I am an impulsive buyer of shoes: Ratna Sinha

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

I am an impulsive buyer of shoes: Ratna Sinha
by Vidhya Krishnan
Dec 22, 2008, Bangalore

There is no doubt that money plays an important part in everyone's life. And celebs are known as much for the bundles they earn as anything else. Is it the same with TV stars? For our Tellywatch column on money, producer Ratna Sinha shared her thoughts on money and more.

How important is money to you?
It is quite important but the most important thing for me is peace. More than its importance, it is about how you balance it and that applies not just to money but to everything. And only that way can one live peacefully.

How do you handle your expenses?
My company handles most of my expenses. I have very few personal expenses like travelling and some day-to-day stuff. I don't go for big buys.

How good are you at saving?
Not at all good! I love the idea of saving but somehow manage not to save anything.

Are you a spendthrift?
It depends – at times I get into buying a lot of things and sometimes don't. It all depends on my mood and I don't define it as a characteristic.

Are you an impulsive buyer?
Absolutely! Especially while buying shoes.

What do you spend the most amount of money on?
I spend a lot on my son and husband.

At what age did you start earning and what did you do with your first salary?
I started at the age of 22. I must have bought gifts for my family with my first salary.

How much money do you carry with you every day?
I use cards mostly and don't carry too much money.

What is your best purchase till date?
My home sweet home!

One tip as far as spending money is concerned…
Don't think too much about spending; just do it if you want to.

Keep checking back at this space as we bring you more thoughts from your favourite TV stars.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/ratna_sinha_producer/december-22-2008/ratna_sinha_producer_money_column.html