SRK debuts on TV with ‘Ghar Ki Baat Hai’!

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
SRK debuts on TV with 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai'!

by Tellywatch News Desk

Jan 30, 2009, Mumbai  

'Ghar Ki Baat Hai…' is a light family comedy produced by Red Chillies Idiot Box. 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' is a sitcom that pays tribute to the landmark 80s show 'Yeh Jo Hai Jindagi'. This show marks the television debut of actress Juhi Babbar. Juhi Chawla and Shreyas Talpade are going to make special appearances in two different episodes of the show.

The story of 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' revolves around the hilarious situations in the lives of the Yagnik family. A young couple, Rajdeep and Radhika Yagnik, live in Mumbai with Radhika's unemployed brother Kapil Kumar a.k.a. Kaku. Apart from dealing with his everyday problems, Rajdeep is constantly put into one-up situations with his incompetent brother in-law forcing his wife to play the mediator in this constant fight between the two! Add to this, the troubles that come from dealing with nosey, irritating and of course, lovable neighbours and you get a contemporary comedy of errors that showcases how diametrically different people unite as a family. The constant one-upmanship battles between the brothers-in-law with the wife playing the bridge between them give way to a comedy of errors. How these different people unite as a family forms the essence of 'Ghar Ki Baat Hai'.

/>The star cast includes Sumeet Raghavan, Swapnil Joshi, Ali Asgar, Jayati Bhatia and Deven Munjal. They are joined by a host of other talented artists. Director Aziz Mirza is the supervising creative director and Anant Mahadevan is the director. The writer of the show is Kanica Dhillon. The title song of the show was shot on Aksa Beach. The title track has been composed by Pritam and is sung by Sukhwinder Singh. The ambience was created on Aksa Beach and it was shot with the star cast.

Announcing the new series, Sameer Nair, CEO, NDTV Imagine said, "Ghar Ki Baat Hai offers a great way to have an enjoyable weekend without getting off your couch! The strong ensemble of talented, comic actors, a hugely hilarious script, contemporary situations and settings, coupled with the strong production and directorial team at Red Chillies is a sure fire-recipe for complete entertainment. We are very excited to partner with Shah Rukh Khan and his team at Red Chillies on their debut TV production."

Shah Rukh Khan added "As a company this is our first foray into television production and I am equally thrilled and nervous to present Ghar Ki Baat Hai to TV audiences across the country. We have always believed that comedy is a medium that brings people together. Our team at Red Chillies are very proud of this show and we look forward to entertaining audiences week after week."

Ananth Narayan Mahadevan, Director, Ghar Ki Baat Hai said, "I'm very excited to be working on such an interesting show. Ghar Ki Baat Hai is set in today's time and has situations that audiences can easily relate to. What makes it special is the humorous take we give each of these situations. I am equally excited to be working with such a talented bunch of actors and the entire team at Red Chillies."

Aziz Mirza, Creative Director, Ghar Ki Baat Hai added "For me this really has become Ghar Ki Baat Hai, as I was also a part of Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, which is the inspiration for this show. It is wonderful to be able to bring alive a series like this and reach out to Indian audiences every week. Today, I believe that audiences thrive for a good family entertainer, one that they can sit, watch and laugh together with. I truly believe that Ghar Ki Baat Hai will fill that void. I'm honoured to be a part of this exciting production."

'Ghar Ki Baat Hai' will go on air from Jan. 30 at 9.30pm. The show runs from Friday to Sunday on NDTV Imagine.

Page 1 of 1

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_news/ghar_ki_baat_hai_shah_rukh_khan/january-30-2009/ghar_ki_baat_hai_shah_rukh_khan_red_chillies_idiot_box_ndtv_imagine.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Thnx for th article...the show was quite good in its first episode...looking forward to watching it tmrw