life is going fine for all the couples in love
just sonam and rishi need to make a move
well they still have time naa
cheers for pm
Ashavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
lovely update...
finally things have started 2 fall in2 perfection...
wow Payal delivered a baby boy and Anjali s pregnant...
happy that Anjali had her surgery done and can walk properly nw...
it was an awesome journey for all the couples in the story...
hope Arjun confesses his love for Anjali soon...
awesome update...
update soon...
Asrkkgsr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
aweslme.finally all settled in their life.looking forward for soham rishi marriage
farha623 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
aw perfect honeymoon

loved it
sanjanaseth1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
wonderful chapter dear...
loved it... amazing!!!
thanks for such a looong update...!
and also for the pm!
xMIC.Dropx thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update
enjoyed the whole update
waiting for next one
update soon
thanks for pm
Dreamy24 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely! And Happy Birthday ðŸ˜ƒ
summaiyasayed thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
awesome updt
archa2810 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Hello everyone. First of all, I wish u and ur family a very HAPPY DIWALI. May the glow of joy, prosperity & happiness illuminate ur days in the year ahead.

This is my third last update in this story. Just two more posts and I'll give a closure to KDHITIM. U have been a beautiful bunch of readers who have motivated me to write this story for the last one & a half year. Thank u so much for everything.

This update has a lot of Arjun & Anjali but u all know that I don't ignore my other characters. So u can definitely give it a shot.

Special thanks to all of those who gave me some beautiful picture edits. I loved them all. Thanks a lot. ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š

Now, without any further delay, here is the chapter.

Chapter 58

Anjali's pregnancy was the most important topic nowadays for Anjali's family as well as Arjun's. She was not allowed to b alone for even a moment. She was pampered a lot n sometimes this extreme attention would irritate her too.

Payal was totally enjoying herself watching Anjali annoyed due to so much attention. It was like payback time as when Payal was expecting, she too was showered this much attention n whenever she complained, Anjali would side with the others n tell her to deal with it. Now it was her turn. Revenge is sweet!!

Akash was the happiest person when he would see his son smiling at him when he would return after a long day at work. Little Piyush had the whole family wrapped around his pinky finger. They would take turns to hold him, play with him, even change his nappy and Akash felt happy that his son was the cause of this happy atmosphere at home. He had no words to thank Payal for this beautiful gift, his little bundle of joy. Piyush would smile his toothless smile whenever he would see his Papa around him. He would extend his little arms, asking his Papa to lift him and the cute sound from Piyush would b enough to make Akash forget the whole tiredness. Arnav too loved Piyush like his own son but wanted to give his relation more time before thinking of giving Piyush a little cousin.

Arjun had become too protective since the day he came to know about the pregnancy five months ago. He would accompany Anjali for her every check-up n ask hell lot of questions from the doctor. Anjali felt happy to see this care in his eyes for her but she would get irritated too.

There was a lot of change in Arjun as he had become very patient in all these months. He would bear all the tantrums of his wife, fulfill all her cravings, and assure her that she's beautiful when she felt conscious about herself. He would pamper her with gifts as well as take her out frequently so that he could give her some time exclusively.

Arnav & Khushi would visit Mehta Mansion as well as Arjun & Anjali frequently and these visits were always light-hearted and the most enjoyable family time for them. Rohan had made some changes in the house n added a connecting door between Malhotra House & Mehta Mansion so that they could come to see Anjali any time without actually bothering to come through the main gates. Later, this idea was copied by Raizadas too as NK liked it a lot n as he insisted, Arnav complied.

Anjali was sure that Arjun will make a perfect father, the way he cared for the baby even before her birth. Yes, Anjali wanted a baby girl, a cute little princess for Arjun. Arjun too wanted the same but Anjali would always say that it will b a baby boy, just to tease him.

Another two months passed. Anjali's god bharai was a grand function and Arjun had stayed by her side throughout the function to make sure that she' fine. He would make sure that she ate well, had her medicines, doesn't over-exert herself and is well rested. He was looking forward to the day when he would hold the baby in his arms. The doctors had told them that morning that the delivery date is around 7 weeks later.

Anjali was asked to come to RM for the delivery but she refused. The family tried hard to make her understand that they would take good care of her n the baby but she was adamant.

Anjali (to Nani): My husband is more than capable of taking care of us Nani. I want to stay here. I want him next to me when the baby comes. I know u all care for me n there will b the whole family to make sure that m alright. But Arjun is enough for that. If he's there with me, I'll b fine anywhere in the world. I really want to b here, at my home. Please don't make me say no again n again.

After that, they stopped saying anything on the matter.

Arnav & Khushi were staying at Malhotra House since last one week as they did not want Anjali to b alone even for a moment. Anjali was calm & happy and was just counting days before the delivery date. Khushi would give her company the whole day while Arjun & Arnav were at work.

It was a day before the tentative date given by the doctor. They just had their dinner. Anjali was feeling a bit restless but she tried to calm down. She had a very light dinner. She did not feel like eating anything but Arjun would have jumped into a panic mode had she told him that she's feeling restless.

As they retired for the night after chit-chatting for a while, Anjali decided to walk a bit in fresh air. Arjun had gone in the washroom to freshen up n change for the night. Suddenly Anjali felt severe pain. She tried to bear it hoping that the pain would subside in some time but as she felt the wetness, she knew that it was time. She screamed in pain n the next moment, Arjun was next to her.

Arjun had just come out of the washroom and as he saw Anjali, he knew that something was wrong. He immediately went towards her & held her to make her steady. As soon as he touched her and saw her expressions, he understood the situation n lifting her in his arms, he hurried towards the door to leave for hospital.

Arnav & Khushi too had heard the commotion and as they saw Arjun taking Anjali towards the main door, they understood and followed.

Arjun (opening the car door & settling Anjali while talking to Arnav): There is a bag in my room. Get that bag n other essentials we might need. I'll take her with me. U guys follow in the other car.

Saying this, he hurried to the other side n started the car. He had no idea how many traffic rules he had broken that day. Within ten minutes, they had reached the hospital n the rest was a blur as the doctors n staff immediately took Anjali to the OT. Arjun was sitting on a chair outside the OT. He was very nervous. He was waiting for some news about Anjali that could assure him that she was fine. His mind was giving him worse scenarios n he realized that he could not think of a life without Anjali now. He was waiting for the baby for so long but at that moment, he was least concerned about the baby. He just wanted to keep Anjali safe n even after knowing that everything is normal as the doctor had informed them during their last scan two days ago, he was worried.

Within next twenty minutes, the whole family was there next to Arjun, waiting for any news. The nurse came out and the whole family surrounded her asking her about Anjali.

Nurse: Mrs. Anjali is perfectly fine. She wants to see her husband.

Nani encouraged Arjun to go inside and with hesitant steps, he entered the OT.

Anjali was lying on the operation table in a pale green hospital gown. As soon as she saw Arjun, she extended her hand towards him. Arjun took her hand and kissed it softly.

Anjali: Why r u so scared?? M fine.

Arjun (in a teary voice): I can't lose u Anjali.

Anjali (smiling lightly): U won't lose me Arjun. We r here so that we can take our baby home. M perfectly fine, n so is the baby. Stop worrying.

Arjun (lightly kissing her forehead): I love u.

Anjali was ecstatic the moment she heard those words. This was the first time Arjun had been vocal about his feelings towards her. This moment was stored in her memory as the most beautiful moment of her life. What could b better than hearing her husband confess that he loves her when she was about to deliver his baby!!

Anjali: I want u to stay here with me, to b the first person to hold our baby.

Arjun just nodded with teary eyes, finally feeling light as he had told her what he was suppressing for so long. He stayed with her in the OT, encouraging her to follow the doctor's instructions, holding her hand, giving her strength & support, talking to her, trying to ease her pain. After almost two hours, they heard the sound of the baby crying. The family waiting outside was relieved but the new parents had no words to describe what they felt at that moment.

Arjun (kissing her forehead & smiling proudly): U did it sweetheart.

Anjali (smiling widely): WE did it.

It was a baby girl n as the nurse wrapped her in a soft towel n gave her to Arjun, he felt so proud. He had this urge to protect her from every harsh thing. He kissed the baby on her head n brought her to Anjali so that she could see her.

Anjali had tears in her eyes as she saw her little one snuggled in her father's arms. She could not remember if there had ever been a more beautiful moment in her life.

As soon as Arjun came out of OT, the whole family took turns to congratulate him. They were very happy that Anjali was fine and the baby was healthy. After some time, Anjali was shifted to a private room n the whole family came to see Anjali who was sitting on the bed wrapped in her husband's loving embrace. Nobody teased the couple as they could understand what they must b feeling. As soon as the nurse brought the baby in the room, everyone started fighting for turns to hold the baby.

Akash & Payal watched from a distance as the whole family took turns in holding the baby, remembering a similar race when Piyush was born. Sonam had outnumbered everyone as she held the baby n was playing with her.

The family's attention was suddenly turned towards Piyush as he started twisting n moving in Akash's arms. Piyush was almost 11 months old now n had just started walking a bit. But if he would fall, he would start crawling n someone would have to make him stand so that he would walk. He also had started speaking a few words but still could not from complete sentences. Therefore, understanding whatever he would speak was more of a guess.

Piyush (squirming): Papaaa... Mammaa... Kaka... Lena... Kaka

(Piyush)

Payal took Piyush and brought him close to the baby.

Piyush stayed quiet for a few moments and then he gently brought his hand to touch baby's cheeks. When he did not get any reaction, he leaned closer towards the baby. Everyone was watching what Piyush was doing. They were still not sure what he wanted.

The next moment was totally unexpected. Piyush kissed the baby's cheeks n the baby smiled. Seeing her smile, he too smiled widely showing all the six teeth he had n then hid his face in Payal's neck. Everyone smiled watching the cute gesture of Piyush & then Sonam handed over the baby to Anjali.

(Anjali & Arjun's Baby Girl)

Sonam: Bhai, iska naam kya rakh rahe ho??

Anjali (hesitantly): Is it okay if I name her??

Arjun (smiling): She's ur daughter Anjali. Of course u can name her.

Anjali: I want to name her "Diya".

The moment she spoke those words, Arjun was shocked. He never expected something like this.

Arjun: Anjali, r u...

Anjali (holding & squeezing his hand): Arjun, I have thought a lot about it. This is just my way of thanking Diya for gifting her life to me. I don't want to replace her in ur life. I know I have my own place. But somewhere in my heart, I know that u still love her. N this way, I won't have any issues if u love Diya more than me.

Arjun: Is that the real reason??

Anjali (sighing): This is just my small tribute to the most loving & beautiful person she was. Please Arjun.

Arjun just nodded n kissed the baby's forehead accepting the name for her.

Everyone left the couple alone so that they could rest after a very emotionally draining experience.

RM

Arnav's Room

Khushi was sitting on the bed ready for bed as Arnav came out after changing. She was lost in her thoughts n did not notice Arnav.

Arnav (wrapping his arms around her): Not fair Mrs. Raizada. I think I'll have to do something. I've started losing my charm. See, u didn't even notice me.

Khushi smiled n hugged him back.

Khushi: I was thinking about baby Diya. Dii is very strong Arnav. It was a very bold move naming her baby as Diya.

Arnav: Dii knows how to handle herself. N m proud of her.

Khushi: Me too.

Arnav (mischievously): So?? What is the plan now??

Khushi (getting his meaning n playing along): Well. I don't mind. But didn't u say u want to wait for some time??

Arnav (with a wink): But we can practice, can't we??

Khushi blushed and gave into the desire she had read in her husband's eyes n was reciprocated in her eyes as well.

Anjali was discharged after three days. There was a grand welcome of the baby. Arjun had designed a beautiful nursery for Diya. When Anjali came, she ordered a wall size portrait of deceased Diya for baby Diya's room. Arjun asked her about it but she just said that she wanted her baby to know her Badi Maa too along with her parents. Arjun had no words to explain what he felt when he heard Anjali's words. His respect towards Anjali had grown manifolds after this.

Days passed and the babies were growing up. Piyush was very much attached to Diya. Payal & Akash would visit Anjali & Arjun frequently as Piyush would start crying every evening if he was not taken to play with Diya. If not his parents, then his Bade Papa Arnav & his Badi Maa Khushi would take him. He would sometimes accompany his NK Chachu & Sapna Chachi too. Anjali & Arjun too visited RM frequently.

In the next one year, there were two more additions in the form of NK's daughter Mansha & Rohan's son Samar (Sam).

Finally Arnav & Khushi too decided that it was high time to think about a baby and Khushi was expecting. Things had finally turned out beautifully for all.

Arnav made sure that Khushi had no such desire which was left unfulfilled. He would agree to all her rational-irrational demands, pamper her to no end, bear all her tantrums & emotional blackmails, and fulfill all her cravings. He had his hands full with a busy professional life and a roller coaster personal life but he was not complaining. He was content in the knowledge that he would b having a little version of Khushi or himself in his arms soon. He wanted to live his childhood again with his baby, watch the baby grow, his first step, his first word, everything. He wanted to give the baby all the luxuries along with a lot of his time & attention which he had craved for all his life. Khushi understood this need and never questioned him when he got something for the baby. She was happy to see him so excited n somewhere felt elated that she was the reason behind this happiness.

The best part of their day was when before sleeping, Arnav would talk to the baby in Khushi's womb, telling him all the happy stories about his childhood n also about Khushi & him.

The baby's birth was a very emotional moment for Arnav & Khushi. Holding the little one still felt like living a dream. The feeling of parenthood took some time to sink in but it was the most beautiful feeling they felt.

Mami ji (teasing): Arnav Bitwa, till now Akash Bitwa called u Bhai. Ur sons have reversed the roles. Now ur baby will call Piyush "Bhai". The others laughed while Arnav smiled affectionately at his new born along with a nearly two n a half year old Piyush who was looking at the baby in awe. They named the baby ARUSH SINGH RAIZADA.

One and a half Year Later

It was Arnav & Khushi's third wedding anniversary. Arnav was getting ready in his room n Khushi was making Arush ready for the party. But little Arush was Junior ASR after all. He was throwing tantrums and it was getting hard for Khushi to handle her son.

Khushi (annoyed at Arnav): Stop decorating urself n handle him.

Arnav: Khushi, dress him up quickly. Everyone is waiting.

Khushi (fuming): He's ur son too. N he's behaving just like a junior Laad Governor right now. U handle him. M going to get ready myself.

Saying this, she handed over Arush to Arnav n left for the washroom without listening to Arnav's "What the!!".

Arush aping his father's "What the!!" brought Arnav out of his shock n Anav quickly turned his attention towards Arush.

Arnav: Buddy, why r u irritating mumma?? U know ur mumma is crazy.

As soon as he tried to make Arush wear the "Yellow" t-shirt chosen by Khushi, Arush threw it away.

Arnav: Ohk. So u don't like this dress??

Arush shook his head in a NO.

Arnav picked him up and brought him towards his clothes.

Arnav: What do u want to wear??

Arush immediately pulled out a white t-shirt with blue lines n blue half pants and happily gave it to Arnav, all the time grinning. Arnav made him wear that n in no time, Arush Singh Raizada was ready. When Khushi came out, she was surprised to see a cheerful Arush playing happily with a soft ball along with Arnav. She adored the bond the duo shared n after the final touch ups, they left for the party downstairs.

It was a grand party and all the guests were enjoying themselves. A 22 year old Sonam was busy playing with the kids while Rishi was admiring her from a distance.

Arnav & Khushi came next to Rishi along with Arush n Arnav put his hand around his shoulder.

Arnav: Nervous??

Rishi (nervously): I just hope she won't reject.

Khushi (assuring Rishi and making Arush drink some orange juice): She loves u. Of course she won't say no. Go ahead.

Arush leaned forward n kissed Rishi's cheek, leaving an impression of orange juice on his face. Khushi giggled n Arnav hid his smile.

Khushi (innocently): That was Arush's way of saying Good Luck.

Rishi (wiping his face): Thanks dude. I really need it today.

With that, he left to finally put his plan into action. Arnav & Khushi looked at each other n burst out laughing while Arush jumped in his father's arms happily, totally oblivious to the reason of his parents' amusement.

The party was going on full swing and suddenly the lights were turned off. Before someone could understand the reason of sudden power failure, a spotlight fell on Rishi & another on Sonam. Rishi walked confidently towards Sonam and gently took her hand in his.

Rishi (looking in her eyes): I had prepared a long speech for this moment, but right now, m totally blank.

Sonam just smiled, too shocked to react in any other way.

Rishi (finally starting to speak): Look Princess, I don't know if too early or if u r ready for this or not, but I have waited long enough for this & I think it's the right time. I love u Princess. I have loved u throughout my life, since the moment I actually realized that there r certain relations above the blood relations n different from friendship. I know u reciprocate those feelings but now I want to name the relation we share. We fight, we laugh, we cry, we play pranks but all these r no fun without u. I promise I won't let anything change between us, we'll still b the best of buddies, but along with that, we'll b the most trusted companions for each other. I want to spend my whole life fighting & making up with u. Will u comply?? (getting down on his knees) Marry me Princess. Share every moment of my life with me & let me share urs.

Sonam was silent, still savoring the words he had said, the words she had wanted to listen for some time now. Finally it was time.

Sonam: Not before u give me my ring.

Rishi smiled & took out a beautiful diamond ring from his pocket. He made her wear it n gently kissed the finger where the ring was placed. The next moment, Sonam was lifted in the arms of her lover boy who was spinning her round & round, finally happy that he took this step.

Everybody congratulated the newly engaged couple. Khushi, Payal, Sapna & Anjali were very excited. Finally, there was another wedding on the cards. The couple knew well that this announcement will create a lot of hype in the media but for tonight, they were happy to b away from all the limelight, secured in the cocoon of protection of their loved ones.

Arnav smiled seeing the two together. Finally, he returned the favor by encouraging Rishi for this proposal. He kissed his son lovingly as he saw the excitement of this new announcement in his family.

Precap for Ch 59:

A grand wedding.

Edited by archa2810 - 10 years ago