No Saas-bahu serials for me: Supriya

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
No Saas-bahu serials for me: Supriya
28 Aug 2008, 0000 hrs IST, SOUMITRA DAS ,TNN

Supriya Pathak (TOI Photo)
Acting runs in Supriya Pathak's blood. Her mother, the late Dina Pathak, was a reputed character actress and woman activist. Her sister Ratna Pathak Shah happens to be a brilliant actress as well.

And well, her husband happens to be none other than the legendary actor, Pankaj Kapur, which makes heartthrob Shahid Kapur her stepson.

Of late, Supriya has warmed your hearts with her presence in sitcoms like Khichdi and Idhar Udhar . After a 11 year hiatus from acting, she made a comeback in Sarkar (2005) and its sequel Sarkar Raj alongside Amitabh Bachchan. She also played the lead role in the much acclaimed Dharm in 2007, which narrowly missed out in the race to become India's official entry to the Oscars.

On the small screen, she is doing Remote Control (9X). "The concept of the show is really nice and the content excellent. It's just the kind of serial that I would like to sit back and enjoy as a viewer. I play a really strong character, that of a mother who has inculcated the right values in her children. I can really relate to the character and that's why I accepted it."

She's not fond of the saas-bahu soaps at all. "They don't make any sense to me," she says. About her profession, she says, "It's been a great journey. When I started, the fact that my mother was a part of the industry made us very secure. Though my comic roles have been much appreciated, I feel every genre has its own challenges. I would pick Bazaar, Dharm and Vijeta as my best performances till date. I took a long break as my children were small and it was a very wise decision. I have always done what I wanted to do." She is also "proud to have worked with Mr Bachchan, who is extremely helpful and wonderful person to be with. And I'm so proud of my husband, who is such a great actor!"

Off the camera, Supriya loves to read, listens to music and writes short stories. On a parting note, she has this to say to aspiring actors, "Don't look at acting as an easy way of making money. Work hard and try to fulfill the responsibilities that artists have towards society."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/No_Saas-bahu_serials_for_me_Supriya/articleshow/3412396.cms