Mandira Bedi Pranks Parul

jiya25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Mandira Bedi turns fat, old Punjabi kudi
Chhaya Toshniwal
Monday, December 29, 2008  23:59 IST

DNA 
Mandira Bedi (right) visits the sets of a TV serial in disguise to promote her new show.

Mandira Bedi dressed up as a fat, old Punjabi kudi from Ludhiana and entered the sets of TV soap Bidaai recently. While she entered the sets as a contest winner who was entitled to meet her favourite character, Ragini (Parul Chauhan), in the serial, everybody on the sets was 'amused'.

Mandira says, "I went on the sets of Bidaai to promote my show Arre Deewano Mujhe Pehchano. I went there as a contest winner who was old and fat. For this, I stuffed cotton in my mouth, got body padding done, wore huge golden framed glasses, three gold chains, six gold bangles and had no make-up on. I looked one and a half size bigger than my usual self. To add to the look, I had dark circles. I know it didn't look like me at all."

The gag came as a breath of fresh air on the sets of the serial. Mandira says, "I went there to meet the lead actor Ragini and told her that she would be a perfect match for my son (whose photograph I was carrying). I also asked her if she was romantically involved with the lead actor of the serial, Ranbir, in real life. I showed her my son's photograph and told her that she would be a perfect bahu."

While Ragini kept 'giggling' when Mandira said all this, it seems that Mandira's 'eyes gave it away'. Mandira says, "I think word had got out that I was going to be there."

Article courtesy DNA
Edited by jiya25 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Osprisshow thumbnail
hehhe!!..good good!.i though she has been coming asa vamp!!!...anyz thnku!
dharaa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh thanx a lot jiya di...
chalo we have got one more in our gang who thinks KinRul are together in real life as well or at least can be together😆...

*~VASUNDHARA~*

sweet_shagun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Aww Parul was left giggling on the sets cool... But it wud be a fun moment... indeed cute!!

Luv,

Shagun
-phoenix- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks 4 the article Jiya.....Parul is wearing the same dress that she was wearing in the SBS vid for post-sagaai scene(main toh bhool chali babul ka des scene)
talkativetaurus thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
awww ... lol cute! i hope parul wud have answered as "YES" hehehe...
Sanju_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hehe!! i wish kinshuk and parul are real-life jodi!!
lipshaa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
That looks really funny....
ashkaa thumbnail
will they show it in tv?.Hope they telecast it .Want to see parul's reaction when mandira
asked her if she was seeing kinshuk?