Daily soap discussion - Page 42

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Sammie, i'm so gonna get beat up for this, but i dont see him falling in love with her, atleast not the same love she'll have for him..
Its going to be a gradual process, where in one day she'll be come the centre of his life..Its going to be something deeper than love for him..  
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail

Originally posted by: sns23

Sammie, i'm so gonna get beat up for this, but i dont see him falling in love with her, atleast not the same love she'll have for him..

Its going to be a gradual process, where in one day she'll be come the centre of his life..Its going to be something deeper than love for him..  

haan na Mru, that's what i m saying, he won't fall for her...I m sure!!😆
I agree with u....but he will someday, and woh din bahut door hai 😉

sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Garv_Kumud_4eva

haan na Mru, that's what i m saying, he won't fall for her...I m sure!!😆
I agree with u....but he will someday, and woh din bahut door hai 😉

It is, pehle kohinoor naam ke bhooth ko wahan se bhagaana hai na???

BTW, i wonder how DM and subhadra's relationship was?? Coz Hiten's dushmani with his father seems to rise from the fact that he never loved/respected/had time for either his mother or the kids...
 Aur yeh DM hai, ki all the time kohinoor kohinoor karta rehta hai... The truth seems to be blurry na???
mombasa00 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sns23

It is, pehle kohinoor naam ke bhooth ko wahan se bhagaana hai na???

BTW, i wonder how DM and subhadra's relationship was?? Coz Hiten's dushmani with his father seems to rise from the fact that he never loved/respected/had time for either his mother or the kids...
 Aur yeh DM hai, ki all the time kohinoor kohinoor karta rehta hai... The truth seems to be blurry na???

I was thinking the same Mru.  Yeh kya gadbad hai.

Watch it unfold over time and it will turn out to be a big misunderstanding Hiten had about his parents' relationship.  I mean DM made all this wealth coz he did not like what Virat said to Subhi his  kohinoor.  He defo loved her and cared for her feelings.  Maybe he was not very expressive and hence kids did not see it.  Ek baar hiten ko pata chalega, he will bond with his dad....long time to go but still....

Edited by mombasa00 - 15 years ago
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Mru and Mombs:

I too have been pondering over this fact that Hiten's perspective and DM's scenes with Kohinoor give 2 different scenarions. DM's interaction with Ba about his love for Subhadra validates DM's case. So if Hiten has some kind of misunderstanding for whatever reason, why does not Ba try to clarify it or set things straight. Hiten may not listen to DM but he would surely consider his grandmother's explanantion na? Looking forward to this situation being revealed and then sorted out. Methinks it will be Santu who will be the person to make Hiten get rid of his misunderstanding.
loveanime thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
But I was proud of Hiten today. Who liked what he said. Kadambari and Mauli opened their mouths but their resentment and anger seemed self serving, it was about family respect, and what is the need, blab blab.

Only Hiten talked about Santu being a bacchi and being bought like a piece of good. To be honest isn't hiten absolutely 1000% right, for DM wasnt Santu just a business transaction. He also mentioned how DM would throw Santu away once he is done with her. I thought that was endearing to spare a thought for poor Santu when his mind is full of contempt for his dad. This shows deep down he is a very good guy who knows what is right and wrong and who cares for others maybe more so than even his father does.

I was proud of him because his anger was valid and to the point. I think the main reason he got slapped is because deep down DM knew that his son was right.
soapie thumbnail
The whole episode was fantastic...a great way to start the week, but the highlight was definitely the scene between DM and Santu.

The way DM strides up the stairs aggressively and calls out for his Chokri...it seemed as if he was just going to wring her neck dry! And then his questioning (In Gujju ofcourse, which is just so adorable!) and her falling on feet and replying back!

I loved the way RR's face changed in that whole scene...from anger to confusion to softness to guilt to helplessness...wonderfully enacted! And Aasiya? My God, that girl is good! To be able to stand up to someone as experienced as Ronit is a feat in itself and she was just amazing yesterday. The fear in her eyes came out so wonderfully and then the relief when DM actually accepts her explanation and leaves...

Also, what I liked the best about yesterdays' episode was DM's telling off Motiben. Contrast it with the earlier episode, where he got scolded by his elder sister and he took it in a good spirit and now when it came to something serious, he behaved exactly like he should have.

Good to know that DM is living up to his name (Dharamraj being a man who is just and fair).

Hiten is cute...no seriously! And the fact that he does not blame Santu for the marriage, rather in his own way supports her, shows that he is nice bloke, though I wish he was a bit more polite with his Pa!

The promo for today looks interesting with Hiten and Santu interacting and him telling her that she might be DM's wife but she shouldn't try to become his Mother....Well, biologically, its not even possible Hitenbhai. So just chill!

Overall, a very fast paced episode and its nice to see that all the characters have their own quirks and are not completely black or white (at least not till now)...also, hopefully now that Bapuji has noticed the very Slumdog type of living conditions that the Bahu of the house is living in, he and Ba better get her a new wardrobe...preferably something which will make DM notice her more...ahem!😉😆

Soapie
nsb416 thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapie

M & M,

Rambha is the name of a mythological Apsara (the Indian equivalent of a fairy, albeit not as chaste and virtuous as the Western one, rather a naughty girl who set about troubling pious souls!) who tried to seduce the great sage, Vishwamitra when he set about doing penance.

Indra Devta who was threatened by Vishwamitra's powerful penance sent Rambha, who was supposed to be one of the most beautiful, accomplished and attractive Apsara's of his heavenly court down to Earth to seduce Vishwamitra and break his penance.

Despite all her physical allure, she could not succeed in doing so and got cursed by Vishwamitra and turned into a stone statue.

The comparison of a wife to Rambha is made because of her allure and well...her specialization in nocturnal activities...(Ab khud hi samaj lo...this is a family forum, cannot go into detailed description!)😆

The exact translation of 'Shayneshu Rambha' means like 'Rambha in Bed'! (Shayan is the Sanskrit equivalent of Bed / Sleeping)

I hope this helps!

Soapie

PS: Just in case you are curious, the work of Rambha was accomplished to some degree by Menaka, another apsara in Indra Devta's court and out of the short-lived union between Vishwamitra and Menaka, was born the beautiful girl, Shakuntala...

Sorry, I'm not really a member of this thread, but this made me laugh! I dunno why I thought rambha meant a warrior or something....Don't know Sanskrit at all.

soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Soapie and Mombasa (in the update thread) - you guys have covered everything between the two of you. I agree with Soapie the way Ronit Roy is able to vary his expressions in one single scene is just mindblowing. First in the scene with the children when he comes into the house and realizes that they know already and then the slow progression to anger to outright volatile fury after Hiten's taunts. And then in the scene with Santu. 👏

The DM-Hiten chemistry is also very good. Boy this is one gussawala family. Aur bechari Santu in logon ke beech mein aa phasi.

I was also very happy to see the last scene where after Motiben is told off and DM leaves she looks up at Santu. And for the first time Santu stares right back at her and does not drop her gaze, turn her face or hid behind the ghunghat. Very telling.

Looking forward to the Hiten-Santu scene tomorrow.

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Ho ho ho ..

You guys have really covered everything here as well but I always love joining in the discussions .. still cant get over yesterday's episode .. it really proved that DM and Hiten are just one of  a kind.. come to thnk of it- if this happened with DM' s father, my guess is that DM would have turned into a reasoning volcano himself - just like Hiten did ..

Hiten and DM's relations are very strained indeed .. i really wonder how and when Santo will start having an effect on it .. for some reason, I also think that Hiten does not know / is under some illusion regarding his mother's death .. maybe he thinks it's somehow connected to DM that she left them all so early .. that's why he's always sending his father on a guilt trip!