnan
Feb 04, 2009, Bangalore

The comedy show 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' on NDTV Imagine from Shah Rukh Khan's production house, Red Chillies, is a tribute and is based on the 80s show 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi'. The show went on air last week and has a different set of actors portraying different roles. But how much can these new guys deliver and bring about their best is the wonder as there will be constant comparison between the old and the new shows. And that we thought can be best commented by the actors of 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi' who can give better thoughts as they have portrayed the similar roles in the past. So we caught up with some of the actors of the original soap to have their say on the new guys and the show…Read on…

Satish Shah gives his thoughts on the new show and actor Ali Asgar who is portraying the role that Satish Shah did in 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi'… "I am very fond of Ali Asgar and think that he is the most appropriate one for this role. I saw the first two episodes and it was a lot similar to 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi'…I think that has been done more to establish in the beginning. But I also see that there have been some changes done to suit the present times. Comparisons will obviously be made but changes are good; the generations are different and it is for the present generation to watch out for what they missed. Personally I have sweet memories and great affiliation to 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi'. Infact I was offered to do the same role that I did but I politely rejected for personal reasons. Moreover I was 26 years younger then and the stamina levels are different. There was so much hard work put in and I want to do something different. And I am already flattered about the fact that SRK is paying a tribute to me".

Sulabha Arya gives her thoughts on the new show and actress Jaya Bhatia who is portraying the role that Sulabha Arya did in 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi'… "I have not seen the show but I guess the show is based on 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi' and not a remake. It is something to feel happy about. The fact that the tribute is being made to 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi', shows that it was a hit show. 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' is for the new generation and to know that there was a hit show in the 80s and go and check it out on DVD. I am happy for the production house, the entire cast, technicians, and director. I am sure this show is going to be good and entertaining in its own way and no doubts about the capabilities of the actors. I wish all the best to everyone involved in the show and hope that it reaches people and provides good entertainment".

Vijay Kashyap gives his thoughts on the new show and actor Deven Munjal who is portraying the role that Vijay Kashyap did in 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi'… "Frankly speaking I don't know about Deven and not seen his work so there is no point in commenting about him. But I see that I played a Bengali and the new show has the role of a Punjabi in the role that I portrayed...I think the Bengali part could have been retained because it has its own sweet charm. However there are some talented actors in the show and the program seems to be good. But it was a lot different when shooting during those days due to economic conditions; one episode took four days to complete and one take was done twenty times

TV was altogether new then and the outcome was that we all got popular very soon and became big names. I am sure the new show has a lot of hard work, sincerity and will surely be good. The director is good and I have worked with him earlier. I was offered to play the role again but I rejected it for some personal reasons; one of it being that I don't want to go back to the past rather want to take up something new. Anyways I have my best wishes for the show".

Rakesh Bedi gives his thoughts on the new show and actor Swapnil Joshi who is portraying the role that Rakesh Bedi did in 'Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi'… "It is very nice to know about it and the show is being made to suit the time. I wish all the best for the show. I have not seen the show though because of my busy schedule. However I thought that they could have retained the title and the title song and had that been done, the level would have gone a lot higher".

Page 1 of 2

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_interview/yeh_jo_hai_zindagi_ghar_ki_baat_hai/february-04-2009/Yeh_Jo_Hai_Zindagi_Ghar_Ki_Baat_Hai_stars_actors_NDTV_Imagine_opinions_1.html