MY NAME IS KHAN

Producer: Hiro Johan and Karan Johar
Director: Karan Johar
Cast: Shahrukh Khan and Kajol Devgan
Music: Shankar Ehsaan Loy and Salim Sulaiman
Writer: Shoba de
Location(Shooting): Los Angeles, New York
Release date: End of 2009

Shooting is schedule to next week and the crew will be headed to Los Angeles.

It's like a dream come true, SRK-Kajol coming together after 5 or 6 years i believe? I will be posting all the related articles, so please join in make is a successful fanclub

πŸ˜›

Member List

xarmaanloverx

mimi0295(mimi)

jess.amit_3(Jessu)

veryuniquestyle

farislove

LUV_shabboo - Janki

Kiruti

aish_punk - ash

4952546147- uma

Janvilovesyou - janvi

ify101- ify

mz.jess- jess

visalover

ariska

Bones88

ify101

trros
Edited by Zareena - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
DDLJ duo back in biz

It's yesterday once more. The pair that created Bollywood history is back together. Yes, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, the jodi who urged the nation to "Come... fall in love" more than a decade ago in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, will be seen again in Karan Johar's next film My Name is Khan.

"Yes, Shah Rukh and Kajol will be doing Karan's film," Bunty Behl, whose company Carving Dreams handles Kajol's brand account, told t2. "It will be great to see the pair together again."

And so it will, going by the hysteria the pair had created first in Aditya Chopra's love epic followed by Karan's magnum opus Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. That's the last time Shah Rukh and Kajol were paired together, dancing around the pyramids in Egypt to Suraj hua maddham.

Kajol did make a special appearance in the Mahi ve song in Kal Ho Naa Ho and the Rock '' roll soniye number in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, both featuring Shah Rukh Khan, but that can hardly be considered as a comeback for the jodi.

Even when Kajol did make her much-awaited comeback last year it was opposite the other Khan, Aamir, for the Yash Raj Films production Fanaa. When Shah Rukh came on the inaugural Koffee With Karan show this season with Kajol and Rani Mukerji, he made it quite clear he hadn't even seen Fanaa.

Karan has always approached Kajol for each of his films but the actress, now the mother of Nysa, has always given him the slip. But now that she is back on celluloid, she has agreed to be part of Karan's next directorial venture.

When asked a couple of weeks ago, Karan had not revealed the casting coup simply saying that "no one other than Shah Rukh has been cast for that film".

He did mention that he plans to start shooting My Name is Khan some time next year after his assistant Tarun Mansukhani's multi-starrer (Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham, Priyanka Chopra) has hit the floors.

My Name is Khan is KJo's take on terrorism, about Muslims in a post 9/11 world and it won't be surprising if Kajol is seen as Shah Rukh's wife in the film, rather than his lady love running through mustard fields.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1070919/asp/entertainment/story_8335676.asp

Zareena thumbnail
Karan's Interview

What is this new project you're working on?

It's too early to talk about it, but it's tentatively titled My Name is Khan. It's basically a story of a couple and their journey. I wish I could say β€” "Directed by Karan Saxena". Sometimes my name hinders a film, because audiences come thinking there'll be a lovely shaadi song. That worries me. I'll have to strategise the promotion very cleverly β€” make it very clear that this is me β€” Karan. (laughs) Not Johar, Karan Trivedi maybe, or Saxena or Karan Thapar β€” anything, but certainly not Karan Johar.Why do you always cast Shah Rukh? In an interview with us, Shah Rukh had spoken of how his presence in a film can be like a runaway horse. He makes a film balloon out.

So are you open to working with other actors?

Totally. I'm totally open to doing that, but I just couldn't see this film without him. I'm sure there'll be a time when I'll work without him, but I don't think any experience will match what I've been through with him. He's almost like a habit you don't want to break. When he's on your set, with you, he makes things happen. When he is not on the set with me, I feel I do lesser work.

What is it he brings to your sets?

He makes what you visualise happen. Not just with his own participation, but with co-stars, the setting, the tone β€” everything. He cares about the larger picture in a way that I've seen no other actor do. He's addictive; he's addictive. I mean, I know when I don't work with him, there will not be a single day of my existence on that film that I won't think back. I don't want to go through that feeling β€” I'm scared to go through that feeling of regret that I don't have Shah Rukh with me on set. As an actor, I really think he's a superhero. I don't think there's anything he can't do. Yes, he has some scheduling issues, coordinating with him can be difficult, but I have access to the best secretary possible β€” his wife, she's my best friend β€” so I can meet Shah Rukh at 12 or 1 at night. He also has a great tendency of making you feel you're special. But there's no follow up. Gauri and I always tell him about this. Everyone ends up believing they're really close to him, but that may not be the case. What comes after that is hurt, and he reacts by getting hurt by their hurt. So it's kind of a strange emotional space. But I understand him totally. He has the best wife, the best kids, but in his heart, he's a loner. He can be hypersensitive. You could say absolutely nothing, and he could get upset. I don't even say "shut up" to him β€” I treat him like I'd treat my father. It's a real myth β€” we are not friends, he's like a father figure to me, or an elder brother. When he walks into the room, I stand up. He connected more with my father than me actually; I just came with the package. He always says he'll love my father more than he can ever love me and I kind of like that.

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main34.asp?filename=hub061007IWish.asp

Edited by Zareena - 15 years ago
Zareena thumbnail
SRK ditched Hirani and Shankar for pal KJo

Shah Rukh Khan decided not to be part of the two films he had verbally committed to so that he can do close pal, Karan Johar's My Name Is Khan.

The King Khan had claimed he is jobless for next eight months as he is neither doing the Rajkumar Hirani film nor the sci-fi thriller, Robot to be directed by Sivaji maker, Shankar. He cited creative differences for parting with Shankar and it was reported that Vidhu Vinod Chopra's accusations had made him leave the Hirani film.

Earlier there was a strong buzz that Karan Johar's My Name Is Khan would be starting in May end with a shooting stint in the US where the film is based. But our sources inform, "The film has actually been pushed forward with principle photography beginning in December end. Karan wants to capture the US winter as it is a part of the script. SRK's equation with close pal KJo is legendary and any given time his first preference for a film project would be Karan. This film also brings back Kajol opposite him after a gap of over 6 years so the King Khan's preference needs no more reasoning."

Another reliable source informs, "Karan has been making frequent trips to the US for determining the look of the film amongst other things. Presently discussions over Shah Rukh and Kajol's look in the film and the costumes are in the final stages with everything else almost finalized. Such a phase for a film nowadays generally comes when the film is just about to begin. Had it been a May end start it would have been too early to arrive at this stage."

The Om Shanti Om star has often been accused of playing it safe by preferring to work only with his close circle of filmmakers that includes the Chopras and Karan Johar. While he had often refuted these accusations this latest example proves otherwise. He had the perfect opportunity this time with very unlike Shah Rukh Khan roles in Rajkumar Hirani's film based on Chetan Bhagat's best selling novel, Five Point Someone and Shankar's Robot but he seems to have wasted it.

The Karan Johar film, My Name Is Khan is about how people with Muslim names are viewed with suspicion internationally after the terror attacks in the United States on September 11, 2001. SRK is extremely excited about this project and has been equating his personal experiences as a Muslim traveller abroad with the film's subject.

Abhijit Mhamunkar, Harshita Kohli, Hill Road Media
Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Zareena thumbnail
the Miracle Worker

Sanjay's decision to switch gear and make a character intensive film like Black after the mass hysteria that surrounded Devdas also moved me. Subconsciously, it gave me the courage to move beyond K3G and work on a small, two-character film like My Name is Khan. Black was criticised for drawing too heavily on The Miracle Worker but I think Sanjay drew out one of Rani Mukherjee's best performances in this film: her phone call to her mother towards the end of the film still gives me a catch in my throat.

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main36.asp?filename=hub241107sevenmen.asp
xarmaanloverx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
HeyπŸ˜³πŸ˜›
πŸ‘What a awesome FC😎
πŸ˜‰Ill totally be hereπŸ˜ƒ
😲Can't wait for this film😊
When legends meets the best πŸ˜‰..phir seπŸ˜†
πŸ˜†Counting down begins nowπŸ˜ƒ
-Zeba

srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
me joning this fc cant wait to se my fav couple srkads once again
Zareena thumbnail
Komal says Kajol and SRK are definitely in "My Name is Khan"

Komal says Kajol and SRK are definitely in "My Name is Khan" and he says that this will be Karan's best film and it's quite an emotional and Karan will be in top form and Karan will have all the muslims eating out of his hand as the plight of Muslims is very sensitively handled.He has finished the script now.

Zareena thumbnail
Simraj is back!

2 Nov 2007, 0000 hrs

SRK and Kajol's chemistry is not just sizzling, it's explosive.

'Simraj' is back. Yes! It's our name for Bollywood's most enduring screen jodi 'Simran' and 'Raj' who are still stealing hearts in the industry's longest running film ever β€” Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge .

But actually it's the great friendship, camaraderie and respect that Kajol and SRK share 'off screen' that's made them one of the all-time great pairings of Indian cinema. Be it Karan Johar's Kuch Kuch Hota Hai , Aditya Chopra's DDLJ , Abbas-Mustan's Baazigar or even a five-second 'walk-on' part by Kajol, grooving with SRK to the Aaja Mahive track in Kal Ho Naa Ho β€” it's always brought the house down.

Their chemistry is not just sizzling, it's explosive. And the fans just can't have enough. Kajol and King Khan will be sparking their oh-so-gifted chemistry in combustive fashion β€” not just once, but twice over. The first bit will be like a 'teaser' almost, with Kajol making a 'special appearance' in SRK's film. Of course, she will return to full-length screen-form opposite him after six years in Karan Johar's My Name Is Khan , set in post 9/11 USA.

So while K-Jo has always proudly claimed, "Kajol is my lucky mascot," it seems like the good friend is more than happy to share the abundance of good fortune this jodi brings.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Simraj_is_back/articleshow/2508892.cms

Zareena thumbnail
SRK and Kajol back in My Name Is Khan

By: Subhadeep Bhattacharjee
Thursday, October 18, 2007 RSS
Subscribe to Newsletter

Shahrukh Khan and Kajol share the best on screen chemistry among the contemporary Bollywood stars. They have given the industry some of its biggest hits Bazigar, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai in the last decade. In fact DDLJ is considered to be one of the biggest hits if all time in Bollywood. The pair will be come on screen together with in My Name Is Khan.

Their last screen appearance together was in the multi starer Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham back in 2001. Thus My Name Is Khan will be a comeback for the stars after seven long years. The movie will be directed by none other than their favorite Karan Johar who directed Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and also played a small role in DDLJ.

My Name Is Khan will show the plight of the Muslim community after the September 11 attack and its aftermath war on terror led by the US. It will also talk about the isolation and insecurity among the Indian Muslims. The shooting for the movie will start early next year The movie will be produced under the Dharma Productions banner. Since the pair has never failed on screen it holds the key elements to be a blockbuster.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/news/shahrukh-kajol-comeback-181007.htmlEdited by Zareena - 15 years ago