Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Bangalore  

Achint Kaur is back…but this time with a difference. We have seen her in different roles but always leaning towards the negative ones. In Zee's 'Ranbir Rano', however, Achint will be seen essaying a typical Punjaban. We caught up with her to get her thoughts on the role.

"I play a Punjaban who is very superstitious and God-fearing," said Achint. "I play Ranbir's older sister and Ranbir is closer to me than he is to the other siblings. I am the eldest among them. I look after the family and my decision is final. Since I have been through difficult times, I make sure that everything is well with everybody in the family. To protect the family, I try to impose my principles on them and see to it that everybody listens to me. I believe it is for the good of everybody. I am a very strict woman and I have my own reasons to be against love, which will be revealed in the future."

She clarified that her character was not a completely negative one. "I am always perceived as negative by the audience because I have played mostly negative roles," Achint said. "The look and perception of this character appears to be negative but this character is not hardcore negative. I make sure I do things for the good of the family. It is beyond my control if the character is perceived as negative because in a daily scenario getting the nuances on television becomes really difficult. But the whole stress is fitting well into the character and getting it right makes a difference at the end of the day. And that is what really matters to me."

She elaborated on her new look. "I have been given a Punjabi look for the role and I have to carry it accordingly," she said. "It's an in-between Punjaban which is shown in a way that appears that I am rich, with a BMW, platinum cards but yet is not very classy in her approach. And that is because the character is not born with a golden spoon; it is clear that though I live a classy life, it is an acquired one. And the not-so-classy part is shown by the way I speak…language plays an important part. I am working on getting all that right, including the pronunciation bit and a few more subtle aspects which really matters a lot in portraying the character well."

It is indeed a new avatar for Achint and we wish her the best in her foray. Keep reading Tellywatch for the latest updates from TV-dom!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shabs_89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
hey!!!

even though we already knew bout Achint Kaur coming in RR, thank you for giving us a different article to read on her return!!!

=)