"I want Imran Khan as my partner!" - Article

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

For someone who started her television trek after a win in Boogie Woogie to playing the role of a sad, young wife in Balika Vadhu and the sheltered young girl in Sahara One's Jo Ishq Ki Marzi Woh Rab Ki Marzi, she's come a long way.

Playing Gehna in Balika Vadhu wasn't tough, she says. "The first brief that I was given was to watch Shekhar Kapoor's Bandit Queen, because the film also deals with the issue of sexual harassment. I was asked by the director not to become very friendly on the sets with the actor who is playing my husband. As I had to get into the mood of the character, I have to keep a distance from Surekha Sikri who is playing my mother-in- law!" Neha's also worked in a docu-drama directed by Harsh Chhaya where she played an 18-year-old drug addict who gets molested mentally.

As an actress she yearns to do a role which will allow her to display her dancing prowess. "Dancing is actually related to acting in many ways. I have learnt various dance forms like bharatnatyam, kathak, jazz and salsa." Neha attributes her success to her "supportive parents." Staying alone in Mumbai has its perks, but she also misses the joys of being home. "I miss my friends, the mouth-watering streetfood."

Neha might be single but knows what a perfect date could be like. "I'd like to have candlelit dinner (Thai or Italian cuisine) on a deserted island," she grins. And who'd be the partner? "Imran Khan, of course." Neha has no concrete plans for the future either: "I believe that things go really well if unplanned."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suchi_dev2006 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
interesting....she is doing a great job in BV