Abhishek didn't suit the CC2C role Rohan Sippy

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Abhishek didn't suit the CC2C role: Rohan Sippy

Chandni Chowk is all set to release soon and is one of the biggest releases of the year simply because it stars blockbuster maker Akshay Kumar. The writers of the film couldn't cast anyone else in it.

The film is said to be a semi biographical on actor Akshay Kumar's life. Sridhar Raghavan who has written the script was so thrilled by Akshay's real life story that he worked on this project for two years. Sridhar Raghavan says "Akshay is always my first choice and his life story is perfect for a Bollywood film. So I thought why not make a masala movie based on a superstar's life? This is the first time we have done this in India. So I worked on the script for two years and when it was ready I went to Rohan Sippy and he instantly agreed to produce the film."

Rohan Sippy who has worked only with Abhishek Bachchan in the two movies (Bluffmaster and Kuch Naa Kaho) he has directed did not work with Abhishek on this film. He reasons, "Well as the film is almost based on Akshay's life we couldn't even think of any other actor. And for an action film, Akshay is always the first choice. And this film is a blend of comedy and action which only Akshay can do. And I don't think Abhishek will suit this role. So when our script writer was writing this script which is about Akshay only so it obvious that we cast him. And I guess he is one of the few talented actors in Bollywood who can do various kinds of roles at any given time."

Sippy is also all praise for how punctual the actor is unlike the other superstars in B-Town who are notorious for their lack of punctuality. "Akshay is very punctual also. If the shoot is happening at 4.00 AM he will be their by 3:55 AM. And when you are working you need a spirited group of people. Only then will your film come to life. And Akshay brightens up the atmosphere and the screen with his presence."

Chandni Chowk to China will have premieres in LA, Toronto, Dubai and Delhi and releases worldwide on 16 January,2009.

Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/January/News_20090106_38

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I'm actually glad Akki's in the movie b/c I love his comic timing and the promos look promising and I think the movie is going to great and funny, too!
Yeah, I'm glad Akki did it too. No one else could do justice!
..kashish.. thumbnail
dont think that abhi would suit the look in CC2C
thanks for the article!
Zoe28 thumbnail
well since the movie is meant to be a semi biography on akshays life it would have been pointless to cast anyone other than akshay. the movie looks funny and akshay and deepika make a great onscreen couple.
xChandnix thumbnail
I could not see Abhi in this role like mentioned above Akki has the bets comic timing and he's best suited for the role i think =)
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good decision by him....

Akki is Akki and Abhi is Abhi...

They both have different aura of acting adn don't suit in each otehrs role....

Abji can not do any fighting roles or action. He is suited for serious roles....