Re-opened OS: LOVE: ON TRIP

coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Namaste! Read. Enjoy. Leave your thoughts.

This is a part of LOVE series: Check out my signature for other stories.

Love: On Trip

The occasional wind that blew from the window made her snuggle a little more into her blanket even more. She need not do anything and laze around in her room all day. No assignments. No work. She floated in the light air and she could feel her heavy lids and breathe settling her for another happy round of sleep. She woke up in the morning to realize it was a holiday and the after sleep is just heaven.

Suddenly, she felt being pulled back to the ground. She was falling. No.

"KHUSHI!" That shrieky voice. Oh no. The Rakshas's voice. Her one and only arch enemy.

"SLEEPY HEAD! It is 7 in the morning. "Wake up!" he shouted in her ear.

I hate him.

I hate him.

Let him shout, I don't care.

I'm going to sleep some more.

But all her thoughts were futile. He leaned in closer to her ear and chanted "wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up...

That's it.

Her eyes shot open and the first thing she did was pull his hair.

"Can't you let me sleep! How dare you come into my room?" she yelled. But he effectively ducked and sat on her bed shielding himself with his arms.

"My Darling sister. I understand your issue. You want to sleep die. But Point to be noted, everyone is ready, and Nani just rang up to inform that they started. Henceforth, my sister, I inform you to just move your ass out of the bed." Gaurav started pulling on the quilt, which, Khushi caught as if her life depended on it.

Gaurav was three years younger to her. It wasn't a big deal to tell whether the brother-sister duo is at home or not. It was like an active warzone.

"Gabbar, don't let me pour water on you, now, come on, wake up," he chuckled as he saw her wrap herself into the blanket even more.

"MAAA!!!" she shrieked as she watched him pick the bottle that was kept on the nightstand.

She stood up on the bed and pounced on him and once again, pulled his hair. Well, that was the safest bet as he was too cautious about his so-called handsome locks otherwise he was too strong for her.

"MAMAAA!!!!" Khushi shrieked.

"Argh!!! No. Khushi NOO" he yelled as he tried to push her away.

"What have I done to you, haan? Why in the world do you irritate me?" Khushi yelled as she started kicking him.

"My hair. Remove your dirty claws," he attempted to duck and meanwhile tried to pry her hands away.

The door opened to her room and Arnav sighed in displeasure.

"What the," he groaned.

He very well knew he must stop it or else he would witness two violent deaths. NO.

"Khushi!! Gaurav...Stop," he called out to them but no use, they were so indulged in their fight that they didn't notice a 6 feet man standing in the room.

Some nonsensical shouts followed and there is only a limit to which one can take their fight.

"STOP," he yelled. That did it. They both paused. He smiled triumphantly.

"Arnav..." Khushi smiled at him but her annoyance returned as she saw the subject of her hate stood so close.

"Arnie!!! Oh, man, you are here" Gaurav tried to almost run only to be caught by Khushi.

Arnav shook his head. God. He was witnessing this since he developed consciousness. His best friend Khushi Kumari Gupta was a violent and wild one. Definitely scary. Only he knows how to control her at times. Maybe.

"Guys Seriously!!!" he said lifting his brow. He walked closer and pried them apart.

"No ways I'm letting that ass breathe today," Khushi charged again.

"Seriously Khushi! Nani is waiting downstairs and you are killing this poor fellow" Arnav caught hold of her, and Gaurav sprinted across the room.

Her jaw dropped. "He...I mean IS HE A POOR FELLOW?" she asked him.

Arnav hid his smile. Okay, Gaurav Gupta was a handsome hunk and he was the best prank partner Arnav could ask for. Of course, second to Khushi. Irritating Khushi was the best thing they always did. But right now, he should put an end to this.

"Gaurav, get out, " Arnav said.

Gaurav looked at him and then at his sister and setting his hair smirked at his sister.

"Look sister! I've got fans here, and hey, Arnav, tell your best friend not to involve in my business" with that he walked out.

She was shocked and charged towards Gaurav only to be stopped by Arnav.

"Look at his audacity,"

"You dash dash dash dash dash...," Khushi yelled behind her brother who strode away in style.

Arnav looked amused. Deciphering his best friend was a task in itself.

With the busy schedules, an itch to escape the schedule encouraged the Guptas and Raizadas for a weekend getaway to the nearest hill station, 6 hours away. However, an uninvited accompany was the Kashyaps. Not really uninvited, but Khushi loathed Lavanya Kashyap. To an extent that it hurt her head to come up with new gaalis and weird ways to see the death of her.

The reason for hatred was Arnav. Yes, Lavanya threw herself on her best friend and she declared herself his girlfriend. Arnav stayed mum all through. So, he was of no help. Whenever she would bring the topic, he would say Ignore her'. Well, she tried but failed utterly.

So, the trip was not looking so forthcoming to Khushi. She exactly knew what was coming.

So, the safe bet was she should peel away Lavanya from Arnav at least through the journey. But that fit for nothing brother changed the plans and invited Lavanya to travel with them. So, Arnav, Anjali, Payal, Lavanya, Akash & Gaurav were taking one car and the rest in another two cars. With Arnav driving, Lavanya seamlessly found her way to the next passenger seat. She had to sit with Anjali and Payal in the middle, and Akash, Gaurav & NK took the backseat.  

That's it. After 10 minutes of Lavanya's Oh, Arnav you are awesome,' Oh, Arnav you are this and that...' She plugged her headset and tried to doze off to the music.

She wondered somewhere if Arnav liked her and that's why he let Lavanya play along. She shuddered with that thought. No.

The hard reality that she realized very recently is that she cannot imagine her life without Arnav. She tried to confess jovially to understand what his take was on that, and indeed he laughed, hard. Although she was hurt, she didn't let that show.

The journey lasted with Khushi trying to sleep, capture pictures, read books and chat, importantly not let Lavanya affect her holiday.

They were welcomed with the heavy rain. So, they decided to rest after the long journey and meet for dinner.

After dinner, the rain subsided and hence, they set a bonfire and camped around. All the elders went to gossip and catch up on some drinks.

"How about we play Truth and dare?" NK suggested.

How lame. Khushi thought. He was not growing up at all since all of them agreed she decided to play and not create a scene.

They put an empty bottle and started rotating it. It stopped in front of Gaurav and NK.

Gaurav smiled wickedly.

"Sooo, NK. Choose," Gaurav drawled rubbing his hands in gleam.

"Hmm...Truth." NK appeared to know what was about to come.

"What was the most secret thing that only I know?" he said.

NK looked at Gaurav throwing daggers.

"That, I having a crush" NK was carefully weighing words before answering.

"Woah!!" all wolf whistled and as curious as everyone was with who, do we know her, etcetera, NK was clever enough to say only one question. Internally he prayed, he would take a dare next time.

"Now stop it and move," he said irritated. Bachu even I'll get the time. He thought.

Now it again turned and then stopped. It was in front of Anjali and Arnav.

"Chotte. Choose. Truth or Dare," Anjali beamed as if waiting for this chance since forever.

"Truth," Arnav said.

"Hmm. Tell me if I ask you to choose one of the girls to date then whom would you?" Anjali asked smirking.

"What the! What sort of a question is that?" he asked.

Khushi, however, felt her heart thump in speed.

"Chote tell me".

"Lavanya," he said looking straight at Lavanya who was practically jumping in joy and who was now on the way to peck his cheek. Khushi sighed. Well, somewhere she knew this was bound to happen. Why would he choose her? She was friend zoned long before she fell in love with him.

She felt a tug at her heart and the lightly misty tears tried to escape, which she effectively blinked back, thanks to the darkness.

The crowd fell silent and the next minute they were roaring, clapping.

There was one more person sitting right next to her who knew it. Gaurav. He caught her hand silently wishing not to feel what she felt. That was totally unexpected. No words required. Her brother understood her, and she didn't argue. She brought back her smile and tried her best to concentrate on everything but that little heart-shattering moment.

Whom was she kidding? It was harder done than said. She knew she wasn't that red pumps and short dress girl. She was way too Tom-boyish. She wished her heart would understand it soon for better.

When they finally ended the game. All of them dispersed. Lavanya hanging to Arnav's bicep and everyone teasing. She waited till all disappeared and stood there watching the moonlight and then she closed her eyes. No Khushi. DO NOT CRY. She said it to herself and probed her head to think about Arnav's happiness, about other prospective guy's. She walked till the corner and sat on the rocks watching the beauty that was painted by nature. It was some sort of calming dote to her right now.

She felt someone's presence. She knew it. Her Brother. She looked up at him. What? Her eyebrows shoot up in questioning to which he simply smiled and settled beside her.

"My DIDI needed me," he said not looking at her and all hell broke loose as she cried in his arms. He gently caressed her hair. No words exchanged. Deep down, she knew it. Her brother would be there with her through thick and thin. No matter how much they fought. This was the beauty of their relationship. They would rile each other up, annoy to the core and yet cannot live without each other.

"Stop it! Gabbar," he sighed.

"See. If you cry like this then I'd start thinking you are a girl," he said as he earned a slap on his leg making him chuckle. She smiled. She was at peace after her profuse crying session.

"You love him. Don't you?" he asked.

"I don't know what you are talking about," she spoke in between her sniffs.

"Oh, really! Khushi, you know what it's high time that rascal realizes it," he said.

"What?" she sniffed.

"Khushi. He should understand that you love him or else that thick-headed fellow will never know it," he tried to convince her. She smiled at her brother's simple logic.

It was not that way. She didn't want to look like a fool. His laughter when she confessed in humor still rang in her ears reminding very well that it is not going to work.

"NO, N.O." she was clear on that.

"Khush...,"

"No, listen. I like him but he doesn't, and I do not want to be a majnu," she said as she sat now with her legs folded.

"Are you serious?" he said.

"Yup, like clear water serious," she smiled affirmatively.

"I'm going to forget him. I know that he has stuff for Lavanya, and ..and I just can't help liking him," she said.

"Because... because he is my bestie," she said this more to herself.

"Yo, sister. You have become one hell of a grown-up,"

"Shut up Dumbo," she chuckled.

"But..." he started again.

"The END to this," the seriousness in her tone convinced him.

"Fine...," he grumbled.

They both sat there silently. Then she asked.

"Hey! What about your well-wisher?" she asked him, recollecting the letter he got two days back. A Love letter to be precise, to which she laughed her heart out. The girl seemed to have clarity in her life, apparently.

Looking straight ahead, a smiled adorned on his face.

"She really loves you, doesn't she?" she asked.

"Not exactly. She loves my hair I suppose. Girls generally go GAGA over my hair" he smirked.

She giggled and then slowly turned to him.

"You know how much I love to nochofy your hair. I always had since you were a diaper baby," she said as she laughed.

"Khushi " he warned but soon he smiled.

She rested her head onto his shoulder.

"Thank's Bro," she said smiling at the moon.

"What for. If I count, then I'd be writing a book for all those times you were there for me. Anyways it's my duty you know," he said making her laugh.

She felt at peace.

Next morning they all planned to go hiking on a trail 40 minutes away. They reached the meeting point where they were all to assemble when suddenly Garima asked for Khushi. Where is Khushi?

She wasn't there.

"I didn't see her, I thought she was coming with you guys and that's what I told others," Gaurav said as he looked for her.

"What? Arnav boomed. He was thinking that Khushi was in the other car as they all dispersed.

The network wasn't reachable and hence, Gaurav and Arnav took a car and went back to look for her at the hotel.

"Let her be safe, I hope she isn't in trouble" Arnav kept mumbling, sweating profusely.

Gaurav saw the restlessness. "Arnav it will be alright.

As soon as they opened the door to the room, she was there sitting happily reading on some stupid novel.

Arnav's relief soon turned into something terrible. His ears grew red, his face was burning with rage, the rage he felt that he would lose her.

He pulled her from the chair and she jerked to look at him. Before she knew what was happening he jerked her hard through her shoulders, making her scream in pain. Her reading glasses fell off her.

Gaurav came rushing to him. Pulling at his collar and pushing Arnav away.

"Calm down, man," he said as he saw Khushi's eyes fill with tears out of frustration and confusion.

"STAY AWAY.GAURAV," Arnav said.

"No. You stay away Arnav Singh Raizada " Khushi yelled.

"Don't. How dare you? Who do you think you are, animal?" her rage knew no boundaries.

"Khushi. DAMN. IT... Do you have the slightest idea what I went through?" he shouted at her. Anger reaching another level when he found her relaxed and reading.

"What? What the hell are you talking about?" she asked rage and confusion combined.

"How could you not tell ME that you were HERE?" he yelled taking a step closer.

"WHAT? " She was confused genuinely. She already told Gaurav. Didn't she? That she was staying back.

"Why the hell do you care?"  she cried out as anger took the best of her.

"YES. I DO. I thought something bad happened to you," he said slowly and within no second she was crushed into him.

"Leave me alone." she tried to push him away. She was mentally having a war and upon that all these. She cannot take more of this torture.

"I LOVE YOU," he said the next minute her breath stuck in her throat. He was in tears. That one moment when he thought he almost lost her. He hugged her tight. This I love you was different. Not the general, bro, I love you for doing my assignment or general friendly love you.

She didn't budge. "NO," she said more to herself rather than him.

"What?" he asked her as he moved a little to look at her.

" You can't be. You love Lavanya. Don't you?" she said looking straight into his eyes.

"What?" he almost laughed.

"Don't act innocent. I know it," she said adamantly.

He smiled." It was all a plan to make you jealous," he said looking into her eyes.

"WHAT?" she cried out loud.

"Yes. HIS IDEA" he said looking at Gaurav.

Khushi turned her gaze towards Gaurav. She came out of Arnav's arms.

Uh-huh! Gaurav thought.

"Khushi I'll explain, he said moving back.

"So, it was you. You were the one who played all this drama. You trapped me, manipulated me, you cheated me," she advanced towards him. He stepped back.

"You didn't tell them that I was staying back here," she said walking even faster.

"WHAT? You told HIM?" Arnav asked confusion wretched on his face.

She nodded.

What the!

Arnav didn't walk, he sprinted and so did Gaurav. He quickly shut the door and latched the door from outside and held the knob.

'Gaurav you are double dead' he thought.

HAHA.

"Gaurav open the door Damn it!" Arnav knocked.

"No, sir. First, listen. This was my plan to bring you together and once you promise me not to touch a single hair of mine. Then I'd think to open" he said arrogantly.

"Gaurav," Khushi banged.

"Okay, guys Enjoy. I've got a call" with that he ran for his life.

Phew. Mission Accomplished.

Arnav turned to her and then she looked at him. He sighed and then pulled her for a hug.

"I love you," he told her.

She was silent. "Khushi? I'm waiting" he said.

"I Don't" she was clear.

"What?" he was surprised.

"Apologize, " she said.

"For?" he raised his brow.

"For doing all that crazy, let's make Khushi jealous and let's make out with Lavanya thing," she said pushing him away.

"Yes. I've got a better idea rather than apologize itself" his eyes glinted in mischief.

He stepped forward to pull her but she ran away.

"Khushi, what the, come here,

"Apologize, she screeched as she launched onto his back.

He threw her on the bed and turned to her.

He looked at her and felt a sense of belonging. Well, they were meant to be and he noted to listen to Gaurav's stupid dramatic plans from now on.

He waited for this so long. To hold her and tell how much she meant to him, not like a friend but more than that.

He inched closer and blew on the lips slightly and she closed her eyes and that very second, he took her lips into a scorching sensual kiss, sealing the deal, forever.

Indeed, the trip marked the beginning of their journey.

😉

There you go. The reopened and slightly edited version. Read and let me know.

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolie001 thumbnail

thank you
..Gunjan.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
So sweet nd cute
In this one more than arshi i like khushi and her brother's relationship <3 cute crazy sibilings
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome OS 👏
Continue this series of OS 
I wonder where will Arnav and Khushi fell in love with each other next. 
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Javeria3991

Awesome OS 👏

Continue this series of OS 
I wonder where will Arnav and Khushi fell in love with each other next. 

sure buddy..😊
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Gunjan..

So sweet nd cute
In this one more than arshi i like khushi and her brother's relationship <3 cute crazy sibilings

yep I emphasised their relation
tanurocks thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
a cute one..
loved gaurav's mischievousness

arshi love... 
Sona257 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Totally loved it!
And gaurav is such a naughty!!.. well he did the right thing .. arshi are now together <3

I really love ur OSes!.. plss don't make us wait so long for the next one :D

I'm now eagerly looking forward for the next OS hihi..
Edited by Sona257 - 10 years ago
serina087 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
cute one :) first i was sad dat he like lavanya...liked the new character gaurav too...plsss update ur ff love from teens..im always stalking it...
Downhill thumbnail
simply fabulous
loved it;'