Kiran Dubey on fashion and style : Article

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Kiran Dubey on fashion and style
by Vidhya Krishnan
Nov 27, 2008, Bangalore

Did you say you wanted fashion and style truths from your favourite TV stars? Well, Tellywatch aims to please, so here's Kiran Dubey with her views on fashion and a few style titbits thrown in for good measure.

Fashion to me is…a mix and match of everything. It is something that reveals one's personality and is a way of self-expression. But it is important to feel comfortable and be aware of what you wear depending on various factors, including weather conditions. It is better to go with what suits you than blindly following trends.

Brands that I dig...I do like branded stuff like Q10, Bitchy, Shiseido, Rohit Bal, Roberto Cavalli, Playwright; but I am also the kind where I would pick stuff from gallis and most of my beautiful designs are picked from gallis starting from the hundred buck range.

At home, you would find me lounging in...I am mostly dressed shabbily because I spend most of my time cleaning at home. I am generally in cotton wear or long flowing clothes.

My gym wear is...something that is comfortable. I go for cotton wear; maybe tracks, T-shirts or spaghettis.

Formal look to me is... looking completely Indian; I mostly go for Salwar kumeez and occasionally prefer sarees. A formal look is more of being Indian for me but I do rarely like to wear fitting gowns.

Casual look for me is…long flowing clothes; I am not so much into jeans.

My party ensemble is…it depends on the kind of party. I mostly prefer designer wear for parties.

My classic style statement is…it is more important to 'feel good' than 'look good'.

The ultimate style icon to me is…I feel sorry to say that most of our Indian actresses don't have a good sense of dressing. But Bipasha Basu is an exception and I like her dress sense because she tries different clothes. I also like Jennifer Lopez and the way she carries herself.

A must-have in my purse is…perfume, mobile phone, lip gloss.

My party look for the season is…since it is winter, I make sure to go as bright as possible and go for bright colours that suit me the most. It is important to carry it off well because bright colours need to be carried with a lot of class.

The perfume, which is my signature statement…'Romance'

The colours of this season…I am in the mood for bright colours; so it is colours like red, pink, peach and orange...

I'm a fashion junkie when it comes to…whatever it may be, I don't like overdoing anything. It is important to understand that 'less is more' and you can never go wrong that way.

My favourite designer is…Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Roberto Cavalli.

My most expensive dress is…I am yet to buy one…but until now my most expensive dress cost me Rs 50000 – it is a saree.

My most embarrassing fashion faux pas is…it is too embarrassing to talk about.

My fashion statement for the season is…hardcore and classy.

Remember to keep checking back our site to find out what the TV stars are talking about.