Boys on ZND were worse than kidsSaroj Khan-Artcl

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
The boys on ZND were worse than kids, says Saroj Khan

By the last round, it was obvious that the boys were going to lose. They could have saved their dignity, if nothing else, by giving it their best shot. Instead, they made a mockery of it. This left everybody on the show, including the female contestants and the judges, seething.

In fact, Saroj Khan actually told them to get off the stage right away. "If you can't accept defeat, why the hell are you in a competition? Shame on you, you are worse than kids," she said.

Malaika Arora added to this, saying she had never seen this kind of behavior, either in a movie or on a reality show. "Your attitude is pathetic, guys. If you think this will help you win the finale, then trust me, you can't win anything in life," she said.

Funny man Chunky Pandey went so far as to say he was ashamed of being a guy. "After seeing such an awful show on the part of the guys, I would prefer to change my sex," he said.

Even after this tirade from the judges was done, the boys didn't react. They simply walked off.

cheers
resh

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
I repeat....what a pathetic batch of judges👎🏼

What does Malaika mean by 'do you think this will help you win the competition??'....Does she think that wearing tiny clothes and gyrating around on stage will convince ppl that she can 'dance'???....It is so OBVIOUS that they boys weren't doing this to 'win' the competition....it was a statement agains the glaringly bad judgement!....The more I read these kind of articles, the more I feel sympathetic towards the boys's point of view despite the fact that the walkout was in bad taste.
pyaridilwalino1 thumbnail
I wouldn't compare such immaturish behavior to that of kids!     the guys behave immaturely and did not even give a second thought to Amey, Chaitu, the girls or even their own hardwork!    I agree with Saroj Khan on one aspect---really if the guys could NOT accept defeat then why enter a competition???!     Saroj Khan was the better of the three judges for sure...she is blunt and straightforward and knows her choreography much better than the recent ones we see!     Thanks for the article. Shweta
AnuPurva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

I repeat....what a pathetic batch of judges👎🏼

What does Malaika mean by 'do you think this will help you win the competition??'....Does she think that wearing tiny clothes and gyrating around on stage will convince ppl that she can 'dance'???....It is so OBVIOUS that they boys weren't doing this to 'win' the competition....it was a statement agains the glaringly bad judgement!....The more I read these kind of articles, the more I feel sympathetic towards the boys's point of view despite the fact that the walkout was in bad taste.

You are very true... Judges were not good to judge the show.. They did not do their job well..
I felt like I wasted my time.. Poor boys... They did the desent way of protesting themselves. They could done worse than that...
MimiLulu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
No matter what, you can't justify the boys behavior. It was totally uncalled for.   Fair judging, unfair judging.   Lets talk about the Grand Finale

The boys and girls only had ONE point difference when they started the show. So let's say both of the teams were starting all over again.   END of first round, the boys were 361 points behind.   Why? Because of their own stupidity. Why bet so many points?? Yes you were confident in your dancer but so were the girls, no? Why bet SO many points? Fault is the boys.   Second round, again what was the need to bet 161 points? The girls were confident in their dance too....they sent two of their best dancers yet they only bet 50 points....what was the need to bet 161 points???   Third round, again, why bet 300 points? what if they lost? Which I think they should have cause Mouni and Jenny were better then Gaurav and Amit. But oh well, lets not go there.    

The way boys played the game is what made them lose the competiton. Nothing else. How the boys reacted made them lose everyone's respect.
AnuPurva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Posh23ash

No matter what, you can't justify the boys behavior. It was totally uncalled for.   Fair judging, unfair judging.   Lets talk about the Grand Finale

The boys and girls only had ONE point difference when they started the show. So let's say both of the teams were starting all over again.   END of first round, the boys were 361 points behind.   Why? Because of their own stupidity. Why bet so many points?? Yes you were confident in your dancer but so were the girls, no? Why bet SO many points? Fault is the boys.   Second round, again what was the need to bet 161 points? The girls were confident in their dance too....they sent two of their best dancers yet they only bet 50 points....what was the need to bet 161 points???   Third round, again, why bet 300 points? what if they lost? Which I think they should have cause Mouni and Jenny were better then Gaurav and Amit. But oh well, lets not go there.    

The way boys played the game is what made them lose the competiton. Nothing else. How the boys reacted made them lose everyone's respect.

I dont agree with you...
In the Tashan round it was clear that Bakhtiyar dance much better than Karishma..
But because of poor judgement they lost 300 points which made them to bet with higher points
which was stupidity... Because of poor judgement they had bad face in the game at the end. They have to walk out because they were knowing that no matter how better they will dance, they are not going to get the justice...winning of girls is fair. they deserves that but getting bad treatment to the boys by judges and then the harsh word is very bad.. rediculus judges...and their judgement
pyaridilwalino1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Posh23ash

Yes I agree the boys team strategy displayed a overconfidence they held. The only thing that points to their strategy in my view, is that they highly underestimated the girls. Betting 300 points in the very first round exemplified the overconfidence and determination to lead the girls in such a way that they probably won't be able to catch up because our best dancer is performing. I think someone on this forum said that the boys should have been compensated for the unfair judging in the first round (I agree the judgment in Tashan round was unfair--Bakhtiyaar as a performer and his choreography very well deserved to win that one!)--now a comment like that is what is unfair! anyway I disagree that the humtum round was unfair--Gaurav, & Vikas were VERY expressive and had an amazing stance in the dance...they oozed with the style and apt-attitude that is required for latin dancing. Mouni was the only one great in that round...Rupali was not the right choice for the type of dance..she looked highly uncomfortable and like Saroj Khan said she was moving too much..she didn't have a balance. Jennifer, however, was good, but not exceptional as she was in her Khuda Jaane Hum Tum Round. And maybe that is why the boys won. The face-off was completely fair---I again repeat the original choice was Chaitu for that dance--who has the desired expressions for the songs and has the capability of performing the steps with style, expressions, and the correct mood. This is what Bakhtiyaar lacks, which is one of the essentials of dance. Again I agree with Saroj Khan, Bakthiyaar should not have performed in each and every round. Thus the exertion and exhaustion that he faced. Also I think someone with full expressions & great dancing ability like maybe Gaurav should have replaced Chaitu.
  Anyway back to the point--considering the situation the boys were in they should have had a BETTER strategy and not played with overconfidence and underestimate their opponents, whom in my view have always played with a wise strategy. 😊

Shweta
kart thumbnail
What saroj khan meant was she was the worst judge😉
mahona thumbnail

Originally posted by: purva_j

I dont agree with you...
In the Tashan round it was clear that Bakhtiyar dance much better than Karishma..
But because of poor judgement they lost 300 points which made them to bet with higher points
which was stupidity... Because of poor judgement they had bad face in the game at the end. They have to walk out because they were knowing that no matter how better they will dance, they are not going to get the justice...winning of girls is fair. they deserves that but getting bad treatment to the boys by judges and then the harsh word is very bad.. rediculus judges...and their judgement

You are absolutely right. It was not their wrong strategy. They have to trust their best player. But if the judges premeditaded to win girls team then their is no reason to dance. Shoroj should be insulted more by the boys so that she will never come in any reality show with biasing mind. And chunky I think he has some problem in his charater. thats why when malika say anything all time looking to her face like he has never seen a girl. Funny.
*TaIz!!* thumbnail
Originally posted by Posh23ash

The way boys played the game is what made them lose the competiton. Nothing else. How the boys reacted made them lose everyone's respect. COMPLETELY agreee with you... judges were fair in the entire series..the problem which made boys lose the competiton was their own ego and attitude...zero sportsmanspirit and poooor strategy thats all