imclumsy04 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi my name is Debbie and I saw the first two episodes of Choti Bahu. This soap has many similarities to the movie Sujata with Nutan and Sunil Dutt. If any of you have seen that movie you'll know what I mean. I hope this soap turns out to be an interesting one! By the way, does anyone know who the main lead is?

Edited by -JC- - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hiral913 thumbnail
hey thanks, I haven't seen the movie. Can you give us the brief detail of the story?

Thanks in advance
Bananamilkshake thumbnail
the main lead is priyanka mishra
imclumsy04 thumbnail
Oh I'm sorry. I meant who's the male main lead.

The movie Sujata is about a small family in the rural areas. I don't remember the occupation of the dad, but he finds a girl (Sujata) left at his doorstep one night and takes her in. They suspect that her mom was a servant who gave birth and left her child because she couldn't support her, so they take her in and treat her like a daughter. Therefore, the rest of the village thinks of her as coming from the servant or "untouchable" cast. She grows up to be loved by both parents and her sister (who is the only child of the husband and wife) and does all the housework. Her adopted grandmother (dad's mom), though, comes to their house once and picks her up mistaking her for the couple's birth child. When she realizes that the girl is adopted, she drops the child and yells at the couple for keeping an untouchable in the house and that the girl will be bad luck for the family always. Both girls grow up and love each other like sisters, but the younger girl is into sports and badminton (i think...i don't remember) so she acts like a child. One day, a "rishta" comes for the younger girl and the guy comes to the family to see her. Sujata's mom tells her to make tea and give it to them. When she comes out, its love at first sight for the guy and his parents question if she's her daughter to which her dad replies she "like my daughter". She leaves and her younger sister comes in from her sports match and the guy sees her as a friend. After that, the guy comes to see Sujata and proclaim his love for her. Her adopted grandmother seeing the guy attached to Sujata tells her the truth that she's an untouchable and she isn't worthy enough to marry him. She becomes sad and tells him the truth and tells him to stay away from her. Despite all of this and his grandmother objecting too, he marries her in the end telling his family that he's in love with her and her caste doesn't matter to him.

Its one of my all time favorite movies. Even though its in black and white its extremely sweet and you should watch it if you can. It stars Sunil Dutt and Nutan. The acting is superb.

Hope that helps! Still waiting to see who the male lead is!
kristie12 thumbnail
I don't know his name but I have seen him in Khwahish and if I am not wrong, he was in Kis desh mein....(I don't watch that show but I think I have seen him in promos)
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
The leading pair is Rubina and Avinash. I think Priyanka is the main negetive character no?

Rubina (Radhika) , Priyanka Mishra ( Vishakha),  Avinash Sachdev (Dev) .
kristie12 thumbnail
^
vishakha's character is not negative. It is parallel lead...
she has some grey shades, though...