JKBH - Articles Archive - No Comments

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago
Jaane Kya Baat Hui
Articles Archive
No Comments

Please post all articles related to JKBH and their links to original threads in this post

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Jaane Kya Baat Hui inspired from Tabu starrer Astitva

November 28th, 2008

As the season 2 of Bigg Boss has come to an end a new show is coming up in its place on COLORS channel. This new show is titled, Jaane Kya Baat Hui and stars Shweta Tiwari, Sanjeet Bedi and Abhinav Shukla. But it is learnt that this new show is inspired from Mahesh Manjrekar directed Astitva (2000). Manjrekar's medium budget film starring Tabu, Sachin Khedekar and Mohnish Behl was critically well received and was a moderate success.

Our source informs, "COLORS's new show Jaane Kya Baat Hui's plot line goes like this - Shantanu (Abhinav Shukla) wants to make it big in music comes from London and stays with a couple (Shweta and Sanjeet). But gradually he falls in love with Shweta who gets confused whether she should stay with her husband or go with her new love. Similarities can be easily drawn upon with Manjrekar's film that had Tabu and Sachin Khedekar playing a couple and Mohnish Behl an aspiring singer coming into their household as a music teacher for her. She ends up having a physical relationship with him and getting torn between choosing him and her brash hubby."

While no one connected with this new show was willing to offer us a comment regarding this issue, the truth probably shall be out in the open once the show gets on air soon. 

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1083869#19285100

--Pinky-- thumbnail

As the season 2 of Bigg Boss has come to an end a new show is coming up in its place on Colors channel. This new show is titled, Jaane Kya Baat Hui and stars Shweta Tiwari, Sanjeet Bedi and Abhinav Shukla. But it is learnt that this new show is inspired from Mahesh Manjrekar directed Astitva (2000). Manjrekar's medium budget film starring Tabu, Sachin Khedekar and Mohnish Behl was critically well received and was a moderate success.

Our source informs, "Color's new show Jaane Kya Baat Hui's plot line goes like this - Shantanu (Abhinav Shukla) wants to make it big in music comes from London and stays with a couple (Shweta and Sanjeet). But gradually he falls in love with Shweta who gets confused whether she should stay with her husband or go with her new love. Similarities can be easily drawn upon with Manjrekar's film that had Tabu and Sachin Khedekar playing a couple and Mohnish Behl an aspiring singer coming into their household as a music teacher for her. She ends up having a physical relationship with him and getting torn between choosing him and her brash hubby." While no one connected with this new show was willing to offer us a comment regarding this issue, the truth probably shall be out in the open once the show gets on air soon.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1083869#19285100

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Abhinav Shukla to woo Shweta Tiwari in Jaane Kya Baat Hui..14
Abhinav Shukla of Jersey No. 10 fame will be seen in COLORS' upcoming serial Jaane Kya Baat Hui which will also star Shweta Tiwari and Sanjit Bedi...
Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:16:50 AM

'Cinevistas has always given me good roles' - Sanjit Bedi17
Sanjit Bedi, the Cinevistas loyalist talks about his serials Vivaah and the upcoming serial on COLORS, Jaane Kya Baat Hui...
Monday, August 25, 2008 3:17:24 PM

'I will be a savior for Aastha' - Abhinav Shukla16
Abhinav Shukla of Jersey No.10 fame will enter Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Naa...
Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:45:28 PM

Jaane Kya Baat Hui rescheduled..21
The new show of COLORS which was to replace Bigg Boss has now been rescheduled to December...
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:39:18 PM

Welcoming Iccha to television...29
COLORS' new show Uttaran, starting December 1st at the 10 PM slot will depict the saga of an underprivileged girl, Iccha who wishes to change her fate and live happily...
Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:43:50 PM

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1083874

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Popular TV actor Shweta Tiwari takes time out with family to Goa following the recent strike. Ann A catches up with her.

She has been a RJ, she has made her niche in the telly-world, she has done ads, and films too. That's Shweta Tiwari, who loves experimenting. Shweta Tiwari's kitty seems to be overflowing with work, and she seems to love it.  "Yes. I am doing a reality show Jalwa 4 2 Ka 1 on 9x and I am also acting in a new serial called Jaane Kya Baat Hui on Colors."

Talking about the character she plays in Jaane Kya Baat Hui she says, "It is about the struggle of a woman who is an ordinary housewife. The character I play here is not anything like Prerna (Kasautii Zindagii Kay). She takes care of the whole world and family of four kids. She does not know about the outside world of her husband. For her, it is all about her living happily in blind faith."

So is it any different from the usual saas bahu saga? "It is different from most of these serials which show 2-3 marriages etc. Here it is not so. It's a story of a woman, in a different way." For Shweta it is all about experimenting. "I didn't want to do a character same as Prerna. I want to experiment with something different," she says.

She says she loves reality shows and that if she comes across more good shows, she will readily participate in them. "I love dancing and almost everything except for singing." She adds, "It is very different from acting, in reality shows it is me, I don't have to portray someone else."

With Shweta going gaga over reality shows, the big question is whether acting will take a back seat. "Not at all. I still love acting. After Kasauti I wanted to take a break from acting for a while, however I did some cameos for a while."

What's interesting is that apart from having contested in a reality show, she even became a judge of one of the shows Aajaa Mahi Vay. "Being a judge was a different experience. When I was a contestant I used to always wonder how the judges think. I realised what it is like after I became a judge, you can't impress all the judges." Having contested as well as played a judge, she says, "I don't mind judging, but I would still prefer contesting because judging can get boring after a while, whereas if you are a contestant you get to try out different things." She adds that as a judge she learnt a lot, "I was learning myself. I realised what more you can put on stage. As I told the contestants where they could improve, even I learnt something. It was something new everyday."

Talking about her participation in Jalwa 4 2 Ka 1 where she is the captain of her team, she says, "Reality shows are fun, I want to have fun, I don't care if I win, and I don't care what the judges say. I am doing it for myself. I gel well with my team."

It won't be too long before we see Shweta on the big screen; she refused to divulge details though. "A couple of films have been lined up, but it's too early to talk about them, negotiations are going on." So would you be playing the lead? "Of course!" She adds that she doesn't want to comment about films right now as she doesn't know yet if she would be signing the film.

Shweta has just finished filming a Punjabi film Apni Boli Apna Desh where she plays the lead character Satkar. "It's a love story. You find many Punjabis in the US and UK, they are still Indian, dressed in salwar kameez etc. They love their country and want to come back to India. They are very much Indian," she gives a gist about the film.

Ask her if she is on talking terms with Raja and she takes a long pause before she answers, "It's a personal question." However she added, "I am not on talking terms with Raja."

Being a mother, handling a family, acting, judging...all of these can take away ample of time. Ask her how she balanced work and family and she laughs it away before saying, "I balance my work and my family balances me. I can't take time out. Whenever my daughter misses me she comes to me. Whenever I get two to three days off, we all go on an outing." With the television producer strike on for the past few days, Shweta took her family on an outing to Goa and Mahabaleshwar.

So what is it that Shweta has learnt over the years in the telly industry, "People here talk about the work pressure and say they want offs and that they can't work day and night. I would say, take work as long as it keeps coming. Every moment is important, work hard. You wanted it, so today when you have work, do it."

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1083878

--Pinky-- thumbnail

Jaane Kya Baat Hui on COLORS..

COLORS adds a new flavor to its shows with Shweta Tiwari and Sanjit Bedi's new show which portrays double standards of ...

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1083882

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Jaane Kya Baat Hui on Colors

Shweta Tiwari's show replaces hubby Raja Chaudhary's Bigg Boss 2
By Buzz18 . Dec 02, 2008
Comments [ 0 ]   E-mail
Photo by: Colors

Aradhana is dumbfounded by Shailendra's casual acceptance of his affair with Nikita. On the other hand, Akshay is trying to get his new venture funded by his brother, which infuriates Vrinda as she thinks that such a big decision has been taken without consulting her or her husband Bharat. Looking at the tense situation, Jawahar Sareen suggests that the brothers separate their businesses.

How will Aradhana react to Shailendra infidelity? Will the family stay united or will they divide the business owing to the difference amongst the members?

Jaane Kya Baat Hui is a sensitive portrayal of a woman's adultery in marriage that captures the power packed performance by Shweta Tiwari, Sanjit Bedi and Suhasini Mulay.

Edited by Shubh_Aastha - 15 years ago
ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wait in vain

Raja with Shweta Tiwari during happier times

Raja Chaudhary, the runner-up of Bigg Boss, has been snubbed by his wife, Shweta Tiwari (they are yet not officially divorced).

Raja had insisted that he wanted to meet his wife (Shweta) and daughter, Palak, when he stepped out of the house for the grand finale. However he was met with disappointment.

A source from the television industry said, "Raja would have been on cloud nine had Shweta and his daughter made it to the show. Shweta had confirmed her appearance but later backed out saying that she wouldn't be able to make it. Raja was very hurt when he learnt about this."

Raja said, "I had asked the channel to call Shweta and my daughter for the finale. But I am told that they were not in town. So it's okay."

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
'Extra marital affairs are about lust'

Shweta Tiwari is back on our television screens. This time as Aradhana of Jaane Kya Baat Hui. The actress says the inimitable and factual concept of the story was what motivated her to go for it. Jane Kya…is the story of Aradhana who is married to Shailendra played by Sanjeet Bedi. But their relationship takes a twist following the entry of a much younger man in Aradhana's life.

Speaking about her character, Shweta says, "Aradhana Sareen is a house wife who is totally engrossed in her family. But her husband doesn't have time for her. Jane Kya basically gives a lesson to all the females that every woman should have her own identity."
Shweta says she took up this role only because the concept is 'bold'. She believes that 90% of the women will relate to her character Aradhana. "It does not tell the girls to go out and have affair. It just tries to explain the double standard of the society even today…if a boy hangs out with some of his female colleagues that is fair enough for our society but if the same thing is done by a girl, people say ki wo ladki itne ladko ke saath thi… that is what we want to show," says Shweta.

So what is an ideal relationship according to her?

"One of the most important ingredients of an ideal relationship is respect. Any relationship can be ideal…daughter and a mother, brother and sister, husband and wife…. If you have respect for each other then rest of the things like understanding, love everything follows."

The serial deals with the concept of extra marital affairs. Is that something Shweta is comfortable with?

"When a person gets emotionally weak from one side, he/she looks for a support. Extra marital affairs happen when one can't differentiate between admiration and love… between lust and love…that's the time when people start mingling two different things," says the actress.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/December/News_20081203_16

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Shweta Tiwari on the existing 'Hypocrisy' in Society...

The gorgeous Prerna will now be seen as Aradhana in the new show of COLORS. We chit- chat with her on her role and ...