Eva Grover on her cameo in 'Bidaai' - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Eva Grover on her cameo in 'Bidaai'
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jan 13, 2009, Bangalore

Rajan Shahi's 'Sapna Babul Ka Bidaai' on Star Plus is known for a lot of cameos with Hema Malini being the last one. Now Eva Grover will be seen playing Sheetal, Vasundhara Rajvansh's (Seema Kapoor) friend who comes from LA as Ranbir and Ragini get ready to tie the knot. Eva's character has shades of grey as well. We caught up with Eva to find out about her cameo.

About the cameo…
The cameo is a very short one, which lasts only two episodes. I play Vasundhara Rajvansh's LA friend who has come to attend the Haldi ceremony. I create quite a nuisance as I don't think the match between Ragni and Ranbir is correct since Ragni is a dark girl. However, Vasundhara and I have a disagreement on this as she has already approved of her son's wedding. That is how my character goes.

How she got the role…
I have known Rajan for a while and we always wanted to work together, which for some reason just didn't happen. Finally things materialised and he offered this role to me. As it suits me well, I agreed to play it.

Why choose this role?
First of all, it is for a popular show and the character has quite a lot to it. Though it is for a short while, the role is weighty. The character does have negative shades but not completely negative. I am negative only to Ragni as she is dark and feel that one should not compromise. The story angle is to show that the dark girl is being discriminated against again. I have disagreements on this and my character is a hard-hitting one. The need for my character is to give that negative spice to the story…an extra tadka basically. Overall, I feel it is a good enough thing for me.

The kind of roles that she likes doing…
I have been doing comedy throughout but I don't mind taking up anything that is worthwhile. I have done negative roles as well and I want to keep experimenting with different roles. I want to play a psychopath and roles of that sort. Whether a substantial role or a cameo, I want to leave a mark.

The balancing act between personal and professional life…
My professional life is not busy when compared to the newcomers who work 30 days a month. I can work only for 25 days maximum and that is too much for me. My criterion is not to work beyond 15 to 20 days a month as I have my baby and other personal stuff to look into. I make things very clear in the beginning itself.

In her spare time…
I don't get into too many activities. I like being by myself. Or I spend time with my little one or hit the gym.

If not an actor, she would be…
An animal doctor because I love animals or an airhostess because I love travelling.

Small screen or the big screen…
I am comfortable with the small screen because it has given me quite a lot and I am thankful.

Daily soaps or reality shows…
Nothing specific…it really depends on my time.

On TV, she watches…
I hardly watch TV! I don't even watch half of my own work and even if I do watch TV, it would be different stuff like Travel & Living and History Channel. I prefer watching my all-time favourite movies on DVD. Otherwise, I am not a TV person at all.

In the pipeline…
Nothing at the moment…I am looking at a few projects and can't talk about them now.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_interview/eva_grover_cameo/january-13-2009/eva_grover_cameo_bidaai_sheetal_la_vasundhara_rajvansh_friend_negative_cameo.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Nice interview... However the show targets the way society proves to be hypocritic to the dark skinned girls and its still exists ... and yes Sheetal is not negative but grey and on a negative side.. Eva is an excellent actor and one more thing her personal views differ... though the tadka was needed in the show at this point of time i guess.... anyways looking forward to tonite's episode when Ranvir enters n Finally stands up for Ragini...

Also In Bidaai all the cameos be it for one episode or few months have always played an vital significant role... the best thing is all characters r grey some r bend towards black side some have white sides and thats how it gives an realistic touch!!

Thanks for the article, I wish Eva gets a comic role as she is really good in that!!Wow she is an animal lover too thats really good....Wishing Eva all the best for all her future projects!!

Luv,

Shagun
Edited by sweet_shagun - 15 years ago
Princess_2908 thumbnail

Thanks for the article!!😊

But is her role only for 2 episodes??????I thought she would be coming back once the marriage is over...To poison Vasuz mind!!
But,if that's not the case then I am very happy!!😃