Swapnil’s weight gaining spree!

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Swapnil's weight gaining spree!

Swapnil Joshi who is seen as the fat and chubby Kakku in SRK's Ghar Ki Baat on NDTV Imagine had put on seven kgs for his role in the show.

He says his character demanded him to do so but it was very difficult for him. And the actor says unlike what people say, for him gaining the weight was more difficult than losing it.

"Now I've realized that gaining those extra kilos is much more difficult than losing them," he says, "I know what you have to go through to put on weight… you have to literally hog all day long and eat without putting a full stop."

"I love pizzas and pastas and that is what I've had all this time and in addition to that I had extra cheese and butter… and I've had all this in abundant quantity. Itna ki ab main pareshan ho gaya hoon khaa khaake," he says, "I used to immediately sleep after having my dinner. Then I carried packets of cheese which I ate during short breaks where I used to earlier eat bhel or popcorn."

Speaking about his character in the film, Joshi says, "I am playing Kakku who is a very golu molu boy. He is behind all the mischief in the family and especially he tries to create trouble between his sister and jiju. He's a very easy going guy. He's a big eater and a lazy fellow too."
http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090131_210

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I think Swapnil Joshi rocks as Kaku! He is so cuteee. Totally love his hair style and eating spree. He reminds me of my brother.
~sujal_kashish~ thumbnail
Oh yea! Now I get it.. I was wondering why he looks so overweight.. Lol..

Its actually for the role! Haha..