I didn’t think before taking the leap: Vidya

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
//configuration OAS_url ='http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/'; OAS_listpos = 'Position1'; OAS_query = '?'; OAS_sitepage = 'www.timesofindia.com/Innovation/index.html'; //end of configuration OAS_version = 10; OAS_rn = '001234567890'; OAS_rns = '1234567890'; OAS_rn = new String (Math.random()); OAS_rns = OAS_rn.substring (2, 11); function OAS_NORMAL(pos) { document.write(''); document.write(''); } OAS_version = 11; if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mozilla/3') != -1) OAS_version = 10; if (OAS_version >= 11) document.write(''); < =1.1 ="http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_mjx.ads/www.timesofindia.com/Innovation/index./1154785490@1?"> document.write(''); function OAS_AD(pos) { if (OAS_version >= 11 && typeof(OAS_RICH)!='undefined') OAS_RICH(pos); else OAS_NORMAL(pos); } OAS_AD('Position1');
Vidya Malavade (TOI Photo) More Pics
Who would€™ve thought that the petite Vidya Malavade would jump off helicopters and won€™t be scared to be among snakes!

The actress pushed herself to do everything she hadn€™t dreamt herself to indulge in. Vidya, who€™s part of the daring gang of girls in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi which will be on air at 10 pm on Colors today, even found out that creepy crawlies don€™t scare her much. So what made her sign on to do something that€™s definitely not a part of her everyday life?

€œThis was like another Chak De for me. When I signed Chak De , I didn€™t know anything about hockey. I didn€™t even know how to hold a stick properly. But once I got into it I gave it my all. Similarly when the channel approached me with this show, my first reaction was €˜no way€™. However, they asked me think again. I realised that I am never going to get an opportunity to do these things again with such a professional crew around. That€™s the reason I agreed to be a part of the show,€ she says.

As expected doing the stunts was not a cakewalk. Vidya says, €œThe first stunt was the scariest because I was running a temperature of 103 degrees. The stunt involved jumping off a helicopter into ice cold water and swimming some more. I was thinking whether I should attempt it at all. But then to go back without attempting a single stunt was not acceptable to me. Even when I was in the helicopter, I wasn€™t sure about doing the stunt. But then I leaped off the chopper before I could think anymore.€ She adds, €œSometimes you shouldn€™t think before taking the leap.€ Of course Vidya had to bear the consequences too. She was left with a black-and-blue eye and a cut above her eyebrow.

Also, Akshay Kumar, who€™s the host of the show encouraged her to give it a shot. €œAkshay is so much fun. He€™s a pro at doing all the stunts. He makes it seem so easy, but when you attempt it, you realise how tough it is,€ she says. Looking at Vidya€™s brave attempt she can surely try her hand at some action-oriented films. Chak de, Vidya!
var imgid = '3263135';var capt = 'Vidya Malavade (TOI Photo) More Pics';var cnt='1'; var ttl='Vidya Malavade'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ''; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;