Ratna Sinha - 'I believe in good quality,not TRPs'

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

I believe in qualtity, not TRP's: Ratna Shah

Ratna Sinha on life as a TV producer and shows by her production house.
Ratna Sinha believes in quality and not TRP's. Her 'Babul Ka Aangan' is one of the top shows on Sony. A new show by her production house, Chota Ganapati is slated to go on the floors soon. She starts off the conversation with a promise, "Watch out, because my production house is going to be bringing in a whole bouquet of great stuff!"

Q: Let's talk about your new show.

It is too early to talk about the new show. And I would not want to reveal anything at the moment. It's a little too premature to talk about it.

Q: In this day and age, what makes a show stand out?

I feel it is the connection the characters establish with the viewers and how the story is told. There are no new concepts. People keep asking, "So what's new?". But the way we tell the story is what makes a show stand out. The story-telling is what pulls the audience into our fold.

Q: Do you agree that 'Babul Ka Aangan' is the only fiction show on Sony that is bringing in the right numbers?

It is the conviction of the team (from the organization and the channel) which has made 'Babul Ka Aangan' stand out. We have introduced a new track (although it's a story heard and seen before which I think will have an immediate connect with the audience) which should really work well for the show.

Q: Why aren't you in the reality genre? If you were to get in, what would be the segment?

I would love to, but I would want to make something like 'Bigg Boss'; a reality show that is close to real life. Singing and dancing is pass.