What they will not do in 2009 Purbi Joshi

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
What they will not do in 2009

As with every other new year, this year too, reams of newsprint are being used on describing how celebrities are planning to usher in 2009 and what they plan to do in the new year. We decided to take a completely different approach to this theme. We decided to ask people 'What they will not do in 2009, having learned from mistakes this year' While some telestars openly admitted to their mistakes and vowed not to repeat them, others avoided the question by saying 'It is difficult to answer'!

Here's a sneak preview into the actors' world and what they do not want to do in 2009.

Purbi Joshi

I think this year has really showed us how lethargic we have become as citizens of India. Be it obeying traffic rules at the very simplest of things or participating in elections, we have always tried to shirk our responsibility and pass the buck on to somebody. I have taken it on myself to educate people around me and ensure to the extent possible that they vote to select an able leader and carry out their responsibilities as a citizen. I think all of us should take this cause up and ensure that people around us get out of that lethargy. This is something we just cannot afford in 2009. We have already paid a heavy price during the Mumbai terror attacks because of this.

At a personal level, however, I had a nice year in 2008.

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 15 years ago