applesauce1313 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello folks

I regularly watch airtel super singer and was wondering if there is anyone else interested in discussing the show

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
are they still on participants haunting????? or have they started with the show??
applesauce1313 thumbnail
They've started the show and in fact they have come down to something like 20 odd participants. Last week they showed them splitting into 3 groups, Western, folk and melody , and being tutored by the judges. Malgudi Shubha was with the western group, and Deepan Chakravarty with the folk group.

I think this week i.e today till Wednesday they'll show further eliminations based on how the contestants sing the songs they've been taught by the judges.
applesauce1313 thumbnail

OK come on guys I m sure at least some of you are watcing super singer and have your opinions or have even chosen your favourites already. It would be fun to discuss.

What do you think of the contestants this time around as compared to last time? And the judges?

GGG3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I really love that show. Season 1 was my favourite. I couldn't follow season 2.The problem is that Vijay Tv is off air in our town. Our cable operator has assured us to solve the problem in a month. Hope to watch it before it ends. If you can give us brief updates i would love to read and discuss.

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Agreed with GGG3 , if you gives us details like who is the judges n brief update, we will able to discuss with you. I used to watch season one..not able to watch this season. maybe will try to wherever I can find it online.

subhavenkat thumbnail
Cool!!! I regularly watch this. I didn't watch the previous Season though. I don't have any favourite singers as of now. I like the two girls who sang "Athiri paaru... sutrum bhumi sutrum athan sakkaram..." from Dum Dum Dum. 

Today Sriram parthasarathy thought his group his own composition ( Bharathiyar song). I liked the  tune very much. Very nice composition. We can continue to discuss :-)
applesauce1313 thumbnail

OK here's a quick update on 15 Sept episode.

Last week the  3 judges Sriram Parthasarathy, Malgudi Shuba and Deepan Chakravarty had taught their groups one song each -

a classical song by Sriram Parthasarathy, folk song by Deepan Chakravarty and Western by Malgudi Shuba.

Yesterday the contestants had to sing the song they had been taught plus one song of their choice.

Bhargavi, Ravi, Madhumitha, Swati, Aruna,Bharathiraja ( I cant remember if there were any others) were spot selected.

Shakti Loganathan and Febin were waitlisted.

Sherin was the only one rejected, the judges said she shouldnt have taken a classical based song ( NInnukori) when she hasnt learnt classical, also shruti was a problem.

Most of the contestants did well and added their own touch tot he songs they had been taught. Bhargavi and Ravi were especially good. I personally thought Madhumitha was good but not great.

subhavenkat thumbnail
Hi!!! Just curious, are episodes in USA  trailing behind the ones in india? because, here the training session has started only today. Thanks for the update though :-)
applesauce1313 thumbnail
Yeah I think they must be trailing cos here the selection thing has already started. Today they are going to show the other Madhumitha and looks like Shuba is enjoying herself! :)

Its so confusing when the participants have the same names. I think there are 2 Jananis, 2 Bhargavis and 2 Madhumithas.

Oh by the way would you guys want some inside info? My friend's cousin happens to be one of the participants so I usually know whats happening 2 weeks before they telecast! I wont spoil the surprise for those who are still watching, but will only tell u that there's a fun episode coming up, where the contestants get to show their other skills apart from singing.

Dont know when it will be telecast though, maybe 2 weeks from now.