I am a crazy shopoholic: Aastha Chaudhary

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

I am a crazy shopoholic: Aastha Chaudhary
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jan 12, 2009, Bangalore

There is no doubt that money plays an important part in everyone's life. And celebs are known as much for the bundles they earn as anything else. Is it the same with TV stars? For our Tellywatch column on money, Aastha Chaudhary shared her thoughts on money and more.

How important is money to you?
Obviously money is very important to me though not everything. At least to fulfil certain basic needs, money plays a big role.

Is it love or money for you?
Definitely love!

How do you handle your expenses?
I do it all by myself. I just spend and keep a mental calculation on my expenditure.

How good are you at saving?
I am not really good; I shop like crazy so there is hardly anything that goes for saving.

Are you a spendthrift?
Sometimes!

Are you an impulsive buyer?
Yeah, I am one.

Your most recent purchase…
I shopped bags and footwear for 16,000 rupees in one single day.

What do you spend the most amount of money on?
On cosmetics and perfumes.

At what age did you start earning and what did you do with your first salary?
At the age of 22, I started earning. I bought lot of gifts for my parents, brother and kept a little for myself too.

How much money do you carry with you every day?
I don't carry a lot of money, at least not more than two-thousand rupees. I use cards more than cash. You have ATMs all over, then why carry a lot of cash?

What is your best purchase till date?
Nothing really that has been the best. Otherwise I would consider my car as a good buy.

Most expensive purchase till date?
I bought a LCD home theatre which cost me 80,000 rupees.

One tip as far as spending money is concerned…
Don't spend too much money but have a limit to what you buy. Make a list of important things that you have to buy and stick to buying only those. This year, I want to shop less and invest more in properties.

Keep checking back at this space as we bring you more thoughts from your favourite TV stars.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/aastha_chaudhary_money_column/january-12-2009/aastha_chaudhary_money_column.html