I refused to play Shantanu Mukesh Khanna Artical?

Davide thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I refused to play Shantanu in Ekta's 'Mahabharat': Mukesh Khanna

Mumbai, July 21(IANS) Mukesh Khanna, who played the role of Bhishma Pitamah in B.R. Chopra's 'Mahabharat', says he was offered Shantanu's role in Ekta Kapoor's 'Kahani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki' but turned it down.

'I was offered the role of Shantanu (Bhishma's father) in the serial. But I told them: Do you think that I would do any other role after Bhishma? These types of epics can be created only once. Even I cannot play the role again. It was once and for all,' Mukesh told IANS.

Expressing his doubts about the success of Ekta's new venture, he said it was altogether a different time when Chopra's 'Mahabharat' was made.

'It had the best of the dedicated people who continuously worked for one particular project for two years to create the serial.

'It was Rahi Masoom Reza writing dialogues for Bhishma, Ravi Chopra directing Bhishma and Mukesh Khanna performing Bhishma that created the legendary character of Bhishma in 'Mahabharat'. Where would you get a writer like Raza today?'

Comparing the TV scene then and now, the actor said: 'At that time there used to be one TV channel and now there are hundreds. We had 90 percent of the viewership, whereas now, to get even five percent viewership for a single channel is very difficult. So if anyone says he or she will repeat history, then I have my doubts.'

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20080721/914/ten-i-refused-to-play-shantanu-in-ekta-s.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sheena_Row thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
😔 I think they are preposterous offering the role of Shantanu to MK...The casting on Ekta's MB is all wrong...but I am glad MK didn't act in the serial - I agree with all the points MK made....

No actor as Bheeshma can hold a candle to MK's portrayal of Bheeshma and Nitish's Krishna -

I really tried hard giving this serial three weeks to see where it goes, I think for all the money Ekta has spent, the epic turned out to very mediocre in all aspects, especially acting.....
TheEngineer thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sheena_Row

😔 I think they are preposterous offering the role of Shantanu to MK...The casting on Ekta's MB is all wrong...but I am glad MK didn't act in the serial - I agree with all the points MK made....

No actor as Bheeshma can hold a candle to MK's portrayal of Bheeshma and Nitish's Krishna -

I really tried hard giving this serial three weeks to see where it goes, I think for all the money Ekta has spent, the epic turned out to very mediocre in all aspects, especially acting.....

TRUE
rupalip thumbnail
their background music so loud that dialogues are not clear, and actresses are acting like they are in a daily soap... but sakshi acted nice ...
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
do they really offered the role of shantanu to him?😕
Davide thumbnail

Originally posted by: tsaian

thansk 4 the article

welcome...
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
He's right. those dialogues can't be rewritten. they made a huge impact . and special effects , zooming cameras, shloks in the background and dhol music was not required.
Davide thumbnail

Originally posted by: luv_khwaish

He's right. those dialogues can't be rewritten. they made a huge impact . and special effects , zooming cameras, shloks in the background and dhol music was not required.

😊😊😊