Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
EEdited by IPK007 - 9 years ago
AquaSandhya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Res
yes yes yesπŸ₯³

You know, the party emoticon above was for the first reserve but now I have changed my mind. I'm partying coz Arnav after all didn't sleep with that girl. How could he? The very reason why you seeked outside pleasure - he wanted to save a young girl from himself would be a lost cause if he had gone ahead and performed the act. But I must say I was surprised the girl admitted her age. Because normally they would pretend to be older and the patrons would never know.

Honestly, Jenny, I was prepared for the worst because such were the times. Marital fidelity was not high on the list in those times. It was indeed so rare that it was non-prevalent. But I'm so happy for Khushi and the I loved the way you plotted this.Ingenious.

So, Arnav plans to move out...why do I get the feeling he is not going to take Khushi with him? I maybe wrong...will wait and watch.

Khushi is a little cracker ...isn't she? What spirit and she wants a baby? to replace her doll? Awww...cho chweet... and she made Arnav laugh...this was suhc a feel good update. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Waiting for the day, when Khushi is gonna knock his senses off...

Edited by AquaSandhya - 10 years ago
kondhili thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Res 
Finally some answers Did He or Didn't He 

*Edited*
HE DIDN'T πŸ˜ƒyayaya you don't know how happy that makes me. Given the era where this story is based i had more or less consoled my heart that Arnabji might go ahead and DO IT. But he didn't and i loved his reasons for that. How could he go ahead and forget his pain, confusion, turmoil in the arms of a nubile 13 yr old girl when he had just reacted very strongly and put down his 14 yr old WIFE for the very same reason of being too YOUNG and still a child.

Poor lost confused child Khushi who wants to hold on to her Arnabji however she can and just wants to become a woman now. Though i will honestly confess that i did cringe when i heard thammi giving lessons to child khushi on how she should attract her husband but yes mindset of society during that era was quite different from now so i guess i am glad that Thammi took young khushi under her wings. 

Arnabji's apology just reinforces how much he is different from the men of those time. Imagine 'pati parmeshwar' apologising to his wife... pretty much unheard of during that time. 
I can just see Arnabji laughing his head out at the reason that his young child'woman' wife just gave him for moving into his room. 

A great update Jen...and i can't wait to read what is next up in store for Khushi and her Arnabji. 
Edited by kondhili - 10 years ago
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I still don't understand, did he or didn't he? 
Poor Khushi, she's such an innocent.
She has lot of growing up to do.
The girl who played ith a doll a few days ago, now wants a baby.

If Arnav goes away, will he take Khushi with him?
Or will h leave her behind with his grandmother?

Very interesting and well researched story, Jen.
You are the best at writing historical romances.
Edited by 1chilly - 10 years ago
Anupama. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Anu

edited-

life has so 'what ifs' that thinking of them is always pinching. What if the girl hadnt been 13? He would have had this 'brain wave'.. And would have gone ahead for his mind had justified having sex with another woman to fulfill his needs. His 'morals' though stopped him when he came to know of her age. I really dont if I am frustrated more now or would have been more if he would have gone ahead.

I really feel heartbroken for that 13 year old, trained to be coy.

Stunning chapter Jen! In terms of such emotions that you effortlessly plant.

She wants a baby! She has no idea what she is upto. Such is cruelty with which the idea of being a woman, pleasing her husband has been forced into her and the naive fool is enthusiastic about it..
Here i am happy and glad that its Arnab who is her husband and she is safe. :) :) i hope love finds a way amongst such circumstances which realistically had been the order of those times.Edited by Anupama. - 10 years ago
vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Page 2 πŸ˜” 
~Edit~

Jenny, I am now confused about my own feelings.. on one hand I hate to see Khushi having to grow up so fast.. sacrifice what she holds so dear. She should be worried about dolls and games, instead she is having to worry about pleasing her husband. But on the other hand, I see that the girl is in fact growing. I want her husband to notice her, I want her to take his breath away. I don't even know what is right to think and what isn't.. but such is the beauty of your story. One can see the bright and the dark aspects on both sides. 
So glad Arnav didn't sleep with the courtesan. However, it did pinch - the fact he stopped only because that woman was a child herself, and not because he felt like he was cheating on his wife. Well... such was that age. Fidelity was nonexistent in the moral code for the men of those times, isn't it ? Sigh.. 

She wants a baby to replace her doll? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.. Arnav is an honorable man at the end of the day and I hope he will be a good and kind husband to Khushi. He wants to move out? That is good, might help him get over his frustrations and helplessness. But I do hope he won't leave his wife behind? 

I am enjoying the way you are weaving this story.. the history, the culture, the characters and the plotting. Stunning 😊 
Edited by vgedin - 10 years ago
Anarocksick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Reserved.

Unres!

I understand your need to put up the note...although it's all but clear. it's so easy to see that arnab is simply different from the men of his age and time.
At the back of my mind, I knew arnab wouldn't go ahead and cheat on his wife, but such was the period that even if he had gone ahead and done it, I wouldn't have been surprised. A little hurt, yes. But to think of it, it couldn't even be called cheating as per say... Men of that time... They just did it as if it were something to do. It was something they had seen their fathers and friends do. So yes, while it can't be called cheating, a few people were always hurt along the way.

Poor Khushi. She makes me cry for her and then she makes me laugh! How innocent she is still. She wants a baby to replace her doll πŸ˜†
I simply love your Khushi. She's so brave and frank. I like how she never hides things. Her sufferings would have increased that way. I like how she shares everything with thammi and never fears opening up to her husband.

I feel arnab won't take Khushi along. But then, I can't be sure.

The last scene was lovely, Jen. Very lovely. Left me grinning. Just cannot wait for the next part.

A very well researched story this is. I want this to be a movie! Something like parineeta, you know? :-DEdited by Anarocksick - 10 years ago
dieforasr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
thank God...he didn't do it..😳 Ur writing reminds me S .C chattopadhya's stories...Especially Parineeta...Lalita was only 13...In his every story female protagonists were just like that...loved all of them...thanx to bring back the memories of those innocent loves...πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by dieforasr - 10 years ago
toeditor thumbnail
Res

Beautiful chapter Jenny...good that arnav has this conversation with khushi...her innocence is beautifully written...waiting for next update...
Edited by toeditor - 10 years ago
opsyellow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
πŸ˜ƒ
Sorry comment on pg 45!
Beautiful chapter!
Waiting for next one!Edited by opsyellow - 10 years ago