Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bheegi thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: Naughty_n_nice

Guys, the 3 quote rule is to make sure your readers are not lost searching for actual chapters within a huge net of quotes like "Can't wait for chapter 3!" and replies like "Thanks!" in separate posts.

The rule remains, however it will be a matter of judgement. If the reviews are long and the replies are long, they can be quoted separately. However, one line quote replies will be counted as breaking the rule...

Cheers,
Sam

Thanks sam,....that would help😊
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Ya hinnu, they can. But it will be a judgement call by the development team. Shaina, henceforth, this will apply.
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
What will apply??

All the writers I know give very long reply!!!!And they have received warnings!!!!None of them give a thank you reply!!!!!

They have to reply to every line of the comments they receive!!!!

You see you don't take care of the readers you can kiss them good bye!!!!!

MochaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naughty_n_nice

Ya hinnu, they can. But it will be a judgement call by the development team. Shaina, henceforth, this will apply.

thanks sam😳
Dark Love thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaina_b

What will apply??

All the writers I know give very long reply!!!!And they have received warnings!!!!None of them give a thank you reply!!!!!

They have to reply to every line of the comments they receive!!!!

You see you don't take care of the readers you can kiss them good bye!!!!!

Hey hey hey!

Calm down there! 😕

Can you please pay attention to what Sam's saying instead of arguing over and over??

We'll give it a judgement call. We made that modification because of you guys.

It didn't exist before, thus the warnings.

We try to satisfy both writers and readers and at the same we are trying to keep the section, organized neatly and easy to go through. It's disappointing to see that no matter how hard we try to satisfy everyone, there's always something wrong with our approach apparently.

Also, thank you replies AREN'T the focus here! Even if you give a 3-4 sentence reply, there's no need to post it in a separate reply. Those replies can easily be pasted into a single reply.

Most people were abusing quoting privileges (to increase posts) thus the new rule (added at least 2 years ago).

I would also like to point out that, though it might've been allowed in the past, for even I did it then, quoting huge chapters will not be allowed anymore!

If you want to give an analytical reply, go ahead, right your essay, but 1) Don't go off topic and chat and 2) That should not require the quoting of every single sentence in the chapter.

Any more issues, feel free to PM either one of us.
Shaina_b thumbnail
Its not about calming down!!!

And I was not arguing about quoting chapters!!!I was arguing about necessary to quote comments while giving replies by the author!!!!

Because its a line by line affair most of the time!!!!

Dark Love thumbnail
So you're telling me, that if I drop a comment at an FF, the writer has to reply to every single line of that comment?

Or, that when a reader comments, they have to comment on every single line of the chapter?

That is definitely not compulsory and I haven't seen it in a majority of FF's.
Shaina_b thumbnail
I don't know but definately for proper replies comments have to be quoted or the reader won't bother to comment properly!!!!

And good bye to your readers!!!!

And frankly I think it is very good if a reader gives long comments and thus the writer give long replies!!!!!

It makes the writer happy and shows the readers loves the fic!!!!!

Or has a rule been made that no big comments and no big reply!!!

Agar itni hi problem hai toh do away with the FF section!!!!

It will solve all problem!!!!!

We won't do chatting in fics or anything but comment karna allowed nahi hai reply dena allowed nahi hai then might as well be fic likhna hi allowed nahi hai!!!

MochaQueen thumbnail
I also think that the writer shud be able to reply freely to the readers and quote how much they wanna:S if ur gonna use such strict rules, ppl wont wanna b a part of this forum nemore!!!
Shaina_b thumbnail

Originally posted by: **~SoniHinnU~**

I also think that the writer shud be able to reply freely to the readers and quote how much they wanna:S if ur gonna use such strict rules, ppl wont wanna b a part of this forum nemore!!!

I absolutely agree with you Soni!!!!

But yes I would like to add that I definately agree that Fic threads should not be used for chatting and other discussions!!!!The PM system and the chat clubs are there for that!!!!