Watch out for the latest hotstepper - Kiran Dubey

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

by Meenakshi Shankar
Aug 01, 2008, Mumbai

Will she or won't she make a comeback in the popular Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki is a million dollar question? Will Kiran Dubey make her entry back in as the vamp – Rajeshwari along with Trishna aka Mita Vashist in the daily soap. We caught up with the peppy actress and she left us with more than we had bargained for.

That's Kiran Dubey for you.

"Yes, there is a possibility that I may come back. Trishna and Rajeshwari – the two vamps who plotted and stirred the hornet's nest in the staid comfortable 'Parvati' dominated household actually pepped up the TRP's. There's nothing vulgar about being a vamp. I just enjoyed the combination that both of us brought to the show and made it much more interesting. Our track was probably one of my favorites. I don't subscribe to the saga of saas bahu, but a track like this is difficult to say no to."

She added, "Yes, Balaji Telefilms have approached me but I'm taking my time. There is the date commitment and my world is like a canvas. I would like to paint a million pictures and not be constrained by merely a show or two. Balaji wants 20- 25 days and I'm genuinely not looking for a block booking."

So, if the actress is indeed mulling over and considering over her popular character, then we couldn't help wonder if there was indeed something meatier up her sleeve. Probing further left us in a mood for speculation. There have been rumors about Kiran Dubey being considered for a powerful Bollywood role. So, is she the next Rajeev Khandelwal in the making, we couldn't help but wonder. In her lilting laughter, she said, "Yes, there are something's in the pipeline. But, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed till things fall into place."

A close source couldn't stop raving about Kiran's performance when she was auditioning for a powerful movie script adapted from a novel. The source also insisted that Kiran was a prime contender for the role. Questioning Kiran on this was running into a dead end. She however said, "I would take up roles which bring some meaning in my life."

A devil-may-care-attitude belies the fact that she is currently involved with Ishtar Healing Centre and talking about it to her is an eye opener. On a spiritual quest, she said, "This is meaningful

< = ="http://www.tellywatch.com//Stargazetitle.js">  TV STAR TRAIL

by Meenakshi Shankar
Aug 01, 2008, Mumbai

I feel complete when I'm part of something which has an end."

"Not most of us realize that actors go through serious issues. It is not easy to walk out of the auditioning room with a statement – Thank you, but you are not good enough for the role. The glamor and the glitz is just one side of the coin. The other side is tarnished with ups and downs and there are times, I actually wonder how my coterie still works up the nerve to be part of the charade day in and day out. The constant smiling, the grease paint, the weight loss, the weight gain…the scrutiny is crushing. That's how Ishtar happened to me. It's not a spiritual quest or a journey. It's just someplace where you can be with yourself and actually work back some of that self confidence back into your life."

Keeping track with Kiran is akin to running a marathon. We started with speculation on if she would make a comeback in Balaji's soap, but walked away with wondering if Kiran Dubey is the next big wave to hit the big screen?

< = ="http://www.tellywatch.com//Srelatedvideo.js">
http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_Interview/Kiran_Dubey_Kahani_Ghar_Ghar_Ki/August-01-2008/Kiran_Dubey_Kahani_Ghar_Ghar_Ki__Star_Plus__Ekta_Kapoor_2.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sallu_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
oh wow i wish she can come bak hahaha
luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Kiran was Gr8 as Rajeshwari Mehra! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘  πŸ‘..Loved those magical days with the "Dumber" Pals Trishna n Rajo being ruled by Queen Janki! πŸ‘ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰...Sad that those magical days of Kahaani came to an end so soon...😭 πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­
Really don't understand why the Creatives chose to disappear Rajo without a proper end to her trackk..πŸ˜• ..would be really gr8 to see back in Kahaani! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰