Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 15 years ago

Mindless melodrama

Kshama Rao Posted: Dec 26, 2008 at 1524 hrs IST

Chhoti Bahu

7.30 pm, Zee TV
Chhoti Bahu, Zee's newest, er... weapon of mass destruction comes from the stable of Deeya and Tony Singh. Et Tu, Brutus? Since it comes in the 7.30 pm slot, where women, especially the lowest common denominator variety we are told by TV pundits, sit around their TV sets for their daily quota of entertainment, soaking in every little joy and sorrow (endless cups of it), of the dukhiyari serial ki heroine, Chhoti Bahu fits the bill.

It's about two sisters (can it be otherwise?), one who was found on the mandir ki seedi (Radhika) and the other (Vishakha), who's come straight from her mother's womb. While Radhika is the simple, obedient girl, Vishakha is a brat who dreams of becoming a film star. So Radhika mops the floor and Vishakha secretly auditions for films in the small town of Vrindavan. Yeah, and lest we forget their father is a respected priest (not the slimy, Kanhaiyalal kind). Then there is a daadi who curses Radhika at the slightest pretext.

Karamjali, janamjali and ganda khoon is how she describes her (appaling). Looks like she has been instructed to say those words every time she is short of dialogues!
Yes, there is a young man too who's just about discovered love in the form of Radhika but just might get married to Vishakha due to some identity confusion or some inexplicable plot twist.

For the rest, readers could muster courage and watch the show. At the press meet of the show, we were told that Radhika gets all the hand-me-downs from Vishakha, including the latter's mangalsutra'Hey Ram, is all we can say or should it be Hey Krishna, considering that everyone in the show keep talking about Kanha!!! Seriously, this show needs some divine intervention, though we won't be surprised if viewers lap it up like they most often do, when it comes to such mindless melodrama.
As for Deeya and Tony, leave these Chhoti Bahus to the big K. You can certainly do better.

Verdict:
Are you kidding?

Do you Guys think it is a MINDLESS Melodrama?

Edited by gursharan - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aamir's Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Not yet =)

I really like the show so far.
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well from the authors POV its tru. But then viewers love this kind of drama..so why tell the production house to make something different. I don't think its completely mindless or illogical like K serials. Tho Amma does get on my nerves with her un-prompted cursing at Radhika. I like the show.

BTW please post this article in teh articles thread too. It wouldn't be that hard to find.
Edited by jinc118 - 15 years ago
Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: jinc118

Well from the authors POV its tru. But then viewers love this kind of drama..so why tell the production house to make something different. I don't think its completely mindless or illogical like K serials. Tho Amma does get on my nerves with her un-prompted cursing at Radhika. I like the show.

BTW please post this article in teh articles thread too. It wouldn't be that hard to find.

ok, i will post it here as well.
yeaj i don't like ekta's serials, they are just so unrealistic. but yes, the grndma, is too  much. but u r right viewers want to see how these people live in such misery and still love life!😆
NATASHA_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

as off noww noo but maybe later on i think im gettinq tired of radhika stayinq quiet andd vishaka usinq herr andd lets see wut happens and if dev and radhika get married becuz in the title track yuh can see thattt wen radhika is goinq into dev's house vishaka does so maybee ther will be some twists cant wait 2 watchh

sawri thumbnail

nothng interesting in ths serial so far.............

lets c wht happens.... ths story is very vry unrealistic....like ekta's