Similarities between Sita and Draupadi

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Both Sita Mata and Draupadi Ma are two of the greatest women in our history. Here are some similarities they shared.

*Both Devi Sita and Draupadi had swayamvaras in which the skills and valours of many kings were tested.

*Neither of them were born in the "normal" way. Sita was found in the Earth while Draupadi came from King Drupad's yagna fire.

*Both followed their husbands into exile which lasted around the same time (Ramayana-14 years; Mahabharata-13 years)

*Sita was kidnapped by Ravan; Draupadi was kidnapped by Jayadratha (although her kidnapping lasted not even a day.)

*Both became reasons for the fall of great dynasties (Sita---Pulastya-Vansh; Draupadi---Kuru-Vansh).

*Both suffered a lot in their lifetime. Their sufferings never ended.

*Both were incarnations of Goddess Lakshmi.

*Both were married at the age of 14.

That's all I can think of for now. If any of you can think of more similarities, please do write them down!😊 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Yes, both were great women.
But I personally do not try to compare anybody with Sita. I have special reverence for her. The more I read about her, the more I become in awe of her, and the more I think that I have still not understood her really well.
She is the very epitome of ethics.

coolpurvi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Both of them suffered a lot in their life n were misunderstood by the people of their era
moon.beam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: godisone

*Both became reasons for the fall of great dynasties (Sita---Pulastya-Vansh; Draupadi---Kuru-Vansh).

*Both were incarnations of Goddess Lakshmi.

That's all I can think of for now. If any of you can think of more similarities, please do write them down!😊 

I dont agree to these 2 points.............kuru vansh was continued by Pandavs......Only Sita is incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi.........In dvapar yug, incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi was Rugmini  😊

But we can also say that All woman are Lakshmi......in tht sense this becomes true............

One more similarity........The "mocking laugh"  of the 2 woman had led to a great war - Sita at shurpanaka and Draupadi at Duryodhan 😊
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
really??? are you sure that draupadi was the incarnation of godess lakshmi?
fiasco thumbnail
i have a lot fo respct for goddess sita and i respect her a lot she was very pure
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunshine_p

I dont agree to these 2 points.............kuru vansh was continued by Pandavs......Only Sita is incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi.........In dvapar yug, incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi was Rugmini  😊

But we can also say that All woman are Lakshmi......in tht sense this becomes true............

One more similarity........The "mocking laugh"  of the 2 woman had led to a great war - Sita at shurpanaka and Draupadi at Duryodhan 😊

True, Kuru-Vansh was continued by Parikshith. I meant Draupadi was the cause of the fall of other dynasties who fought in the war.

Goddess Lakshmi manifested herself many times in the Dwapar-Yug, not once.Shri Krishna's first 8 wives were incarnations of Lakshmi Devi, not only Rukmini, and Radha (Shri Krishna's childhood sweetheart) was also an incarnation. Draupadi too was an incarnation, because the five Pandavas were amsas (atoms) of Lord Vishnu.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: fiasco

i have a lot fo respct for goddess sita and i respect her a lot she was very pure

Goddess Sita was very pure, one of the Pancha Maha Satis, but Draupadi Devi was just as pure (one of the Pancha Maha Kanyas), as Shri Krishna himself applauded her chastity and utmost devotion to her husbands. Draupadi was also blessed by Lord Shiva.
One who is not pure can never get the blessings of Lord Krishna, so Shri Krishna gave proof to us of Draupadi's purity by giving her an endless amound of sari in her vastra-haran.  
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: rongna

really??? are you sure that draupadi was the incarnation of godess lakshmi?

Yes, it says in the Original Mahabharat book that Draupadi was an incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi, and the Pandavas amsas of Lord Vishnu. Shri Krishna was the actual incarnation, but the Pandavas were amsas, who took birth on the Earth to set an example to others on how to follow Dharma and surrender to the Supreme Lord.

That's another reason that Duryodhana's end was imminent the minute he desired Draupadi's vastra-haran; he insulted the image of Mata Lakshmi herself.

For other sources, you can check the Devi Bhagavatham and Bhagavata-Purana, because in those books, they discuss all the incarnations of Mata Lakshmi, and along with Sita Devi, Rukmini, Shri Krishna's other seven wifes, Radha, other incarnations, Draupadi is also listed there.

One who is an incarnation of Mata Lakshmi can never be impure, so that's proof in itself that Draupadi was a pure chaste woman.

coolpurvi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Druapadi was part incarnation n not complete incarnation of Maha Laxmi. Also as per belief we all r part of Supreme Being so every girl is cosidered as Laxmi