19 Jan : Bandini's first day - WRITTEN UPDATE

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

The first day of Bandini

Date : 19 Jan 2009

Rating : AWCHUM ! (Ok I know I am biased! LOL)...

Ok guys without wasting any time, let's get on with the update '

The first episode kicked off with the visuals of Dharampur, and the Gujarati rendition of the Ganesh Vandana, it's farms and the rural backdrop and then it panned to a small yet vibrant house which is surrounded by pots and mud. A young girl is doing pooja in the house.. another girl, just a kid , runs inside the house after hearing the pooja chants and goes hugs her elder sister doing the pooja. Together,they come out of the house and put the tilak on their cow. They then move on to give the Prasad to their grandfather, who asks where his darling Santori  is'

Amid wet mud and a whole lot of pots, we have young Santo who's sitting by her potter's wheel and who's making clay pots. Her elder sister and her kid sister, both come to give her the Prasad but both slip in the wet mud and fall down , to which Santo has a hearty laugh. Her sisters ask her to help, but all three end up falling in the same pit of mud.Their grandfather looks on amused, and reminds them that they have to go the Dharampur fair today! The youngest sister sprays everyone with water and we get the first glimpse of our heroine ' Santo.

In the next scene, all 3 sisters go to their grandfather , asking him to come with them but he tells them that he wont be able to come as he has a lot of important things to do. The youngest sister innocently questions and asks him what is more important than the fair ' he takes her close and tells her that there are 200 people working below him .. and if he does not work, how will they feed themselves? The elder sisters recall their parents being dead and are saddened. Their grandfather cheers up the little one by telling him that he works with diamonds, and he makes beautiful diamonds out of stones which they get from the ground. He goes on to tell them that malik has a lot of faith in him and he cant let him down. He tells the sisters to go enjoy the fair and make sure they come home before 9, with the Prasad of the Shivratri offered at the Shiva temple.. the sisters leave for the fair on a bullock-cart with lots of other people.

In between their path, the youngest sister , Moji , asks Santo to get a falling kite for her.A young man, who is on a research on Gujarati culture ' Shashank (Bharat Chawda) watches Santo run free behind the kite .. followed by lots of kids vying for the same kite to be in their hands. He is instantly attracted to her rustic charm and clicks a photograph of her before she disappears after the kite. Santo gets the kite for her sister and they proceed to the fair. They reach the fair just after dusk.

The 3 sisters are having a lot of fun at the fair with Moji wanting to have everything in the fair. The elder sisters avoid buying anything for themselves in order to save money and make their sister happy. Shashank, who is at the same fair, tells his friend about Gujarat and why he remained in India to do the research, because he wanted to stay close to his roots. The sisters ask Moji what she wants ' and she says she wants a diamond necklace. The 2 sisters frown and tell them that real diamonds are owned only by malik..

He wears a real diamond in each ring on his fingers ..

Cut to the Mahiyavanshi mansion,

Dharamraj is doing the pooja in his house for Shivratri and his assistant is talking to an employee, in the room below. The assistant tells the employee that he is to talk to the malik only on two occasions ' when he asks a question, and when he does not question and yet demands an answer .. the employee nods submissively.

Dharamraj walks down the steps and removes his mojis, settling on his white mattress.. and inspects one of the diamonds of the batch to be exported. He re-asserts that only this diamond and it's likes are to be exported and none else.The assistant nods in the affirmative. Dharamraj moves his gaze at the employee ..

D : He has not spoken yet, has he?

Assistant : No Malik ..

D : (To the employee) You know what you have just done? You have forgotten the fact that you cannot put a diamond in your mouth .. because once it enters your body, it tears your intestines apart.. if the diamond goes in , your life will come hurling out ..

The employee is looking on aghast as to how he guessed that the diamond was in his mouth ' he quickly removes the diamond and places it near Dharamraj before going down on his knees, asking for forgiveness but Dharamraj is in no mood to let him continue ..

D : After 18 years, 4 months and 2 days, you ' Rajesh ' thought of doing THIS to me?

R : Forgive me Malik , my wife is suffering from asthma ' I didn't have the funds to pay for her treatment .. my kids ..

D : Your elder son , studies in class 8 , is placed 5th in his class .. your younger son, in class 5 ' does not concentrate on his studies but is very good in his sports..

R : Malik ..How do you '

D : I keep a track of everything which is useful for me .. whether it is a machine .. or whether it is a human being ..

(To the assistant)

Make sure that Rajesh's son gets to study in the best school that we have .. and make sure we pay for all the bills of his wife's treatment ..

R: Malik .. inspite of committing such a horrendous act, you ..

D : (signaling him to stop) I have not finished yet .. my weakness is my work .. and I know your family is yours .. you will leave Dharampur today .. and you will never return . .this is your punishment ' to stay away from the people you love .. your family is to go nowhere ..

Rajesh looks on horrified, the assistant takes him away ..

When he returns, he reminds Dharamraj that he is to do the Shivratri pooja at the Shiva temple today ' and that no one can offer Prasad at the temple before he does the pooja ..

Dharamraj rushes to the temple in his fleet of cars.

Meanwhile, the 3 sisters go to purchase some Prasad as it's already late and they have to rush back home with the Prasad offered to the God .. Moji rushes to the temple with the Prasad and the shopkeeper reminds the sisters that no one is allowed to offer Prasad to the God before malik .. they stop young Moji from entering the temple but she insists on going through the backdoor and offering the Prasad, because grandpa had told them not to return without the Prasad .

Nervously, Moji and Santo enter the temple through the back door. Unaware of them being inside, the preist locks the back door as he does not want anyone inside before malik.

Dharamraj arrives to the fair and everything stands still. As he gets off the car with his preist and assistant, all the villagers start talking about how malik has provided employment to so many people .. how he has set up the entire village .. and that is why no one has the right to worship the  deity before him. The eldest sister is very scared as both the sisters are inside the temple.

Dharamraj reaches the steps of the temples and notices Santo's sandals lying there ..

The preist looks angrily at the temple cleaners and says :

"How many times have I told you low caste people, NOT to leave your footwear near the temple when you clean? WHO has done this?"

The cleaners tell him that this sandal is not theirs .. the preist tells Dharamraj that someone has dared to enter the temple before him. Dharamraj looks on to the temple door, enraged. Moji and Santo try escaping, but the back door is closed. The preist calls for the person inside the temple to come out immediately. Santo tells little Moji to stay inside the temple and Santo steps outside to face the music .

_______

Comments laters!

OMGGG !

Edited by ronitfan - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
I loved the first episode.
RR was mind blowing as always...the last scene, he didn't have any dialogues still he was awesome...he conveyed through his expressions.
Santo is ok...but u know I loved her simplicity. Her sisters are also cute.
I felt like I was watching a movie. Good opening.
CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I missed the show....but sure going to watch when I have free time...it sounds awesome for sure : D

Great update !

I loved how you went into details and unlike many other written updaters , your updates are comprehensible !!!

Love , Shreya
ronitfan thumbnail
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW thank you Shreya !

Do watch the show, it was so refreshing !!

It was more than the change I expected from EK ... !!

Thanks Sammie too!
OMG I am still in NO state of mind to comment .. AT ALL!
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Yes Sukhs as always ur update is mindblowing.
U know i loved the way the farm was shown, the village life is portrayed beautifully. It looked so real. Naana ji looked very much true to his character. Everyone looked their character, and acted too. It was great.

Thanks SUkhs!!
ronitfan thumbnail
Yea and I loved the way they also had the modern touch to the show, via Shashank, the photographer .. good that they didnt show the village untouched by civilization - even Dharam came in a car!
~Wicked~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Too good update Suks, lubb ya. Now just waiting to watch and ....hmmmm.....someones gotta help me to come down to earth ☺️.
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
👏

⭐️

Sukhi those were for you....

RR ke liye m still thinking kya boluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..............

He was ROCKSOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE😲😲

⭐️
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Yea exactly I wonder if Shashank is Dharam's son, coz u know he is like this is my gujurat and all...so i guess that's where he is born and bought up. Yea good the village has some modern things around. And good that Santo didn't go all shocky shocky seeing the camera. I thought she was gonna yell at Shashank saying ee ka hai? LOL
ronitfan thumbnail
OMGGGGGGGG you gonna watch it now?

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !
Thankkoooooooo Tabs!