Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goingreen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: 98840500

hey..i m new here..i love ur stories alot...my exams r starting frm friday..i can't check india forum everytym..can u please PMme wen u update..a very humble request...😊

Thank you so much (: But sorry I don't send PMs! And I can't start making exceptions, it'll be unfair to others. Hope you understand!
goingreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: -LiveLoveLaugh-

Finally all caught up with the story after forever. 😆 Hopefully I'll comment more regularly now. 😳 Continue soon! 😉

I hope so too Fari!! (:
goingreen thumbnail

I sure am (:
t1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Yaaay that's made my morning 😃
Hopefully you finished the work you had to do?!
goingreen thumbnail
Hello guys! First of all, a big thank you to everyone who voted for me and earned me to awards at the Qubool Hai Forum Member Awards!

Yes that's right, I won the title of Witty Author, and my story Through The Monsoon , won Most Funny Story! Thank you, thank you, thank you <3

And now for the next part! Yes t1234, I did managed to get the first draft of my work done (:

For Narges, please know that I do not hate you and nobody else should too!! Still ridden with guilt sigh ):

Yes Boss: Part 29

"Engaged...? Now you're telling me both of you are engaged?" Mr Bhatawdekar questioned suspiciously, as he walked around the two of them in a circle, eyeing their hands that had been grasping each other's in a tight grip.

Prasad watched worriedly as Mr Bhatawdekar's frowned deepened, and he began whispering something to Dolly, who quickly jotted down his words as she nodded attentively. He had to get some help for Mr Khan somehow.

"Hello? Mrs Khan? Ji, main Prasad bol raha hoon. There's an issue at the office actually, I thought I'd better inform you... Woh immigration officer phir se aagaya hai yahan, aur woh..." Prasad began to whisper into his phone urgently, when he caught Mr Bhatawdekar staring at him curiously. He quickly swallowed and then grew silent, leaving Dilshaad hanging as he lowered his phone. Mr Bhatawdekar resumed his pacing around Asad and Zoya, once there was absolute silence again.

"Yes... Mr Bhat... Sir, it's true," Zoya stammered nervously, when Mr Bhatawdekar finally stopped behind them, standing in a position such that neither of them could see him, but he could easily see them. Suddenly, he gripped both of their wrists, pulling their hands apart.

"And may I know where your rings are?" Mr Bhatawdekar asked suddenly, as he held both their hands up to the light and acted like as though he was inspecting them thoroughly. Prasad quickly pressed the phone back to his ear when he realized Mr Bhatawdekar was too occupied to notice him, ready to resume his explanation to Dilshaad.

"Woh actually, no one knows about it, because Miss Farooqui... I mean Zoya didn't want people to treat her differently at work, so that's why we don't wear our... rings. It was uh, a secret, um engagement," Asad explained cautiously, his own forehead creased with tension as he made up the story on the spot.

"KYA?!" Dilshaad screamed into Prasad's ear, as she caught the sound of her own son's voice declaring his engagement with... Zoya?! Prasad immediately slapped his own palm to his forehead, unable to get even a word in before Dilshaad jumped to her own conclusion, squealing happily into the phone, so loud that it could be heard by everyone else as well, who ended up watching him strangely. Even Mr Bhatawdekar had stopped his interrogation to watch Prasad slowly move the squealing away from his ear as he pulled his phone down.

"Um, that was my uh, sister...? I promised to get her the new iPhone, so that's why she's so... happy. I'm sorry for interrupting, go ahead and do... whatever it is that you're doing," Prasad answered uncertainly as he disconnected the call, mostly addressing Mr Bhatawdekar who had his eyebrow raised.

"I most certainly will. Thank you so much for your permission," Mr Bhatawdekar replied sarcastically, as he rolled his eyes and directed his attention back to Asad and Zoya. Hemant watched the exchange between Prasad and Mr Bhatawdekar in surprise, wondering why the immigration officer was suddenly so polite. Or was it sarcasm he had failed to catch again...?

"Give me a moment," Mr Bhatawdekar announced, before turning to Dolly and pulling her aside, having a hushed discussion with her. A while passed before Zoya noticed Dolly looking positively disheartened, and she knew that it definitely wasn't good news. The both of them walked back to the centre, facing Asad and Zoya who waited with bated breath.

"Alright, main maan leta hoon ke aap dono engaged ho, theek hai? Ab mujhe yeh bataye... so what?! There's no law that states you can extend your fiance's visa, just because she's your fiance. Now if you were married, it'd be a different story, because there'd actually be legal documents to confirm this. Since you're not, then please say your goodbyes now," Mr Bhatawdekar concluded, feigning sadness as he signalled the police officers to arrest them.

"NO!" A firm female voice announced from the entrance, earning everyone's attention as they turned to face her. Dilshaad walked in determinedly, with Najma trailing close behind. Asad and Zoya exchanged a look of horror. Why was she here now? At the same time, Prasad watched the mother-daughter duo walk in with widened eyes. This was definitely his doing.

"Hello Bhaisaheb, I guess we have not met. I am Dilshaad Ahmed Khan, Asad's mother. I have a few questions to ask you, before you whisk my son and to-be daughter-in-law away. First question, how many days of visa did Zoya have left when you came to the office for the first time?" Dilshaad asked pointedly, leaving Mr Bhatawdekar with no room to interrupt.

"Mera naam Dhurandar Bhatawdekar hai, aur main kaide plus kanoon ka bohut hi sakht aadmi hoon. I know what I'm doing, so there's no need to come here and try to trick me with pointless questions," Mr Bhatawdekar retorted, scoffing a little at her audacity.

"It's not a pointless question because I really do want to know how many days were left on her visa at that time. I don't see what's so difficult about answering that... unless you don't really know your facts," Dilshaad replied calmly, a small smile adorning her face. Mr Bhatawdekar scowled a little before signalling to Dolly to answer her.

"Ma'am, during our first visit here, Miss Farooqui had another nine days on her visa," Dolly informed Dilshaad, and Dilshaad patted her shoulder gratefully. She turned back to Mr Bhatawdekar importantly, the small smile turning into a knowing smile.

"And according to my calculations and your research, it's been only a week since Zoya joined the office, the very day of your first visit. Iska matlab hai... Zoya still has another two legal days in this country. Isliye, I would like to invite everyone here... except for maybe those two men who've obviously gotten into some trouble, to my house tomorrow evening for my son's nikaah with Zoya Farooqui," Dilshaad invited happily, leaving out Vijay and Vinod who were scowling openly.

Mr Bhatawdekar clicked his tongue in annoyance, as he reached up to stroke his almost non-existent moustache as he fell into deep thought. He finally shrugged and nodded, admitting defeat. The woman made sense.

"Theek hai, kal milenge. Dolly, take the address down. We'll definitely come by to check, so please keep some food for us too," Mr Bhatawdekar joked lamely towards the end, earning absolutely no laughter from his audience. He shrugged again, and turned to walk out of Dilshaad Constructions, with Dolly hot on his heels.

"Hey excuse me. These two still have to be arrested. Here're the emails as proof," Zoya reminded the police officers, who were about to walk out behind Mr Bhatawdekar. They laughed at their own silliness before nodding and handcuffing both Vijay and Vinod, dragging them out of the office as they shot ice glares at whoever was in sight. Everyone stood still in their places for a moment, after the police officers had left, as they stared at each other awkwardly.

"So is the party still on...?" Mrs RK asked tentatively, pointing at an uncut cake still sitting forlornly on a lone table. A round of laughter immediately ensued, as people began nodding and moving to the table, leading Anu to the head of it to carry out the cake-cutting session.

"We need to talk, immediately after this," Zoya whispered to Asad as they stood behind the crowd and clapped politely to the birthday song that everyone had erupted into. Asad nodded in agreement, before turning back to the celebrations, where Anu has cut a slice of the cake and was feeding it to Monica, Narges and RK, before turning to Zoya and asking her to come forward as well. Asad watched Zoya smile and walk forward, and he stared blankly at her back, trying to make sense of what had just happened. But he really couldn't. What had he just done?!

XXX

Sorry not that long, but I have to run in a bit, so I'm just posting what I managed to get out (:
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
first
Ajj mein wapas first. This is what happens when I just check in to see what u are doing on the thread...lol

Lovely...poor kids are getting married tomorrow and they don't even know it until they were invited.

Please get them married.

And Congrats on winning. I knew u had to win those two...

Rivs
Edited by QueenOfMyCastle - 10 years ago
sasir thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awww.
awesome.
  u updated.
yippeee.
 loved it
rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Loved prasad...and his eagerness to help his boss..
Dilshad happy to hear that both are engaged
And doesn't losea sec to see them married...
DB. ..at his best..
Awesome update...

asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice update
No engagement direct marriage that's great
Continue soon
Thanks
rajnid68 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail