Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Congrats on the new thread.
Durga, Indi, Faiqa and Supriya, you guys are doing wonderful job to keep this thread alive. 
Katelyn, the tikka gif made me speechless.
Faiqa and supriya, your collages are fabulous as usual.
Sorry guys, my presence is less nowadays. Can't writing my reviews as well, as life has become too hectic with studies. The decision to post one episode each week is good. By this time we can catch up writing our reviews and also can discuss old episodes. I think we also can discuss about the episodes which are currently showing in Life OK and Tv Asia. the purpose of BFTP is to relive the show. So we can discuss all the episodes of IPK here.

Durga, the opening poem is stupendous. You are getting better with your each single piece of work.
Faiqa, your insightful and meaningful analysis of any scene or sequence is just marvelous. How you see things from different angle or i can say from third eye is unique. Loved how you pointed out ASR's hand position with Khushi in various moments. And your write up about tikka scene iss brilliant. The tikka scene was my absolute favorite scene of IPK. There was no physical intimacy in the scene but how they executed the scene was just impossibly romantic and passionate. It gave me goose bumps when Arnav uttered "Khushi" right after she put the tikka on him. His unexpressed emotions and feelings were conveyed through this monosyllable beautifully. Another dialogue I adored in the swami track was
"who the hell is swami!"
i almost died how he said that line! And of course the credit goes to Barun only. Such a fine actor he is! Missing him terribly.

Indi, you are were so right about the ott. Specially I was so annoyed on Khushi when she bathed ASR in public place. that was not OTT, but nonsense. The CVS became bonkers during that time i guess. But Sanaya did her comedy with excellence. I don't know this thread will continue with the GH track or not. But I somehow liked ASR's stay in GH. There were so many beautiful moments and significant events happened in that track. One of the important moment was Khushi and Garima's convo about Arnav. And I also loved Arnav's bonding with his in laws.

Looking forward for some interesting discussion about our favorite show. 
How Arnav never could leave Khushi, same way I never can leave IPK.
IPK's rashta main kabhi chodooN naa
a VM made by Zoha.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C9fibrD6hqk[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
CONGRATULATIONS ALL ON 23RD THREAD OF BLAST OF THE PAST. 
🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳

Thread is rocking with Durga's beautiful opening lines, Indi Di's edits, Faiqa awesome collages, Cinthiya's reviews and Aarwan's first review has added more charms to it.
One more thread to go then there will be silver jubilee celebrations of BOTP on completing twenty five threads. 

I have yet to read everyone post especially of Aarwan's first review, exams is making life tired and hectic. I will be back soon. 
Till then Rabba vey. 

Edited by Javeria3991 - 10 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Couple of points for discussion:

Khushi's hurt

Arnav's realizing he was wrong to behave the way he did

Shyam's plan begins/ sacred thread guise

Arnav becoming angry because Khushi could have refused to go with Shyam

Missing Her

Any thoughts?

Khushi is surprised when she sees her husband has so much concern and unadulterated

love for his sister.  Love in the extreme.  He loves his Di so much and he has so much hate for Khushi.  It hurts her.  She is getting angry too.  She doesn't deserve to be treated this way.  

I hate seeing Khushi hurt but I love the angry Khushi.  She is feisty and she fights him with her whole being.  Although I do see that there is a whole bunch of miscommunication between these two, couples counseling would probably have helped!  lol.

Arnav realizes his anger at Khushi was unwarranted for she was doing something for his sister.  For a brief moment I believe he feels bad for his actions with Khushi but only for a moment.  Arnav's ego is extremely huge and does not accept mistakes especially not his own.  He feels very bad when he hurts her but then he realizes she hurt him twice as much and his anger returns to him again.

Shyam is unbeleivable.  He uses every excuse to find out what is going on in Arnav's mind and life.  Greedy ba*tard.  Sorry don't like him.

When Arnav realizes his Di sent the couple to get medicine and for them not to tell him he should have realized Khushi would not break her promise to his sister.  Personally that was a stupid thought and a writer's mistake in my POV.  Khushi would do anything for Di.  He should have known.

HE IS MISSING HER!

Everything reminds him of her and he doesn't want anyone else to think he thinks about her.

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 225

Writing my first review for such a sad episode. Is that a bad sign?

What struck me throughout the whole episode was the sad background score. Even the rabba ve rendition was the one reserved for heartbreak. 

So Arnav was worried for his sister. We have seen that before but today we saw Khushi feel sad about it. Not jealous of her husband's concern for his sister but sad because of how unfair the situation was. How could he break her heart over and over again but be the most caring person in the world for another. Wanting to be cherished is an important part of young love. Oh the sad notes of piano. If only Khushi could see Arnav cradling her face during Holi like we did..

If Khushi was sad Aranv was in no better a state. From almost being compelled to confessing your love out loud to yelling ,throwing, fighting in rage, to bitterness at being cheated by the only person he has ever let into his heart. I love Anjali's cute comment about internet knowledge . Like this attention to detail. Chote did not believe in old wives tales but he he was knowledgeable about the world. Oh Barun's face when the realization struck he had misunderstood Khushi. he wanted to fix it.

His gentle tentative "Toh bata deti". Why didn't her heart melt? Because she was still upset. hard to put into words the feeling but your heart wants your loved one to care. 

Of course the anger had to return because it is natural. how many times in real life this happens that one moment you are apologizing and the next you fly into rage because your apology was rejected. not understood. Look at all the expressions Barun went through. 

Then came the goading. How helpless are you when you know youa re hurting her some more but you still push to get a reaction. When each hurt is cutting your heart in pieces but you still wield your sword because you just can't bear indifference... you can't stand moving away.. silence.. disconnect.. So hurt it will be.. But this time Khushi's heart is not its usual chirpy fiery self. She will not answer back...  Sanaya's expression tells it all..

And then came the time that my heart was absolutely still  ..  Who can't help feeling bad for Arnav here.. Of course he misses her.. of course he has to pretend that quiet is what he wants.. But of course we know how lonely empty life is without her. Looking at Barun who can say Arnav hasn't been around Khushi just a few hours.. The expressions feel like he has lived a lifetime without her nad the separation is too much to bear. He remembers Salman Khan, stars.. Oh all the so called annoying things .. Why do you miss it so..

Loved this scene for the immediate jump to consciousness.. So he has been reduced to sleeping awkwardly on a sofa.. It is an uneasy sleep..and you know because as soon as his eyes open they jump to attention.. Look around.. search for the girl who you see before your eyes each morning you wake up.. Who can say they are married a few days.. their body language around each other already tells us this bond is for a lifetime and more.. eagerness to disappointment took but a few seconds..

Had to add HP (is it or OP ?) to this collage because of him coming to Arnav so many times this episode. Arnavji looks tired.. Is it intentional or is Barun already feeling the pressure? But then comes a familiar voice. the dejected depressed look is suddenly washed away with something alive. He can feel whole again.. be curious.. With no dialogues so much was conveyed.. And could the music have been any sadder? 😭

Want to end with a mention of Hello Hi Bye Bye. By this time she is positively cruel to Payal. Can't help feel bad. Wished they hadn't made her so mean..

Also thank you Indi for telling us about pixlr. used it for my edits. 😊

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi everyone,

thread #23, sometimes when i check back and see what we have here... it's sort of priceless... i know i know, no one's going to be auctioning us at sotheby's or selling our work on itunes, but still priceless... there's beauty, thought, all sorts of ipk trivia and edits and takes and more, and there's friendship too... and kids' laughter and arrivals and exams and hopes, mothers doing batty talk, there are young women planning their future, there are older women sounding 16 and their age if need be, there's constant learning... i have met some of the sweetest people here, and snarky and funny they can be too...

five odd months back this thread had a special blessing, and we switched to another kind of drool corner.

i feel so happy we are here, still going a bit crazy over iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? that is why we got together, little did we know how much was here to be found.

see ya all.

and i am going to be more OTT than khushi... just a warning.

aaj mausam hai dhichkyao dhichkyao.

hai meri dhadakti durga, sundari supriya, and constant kate... so good it's been to get the thread together with you. unbelievably giving and talented you all are... and brill at working together despite different time zones and demands on time itself. lub you.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

where are you? why do you hide?
where is that moonlight trail that leads to your side?

~~~ from moonraker ~~~

episode 225

i've seen your smile in a thousand dreams
felt your touch and it always seems
you love me, you love me

~~~ moonraker ~~~

just like the moonraker knows
his dream will come true someday
i know that you are only a kiss away

~~~ moonraker ~~~

for almost five minutes the camera followed one actor as he followed a feeling. missing. normally this would get boring, but this is ipk and sorry there is no "normally". hardly any words. but then hardly any were needed. with his every part of being barun sobti expressed asr missing, wanting, needing, loving khushi kumari gupta singh raizada, "meri pattni". started where such things start... in the heart... "khu..." he called out unconsciously when he came out of the bathroom refreshed. yeah that's when he is used to seeing her in the room... doing some khushi like thing, like talking to a goat while being berated. then he stopped in his tracks, shrug-shrugged and said, good she's not there, he'd get some peace and quiet. but alas, that was not going to happen. the missing grew, he started seeing her in his minds eye... laughing, dancing close with him... khushi who laughed, who poured jooice into shoes, who peeped out of cupboards, whom he'd just told she'd made his life hell... all because he was so peeved she wouldn't accept his apology. and then she had gone around being cold, being aloof, he'd tried to shout at her, something in him perhaps hoping he'd get a sassy saucy answer from her... he hated seeing her so down and quiet and away from him.

but hah! he was arnav singh raizada, he was not going to admit that... yet that missing... that need. when his eyes open they search her first, on the bed, by the pool, where is she? and why is hp mentioning her, "maine poochha?" by the end of the second day he is almost wilting. nothing feels good, without her. hate her love her whatever, she must be before his eyes.

barun was so good, looking for her, his eyes darting here and there, his whole body language somehow restless, then sad, how he let that star go, standing before the poster that offended him all he could see was her laughing smiling face. how helpless he seemed without her. almost lost.

and so he was.

interestingly he recalled her laughter and not her morose face as he missed her. she was laughter in his life. a life bleak and fairly lonely at one level (the episode showed that well, he met no one practically for an evening and a day). because he'd kept nothing for himself really. just that determination to win at all cost. he had forgotten lightness and joy.

for himself.

she was that.

and she wouldn't show herself. where are you, why do you hide?

if he were in that state after being really nasty to her, she was in a painful place of her own. he doesn't even want to see her...

of course he was being awful because he so wanted her... convoluted maybe but true. had she accepted his apology, he'd have felt calmer within. never occurred to him that she really should not have to tell him where she was... that he had lost his temper in his usual way, and crossed a line...

and she, when she saw him being sweet to di, for once a thought came before she could bar it, a thought, a feeling, a need for her own self, her bruised heart... how could this man be so different with two people. she had felt his love once and then in an instant that had been replaced by this chaos... and she so wanted him to love her, care for her, be nice... because she did love him so... even though he was being perfectly hateful.

her passive aggressive resistance came out... and expressed her displeasure. her hurt. not being able to handle it, a bit of a universal male trait i must say teehee... he felt hemmed in... no idea how to make it better. and why should he make it better?!! huh! she was the one at fault after all... she had made his life hell. he had to say that too and she felt all the hurt she could.

sanaya had just a few scenes but how beautifully she expressed a state of mind. a young girl, tender, loving, innocent, who had dreamed of love and now this. how hard she has tried to make things better, though she had no clue why this craziness had been unleashed on her. yet she couldn't hate him, not really... she could pester him and fight with him... but not hate... then had come his heer ranjha words followed by complete denial of any feelings and then a right royal tantrum out of nowhere. gussa fit. she was tired, worn down by this emotional roller coaster ride... drooping. her sunny side badly in the shade. and he goes and tells her she's made his life hell, he'd rather not see her. the feelings that flow through her.

but of course, in the middle of all that... "kuchh dhang ka karo..." he would like her to do something with her life. and she too despite her suffering has to get him the file, though without a ward. interrupted in the middle of hsi rant to aman, he must look at the file, then her turned away face, react to it completely, and snatch the file away.

had he not been nasty to her. had he not snatched the file. had she not gone into a hurt angry quiet... there might have been cause for concern. but this complete lack of indifference to each other. this reacting to every beat and breath of the other... what was this if not love.

a nearly 30 year long relationship has taught me all this happens. including the senselessness and hurt and misery when love is involved. in fact, these are possibly as characteristic of that thing as are joy, ecstacy, euphoria, wonder, teasing, humour, happiness, desire.

the acting took a written thing to another level. khushi and asr looked like themselves, young and beautiful and sexy, but the feelings they plumbed and expressed were deep and timeless. the way his eyes searched for her, you could feel the lift and fall and longing and pain and need of his heart.

how they created the atmosphere they did with shot of tacky things like salman poster, plastic taarey, garish mobile remains unfathomable for me. ipk is not at all sophisticated in terms of production values. its creatives, pushed for time, shooting every day, working nonstop... had hardly any time to devise arty options, such as shooting a particular way to create a mood, a look. but somehow they knew how to get the maximum out of a thing. it is true perhaps that if you have the content, the form really does not matter that much. nice to have it, if not, the content still sees you though.

there were lighter segments in the episode. some creepy shyam tactics though to what end we never knew. a lovely grandma grandson interlude, again a set of emotions there. and ipk really was all about emotions. there was the opening scene with di, key to introducing the main theme of the day, and of course mami the virulent with payal the vapid. all of these were there i felt to just punctuate and hold the central emotion in place, to accentuate it somehow. it was good to run into some eye flickering by snake, a little tycoon talk on i make my own kismet, etc., and then dash back to a poolside tryst, a conversation with a loved one's back and eyes filling up.

the episode had a poignance, a "dard" in it that really reminded me of a ghazal. a song written to express longing for the lover, extreme longing, perhaps the lover doesn't return the love, or has lost interest...

often have asr and khushi and their thing for each other brought music to the mind. when they canoodled by the poolside, they were definitely "i wanna hold your hand". here they were like a ghazal... he was perhaps "ranjish hi sahi", she maybe "yun hasraton ke daag". i may not have chosen the most apt songs, but the pleading for the loved one in a ghazal, the dard which is a mix of pain and sadness and all its sweetness, it was all there. and because this was asr in this frame of mind, there was a touch of the blues and jazz in it. a mournful sax played somewhere. picking up when he turned sharply at the sound of her voice.

"yun hasraton ke daag mohabbat mein dho liye
Khud dil se dil ke baat kahi aur ro liye

ghar se chale they hum to khushi ki talaash mein
khushi ki talaash mein
gam raah mein khade they wo hi saath ho liye
khud dil se dil ke baat kahi aur ro liye

the stains of desires I washed in love
had a heart-to-heart talk with my heart and cried away

i left my abode in my quest for happiness
in my quest for happiness
found sadness in my path and picked it up
had a heart-to-heart talk with my heart and cried away"

"ranjish hi sahi dil hi dukhaane ke liye aa
if it is grief so be it, come to break my heart again
aa phir se mujhe chhoR ke jaane ke liye aa
do come, if only for the act of leaving me again"

credit for lyrics and translation to uploader.

end note
this is the end, my friends, between the first shot and the second one, indi rolled over and died.
and the man buttons his top button after knotting his tie, how precise and specific and aaa.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

YAY THREAD 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am waiting for the day i catch up!!!

Let's enjoy the SWAMI!!!!!!!

you guys did a great job on the first page!!!!!!!

gifs are from google images
Edited by ..Anita.. - 10 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 225

Writing my first review for such a sad episode. Is that a bad sign?

What struck me throughout the whole episode was the sad background score. Even the rabba ve rendition was the one reserved for heartbreak. 

So Arnav was worried for his sister. We have seen that before but today we saw Khushi feel sad about it. Not jealous of her husband's concern for his sister but sad because of how unfair the situation was. How could he break her heart over and over again but be the most caring person in the world for another. Wanting to be cherished is an important part of young love. Oh the sad notes of piano. If only Khushi could see Arnav cradling her face during Holi like we did..

If Khushi was sad Aranv was in no better a state. From almost being compelled to confessing your love out loud to yelling ,throwing, fighting in rage, to bitterness at being cheated by the only person he has ever let into his heart. I love Anjali's cute comment about internet knowledge . Like this attention to detail. Chote did not believe in old wives tales but he he was knowledgeable about the world. Oh Barun's face when the realization struck he had misunderstood Khushi. he wanted to fix it.

His gentle tentative "Toh bata deti". Why didn't her heart melt? Because she was still upset. hard to put into words the feeling but your heart wants your loved one to care. 

Of course the anger had to return because it is natural. how many times in real life this happens that one moment you are apologizing and the next you fly into rage because your apology was rejected. not understood. Look at all the expressions Barun went through. 

Then came the goading. How helpless are you when you know youa re hurting her some more but you still push to get a reaction. When each hurt is cutting your heart in pieces but you still wield your sword because you just can't bear indifference... you can't stand moving away.. silence.. disconnect.. So hurt it will be.. But this time Khushi's heart is not its usual chirpy fiery self. She will not answer back...  Sanaya's expression tells it all..

And then came the time that my heart was absolutely still  ..  Who can't help feeling bad for Arnav here.. Of course he misses her.. of course he has to pretend that quiet is what he wants.. But of course we know how lonely empty life is without her. Looking at Barun who can say Arnav hasn't been around Khushi just a few hours.. The expressions feel like he has lived a lifetime without her nad the separation is too much to bear. He remembers Salman Khan, stars.. Oh all the so called annoying things .. Why do you miss it so..

Loved this scene for the immediate jump to consciousness.. So he has been reduced to sleeping awkwardly on a sofa.. It is an uneasy sleep..and you know because as soon as his eyes open they jump to attention.. Look around.. search for the girl who you see before your eyes each morning you wake up.. Who can say they are married a few days.. their body language around each other already tells us this bond is for a lifetime and more.. eagerness to disappointment took but a few seconds..

Had to add HP (is it or OP ?) to this collage because of him coming to Arnav so many times this episode. Arnavji looks tired.. Is it intentional or is Barun already feeling the pressure? But then comes a familiar voice. the dejected depressed look is suddenly washed away with something alive. He can feel whole again.. be curious.. With no dialogues so much was conveyed.. And could the music have been any sadder? 😭

Want to end with a mention of Hello Hi Bye Bye. By this time she is positively cruel to Payal. Can't help feel bad. Wished they hadn't made her so mean..

Also thank you Indi for telling us about pixlr. used it for my edits. 😊

Hi Aarwen, interesting for a first review you seem to get the idea.   👏
I didn't feel the whole episode had a sad feel but I see what you mean. I feel it was more of a hurtful feel. Arnav pushing her away because of his own hurt.  Khushi was definitely hurt but that turned into an "I'll show you attitude"and so she stays away.  
As far as the music, the sad tunes where played but then there was that upbeat fun Khushi / Arnav IPK tune which I noticed throughout too.  
well done and I agree with you Mami was so mean to our Payal.
BTW no offense meant
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

YAY THREAD 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am waiting for the day i catch up!!!

Let's enjoy the SWAMI!!!!!!!

you guys did a great job on the first page!!!!!!!

Haha love the moments your gif captured!

..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: aarwen

Haha love the moments your gif captured!

thanks but those aren't mind, i forgot to put my disclamer :(