Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Exclusive: Director Sanjay Gadhvi defends Kidnap

Posted: 15 years ago
Exclusive: Director Sanjay Gadhvi defends Kidnap
Sonia Chopra  | Thursday, 09 October , 2008, 11:10

Sanjay Gadhvi is planning on taking a break abroad to get over the "negativity" abounding Kidnap's release. "The reviews have been harsh," says the super hit director of Dhoom and Dhoom: 2. Read on as he counters each argument, point-for-point for Sify.com. Why do you say that the feedback towards Kidnap has been harsh? I know everyone's just doing their job, but a critic from the electronic media even refused to give the film a rating! I can sense real rage. I can feel people demanding to know, how I could give them Kidnap after Dhoom. But hello, how can you hold my past work against me? Please take the Dhoom stamp off me! The film's thrills were felt to be predictable. Perhaps I managed to get more people into the world of a Kabir in Dhoom who robs on a bike, with a cop who can't catch him, and another funny guy on a yellow bike. You can say that you didn't get the film, or that Sanjay Gadhvi failed to get you into the world of Kidnap, but you can't say it's predictable. Also see: Sonia Chopra's review of Kidnap | Stills from the movie | Minissha at sea Why not? Because no way in the world can anyone predict that the heroine, after a seductive song, will stab the hero. Most, during that song, assumed it was going the typical filmi way! The attempted rape is surprising; that the characters go to the wrong house is unexpected; Sanjay Dutt refusing to bow down to the kidnapper is unpredictable! Wasn't Imran getting provoked by Dutt's trap of ignoring his calls too convenient? Where did I say that Kabir was Aryan from Dhoom:2 with state-of-art gadgets? Raina being a veteran businessman, understands that the kidnap is the 'josh' of a kid, who is completely out of his league. The police station scene where Dutt dons a cop uniform one moment and a fireman costume in another was outrageous. (Pauses)That's the only part where there was an influence. When you're giving up alcohol, you need months of abstaining for the alcohol to come out of your system. I am a human being and there is still some Dhoom flowing in my veins! Minissha Lamba's glam clothes while being kidnapped were talked about. You have to watch my film carefully. When she's looking around the kidnap den, there's an open cupboard with clothes that have a tag on it. The only outfit I am willing to take slack about is the black one in the end. But this is a Hindi film. She's going to point a gun at her kidnapper at that time, so I like her to look powerful. That the girl doesn't realise she's been held hostage in her own home was a point argued. I was shocked when I read that. Because the film explains that she was living in that home eight years ago. Many children whose parents divorce are in denial and often erase past memories. The film has been pulled up for way too much cleavage-show. The character of the mother (Vidya Malavade), despite the divorce, still loves her husband. So when she goes to tell Dutt that he must save their daughter, like most women, she'd be particular about her appearance. See, a much younger actress agreed to do the role of a mother.

I know what she's thinking – that there's a younger girl in the film; I should be dancing around trees with Akshay Kumar. So you let some things happen…give the character a vivacious look. Besides, why does every mother have to look like Nirupa Roy?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
cool stuff.. very well answered
candy_floss88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
very well answered!!! i thought the movie was really good ... i did think theyll end up together .. lol it wasnt predictable
apux thumbnail
Yeah, some parts were predicatable but some weren't....I totally didn't expect the attempted rape scene but I did expect Sonia stabbing Kabir....When I saw the song preview, I noticed she kept one hand in the back, so right then and there I knew she was obviously gonna try something....but but I did think that Kabir was going to stop her, which he didn't....

I think the director did a good job justifying his points....
ISano thumbnail
even i was shocked.. to see the .. scene.. i remember the scen shown.. where she runs.. between the three.. and i knew she wil be caught..
but that scene.. omg i was shcoekd when i saw it 1st time omg..
durign the song.. i didnt .. had any predictes.. i just thiught they ahd falle for each other..

hehehehe

This content was originally posted by: apux

Yeah, some parts were predicatable but some weren't....I totally didn't expect the attempted rape scene but I did expect Sonia stabbing Kabir....When I saw the song preview, I noticed she kept one hand in the back, so right then and there I knew she was obviously gonna try something....but but I did think that Kabir was going to stop her, which he didn't....

I think the director did a good job justifying his points....

This content was originally posted by: Nausheenfan

even i was shocked.. to see the .. scene.. i remember the scen shown.. where she runs.. between the three.. and i knew she wil be caught..
but that scene.. omg i was shcoekd when i saw it 1st time omg..
durign the song.. i didnt .. had any predictes.. i just thiught they ahd falle for each other..

hehehehe

lolz i didnt even thhink it was real i though its kabir's dream sequence😆
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Any how i liked Kidnap i dam care about media  
ISano thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ROCKkSTAR

lolz i didnt even thhink it was real i though its kabir's dream sequence😆

lol.. well ho sakta tha... but .. the song.. was cool picturesed.. i just though yeh .. saach hai u know not a dream.. just.. fallen for each other lol
ISano thumbnail

i to damn care about the media..
btw i just saw on TV it still sayign SMASH HIT in UK..

This content was originally posted by: syedaliayaz

Any how i liked Kidnap i dam care about media