BREAKING NEWS - Michael Jackson converts to Islam

Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

Michael Jackson converts to Islam

TO ALLAH WITH LOVE: The popular singer will now swear by Islam, the new religion he has adopted

London: Pop singer Michael Jackson has converted to Islam and changed his name to Mikaeel.

The 50-year-old star, pledged his allegiance to the Koran in a ceremony at a friend's mansion in Los Angeles, the Sun reported.

Jackson sat on the floor wearing a tiny hat after an Imam was summoned to officiate -- days before the singer is due to appear at London's High Court where he is being sued by an Arab Sheikh, the paper said.

The star decided to adopt the new religion while he was recording a song at the home of his friend where a Jehovah's witness was brought up to help him through the ceremony.

Apparently the star of hits like The Way You Make Me Feel-was convinced by his producer and songwriter friends David Wharnsby and Phillip Bubal.

"They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.

"An Imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief," the source revealed.

Mikaeel is the name of one of Allah's angels.

"Jacko rejected an alternative name, Mustafa meaning "the chosen one", the source added.

The singer, who rarely ventures out without a mask, is due to give evidence on Monday in a 4.7 million pound lawsuit brought by Prince Abdulla Al-Khalif of Bahrain for defaulting on an exclusive recording contract.

ibnlive.com

Edited by Dua143 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daddysgirl786 thumbnail
pretty sure that's not true....wouldn't it have been in the news if he had?
Tasha.Natasha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i hope hes not chatting it..x
coz if he is hes gna be a racist/..x
thnx Freeha..x
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9

His brother became Muslim since long time, may ALLAH brings all people in light INSHALLAH!.........

smah thumbnail
many people think that celebrities in US embrace Islam but what most of them follow is nation of islam which is not even close to Islam as it practices all the religion and they worship Farah Khan instead of Allah same is the case with boxing champ Mohammad Ali he follows Nation of Islam not Islam
*Fiza* thumbnail
i don't think the news is false.. his brother jeremaine said in his interview during BB time that his brother is keen to know about islam.. he said on tv that his brother will be converted tinto muslim...
But recently i have also heard that he is undergoing a major operation... his life is hanging .. i hope he gets well...
msb19 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
yeah i heard this that Michael Jackson converts to Islam and i also heard that he wasn't well...well i hope he gets well soon.😊
Mashallah ...give him a long healthy and life..
Edited by msb988 - 15 years ago
arabian_love thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
its a very good news 😊 thanks for the article dear dua 😳
chang1326 thumbnail
i think u have to be awarded as the Best citizen generalist😆 as u are the first person who gave this info....and no other people instead of u know this thing.....Now michael jackson will lengthen his beard and will have a white cap on his head in his videos.....
Dua143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: chang1326

i think u have to be awarded as the Best citizen generalist😆 as u are the first person who gave this info....and no other people instead of u know this thing.....Now michael jackson will lengthen his beard and will have a white cap on his head in his videos.....

😊