I never cared for my figure: Udita Goswami

PureBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

I never cared for my figure: Udita Goswami

Making a sensational debut in Paap, gorgeous babe Udita Goswami is still struggling to establish herself in Bollywood. Learning from her past mistakes, Udita regrets her absence and is set to start it all over again. Let's see what this lady has to say about her upcoming releases and many more.

Q. You are working in Deepak Tijori's The Man alongside Sunny Deol. Tell us something about it?
A. I can't reveal much about the film right now. All I can say is that it's a thriller. I am working along with Sunny Deol, Arjun Rampal and Sagarika Ghatge.

It's a Sunny Deol style action-romantic movie. I'm playing the role of a detective in the movie which is quite interesting, so people will get to see me in a different look all together.

Q. How have you prepared yourself for this character?
A. See first of all, I don't know how the detectives work and function. So I did whatever I was told by my director. According to Deepak, I fitted the best for this role and the kind of attitude required for this role suited me. He had full faith in me. So I didn't need to transform much for the role.

Q. Apart from this you have two more movies in your kitty, Amar Joshi Shahid ho Gaya and Kisase Pyaar Karo. Tell us something about that?
A. Both of them are comic films. Both of the movies are ready but are been delayed due to some reasons. Audiences have never seen me doing a comedy till date. So it will be a different platform for me.

Till date I have only done serious and strong character roles. In these two comedies I have tried to portray a different shade of mine.

I have been portraying innocent and idiotic kinds of characters in these two films of mine. I am working with Suniel Shetty, Rajpal Yadav, Om Puri and Neena Gupta in Amar Joshi Shahid ho Gaya while in, Kisase Pyaar Karo, I am working with Arshad Warsi, Aashish Choudhary and Yash Tonk.

Q. How was your experience in comedy then?
A. It was fun playing a comedy character. Frankly it was a good but not a great experience playing a comic character. I had some difficulty grabbing the role in the start for a day or two but later on I capitalized on it completely.

Q. It's a saying that to laugh is easy, but to make others laugh is tough. What do you have to say about it?
A. I haven't yet felt that I will be able to make others laugh. So I will answer your question when the film is released.

Q. You took a very long break after the release of your movie Aggar. any specific reason?
A. There's no specific reason as such. I have always been taking gaps between all my films. There was a gap between Paap and Zehar. Again there was a gap between Zehar and Aksar. First I used to do one movie a year but now I have changed my perception.

Now I am ready to do 4 films a year also. I have realized one thing that in order to survive in this industry, one must be constantly seen on the big screen. I have learned to be matured with time.

Q. Actresses from the modeling world have quite often been targeted as non performable actresses. What's your outlook on that?
A. I don't agree with you. If this is the scene like then why do directors take models to act in their movies? They can take talented actresses or go to a drama and acting school to choose from there.

Aishwarya Rai Bachaan, Bipasha Basu, John Abraham are best examples who have been successful both in modeling as well as in their acting career.

Q. Paap, Zeher and Aksar were huge hits. Still why your career in Bollywood hasn't raised?
A. It's my entire fault and I am the one responsible for it. People in Bollywood are known to socialize and build rapport, which I never did. After the release of my movies I used to be in my own world and never interacted with anyone.

Q. Now every actress is targeting for size zero. You have put on weight on the other hand?
A. This is my second mistake. I never cared for my figure. I didn't even realize when I had gained so much weight. It all happened with the release of Paap. People told me that I had reduced a lot and so I need to put on. But now I have become a fitness conscious person.

Q. So what steps are you taking regarding your fitness?
A. I prefer to jog in the park rather than jogging on the tread mill because in the park I can breathe fresh air and jog. I dance a lot which is proving quite useful for me. Apart from this I am learning boxing three days a week.

Q. Apart from these 4 films, are you acting in any other films also?
A. The talks are on. Apart from lead roles I want to act in a multi-starrer movie.

Q. People die to get solo lead roles. In your case you want to shift from lead roles to multi-starrer films?
A. Its not a question about lead or multi-starrer role. For me, a movie should be well balanced. People do act in lead as well as multi-starrer roles. I am a very complex and complicated girl. I am still learning in life.