Kiran Karmarkar on the end of Kahaani - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Kiran Karmarkar on the end of Kahaani...

Kiran Karmarkar, who is popularly known as Om of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii admits that, it is very saddening that Kahaani is going of the air, but he wants to it end at happy note. Karan, spoke to us about his experiences and feeling of seeing one of TV's most popular shows coming to an end.
"I am going to miss Kahaani a lot; it was like a habit for me. Even though I had taken a break in between, I used to come on the sets even then. But now whenever we will come here this set won't be here... There will be another set and different people may be working in that set. And so we will not feel that we are in our own home. This was like home for us.I will miss daadi and our director Garry terribly. At this moment we are feeling empty and someone is leaving us," says an emotional Kiran.
"It was a good experience for me. In thesee 8 years there were different directors, different actors and different characters and with all these people we celebrated all our festivals. But this will not happen any more now."

"People will say that you used to play Om and he was very good so they will consider my character as something of the past. I still remember people used to come to me and complain that our families won't sit for dinner without watching this show," adds the actor.

Speaking about the actual end of the show, Kiran says nothing is clear at the moment but it is believed that all the characters will come together for one last time.

"I do not know what is going to happen in the end but so far what I know is that in the last episode every character is going meet each other and different incidents are going take place between them. It is going to be a special episode and as when some one will come we will come to know that what is going to happen in the show. But I know that I want a happy ending for the show," says Karmarkar.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081009_42

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Thursday, October 09, 2008