Meerya OneShot: Winners and Losers

act12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello Everyone! I am Jiya. I actually recently started watching this show. While I am still catching up with the show, I really started to enjoy the relationship that Meera and Aghastya shared. It was like love-hate-mutual understanding sort of thing. I really liked that. So, this idea came into my mind. This is purely fiction. Nothing too great. Just something random. The end is a bit altered from the show. I hope you guys like it. Please do let me know.

---------------------

Winners and Losers

Aghastya  Asthana was not indecisive. He knew and understood people. He did not think there was such a thing as shade of grey. A person was either good or bad. Of course, he was also someone who did not think that anyone was entirely good or bad. For him, it was the circumstances. Everyone held the capability to be good and/or bad and this is decided within seconds of taking a decision in the circumstance. Of course, that means that if a person who made too many negative decisions that harmed other people in some way was generally going to be bad for the rest of their miserable life. Based on their character, he dealt with them.

Take his dear bhabhi, for instance. She was a sweet lady. She was the type of lady that generally wanted good for everyone. He loved his bhabhi for being so simple and easy to understand. Therefore, he was nice to her. Nice. His kind of nice. He did not act selfishly towards anyone. Not that he thought that acting selfishly to anyone was a bad thing. All humans wanted something in their life. The winners always took the opportunity and grabbed what was rightfully theirs, no matter the amount of hardship and flattering the winner would need to bestow upon other people to get that opportunity. The losers, on the other hand, tried sometimes but gave up when it came to really trying hard for something. If being successful, and a winner, meant that he had to be selfish, then so be it.

Due to these reasons, he really liked Balraj. He was a winner. He tried hard for everything he had. He didn't stop because people gave him a hard time in the business. He had power, a power to rule someone's life whether that someone wanted it or not. It was precisely this reason that he also hated Balraj because part of being a winner meant that everyone around you is not as great as you. Balraj became an obstacle in his path to be a winner, therefore he was his rival in this goal.

That didn't mean that he didn't love people. He did. He loved his family. They were very dear to him. He made sure that they were protected when the need came, which usually was not needed seeing as the family had some of the strongest male figures to defend it.

He knew all of this. He knew what he wanted. He always got what he wanted, because he knew what he wanted so well. He wasn't like other people who sauntered about their life, still looking for what they wanted to do with their degree. He didn't need to 'explore' to know where he wanted to go in life. He had thought enough of what would make him a winner. He liked it that way.

However, there was a problem now. The problem was respectively named Meera. Why was she a problem, you may wonder? Well, she confused him. She was strange. It never took him this long to make a decision about someone's personality. When he had first met her, he thought she was a winner. The way she had warded off those guys and defended herself at their first meeting surprised him. She had held his gaze, challenging him. He knew from that sight that she was a winner. He had known right away that she was not from anywhere there. He had later approached her out of curiosity to see if he was right. Apparently, he had been. One thing that had really intrigued him was her spirit. She seemed so free. It was strange. Everyone seemed to carry some baggage, some drive. She didn't. She was simply there because she had wanted to be. He had wanted to talk to her more, but he had to return home since his bhabhi was sick at the hospital. That was more important.

He was very shocked to see her at his house. Warning alarms and a mild panic attack was certainly on the way for him. To think that the person who the girl was talking about stayed in the house! He had been even more shocked when the person who she talked of had turned out to be his brother. Gladly, there hadn't been any drama that day during the pooja, but he had seen the brief look on her face when she had collided into him as she ran out. The look of pain had shocked him. He didn't know what exactly to make of it. Hadn't she known that his brother was married? He caught himself from caring, and brushed it off to clear his mind. The event was irrelevant. There were more important things.

She had come into his house. Well, that had been very unexpected. He thought that when he saw her running away the other day, that that had been the end of her. He had hoped that it had been the end of her in that house. He didn't know what exactly it had been but she disturbed him. Maybe it was due to the fact that a part of him had wanted to believe that she is harmless. Or maybe, it was precisely this reason that he wanted her to stay away from the house. Or, maybe it was due to the fact that he had thought that she may destroy his family. He felt that it was his duty to protect their happiness - even if it had meant shielding them from the truth. However, this wasn't helping his plans. He knew that her arrival would cause distress, which he wanted to avoid. 

That's why he began to suspect her. She seemed like a winner. She seemed like someone who would get whatever she had wanted. And according to him, she had wanted recognition. Why wouldn't she? Anyone would. They had something people wanted - Wealth and Power. Anyone who wanted to be a part of the winner would. Winners are leaders, which he knew she was from the moment he has laid eyes on her. The point was that he had hoped and assumed the wrong things. It was not important what she had wanted when she came into the house again. It was more important that she got out soon. It was more important that she understood the fatality of her truth. Yes, that was more important.

He had made several attempts to talk to her but they seemed futile. However, he was not someone who gave up easily on things he wanted. He wanted to have a conversation with her and he would make sure that that happened no matter what it took. So, he cornered her. Again, he was confused. He had tried to warn her. He had tried to tell her to keep the truth from the family. And she had agreed. Why though? Why would anyone agree to do things that would not be in their profit? That didn't make sense. He hadn't been expecting that at all from her. She seemed like a winner. Why was she acting like such a loser? It didn't make any sense to him. It was simply this reason that he had begun to suspect her. This was until he heard her in her room, crying profusely and angrily at his brother. For the first time since his brother's death, he had felt anger at his brother. He had felt anger at his brother for subduing a person enough into making them a loser. She would lose the recognition that she had sought just because of his brother. Of course, this would make things easier for him, as he wouldn't need to be as wary of her anymore.

Therefore, he had insisted on taking her to the airport the next day. He had insisted on getting her address and phone number. He had insisted in everything, without really knowing why. He had wanted to comfort her when he went to the park, without realizing that it may seem suspicious. He didn't care. He wanted her to know that there is at least one person who appreciated her sacrifice of becoming a loser. He was shocked though when he realized that she, herself, had insisted on leaving. He had judged her wrong again. She wasn't a loser. She was getting her wishes of leaving the house and his brother's memories - which didn't make any sense to him. Didn't she want to be compensated? He shook himself out of this reverie. Her reason was not important as long as she was willing to go. Yes, that was more important.

His resolved shook again when he saw her being taunted by his relatives for answers. She seemed so shocked, as if she couldn't fathom how it all happened. It seemed very difficult for her. What completely cut through all of his resolves was the fact that she looked at him, a little hope evident in her eyes. It was as if he reacted to her request that he reached out to her without caring what his family might say. It was instinctive, and completely stupid on his part. However, he didn't care because that was no important.

Again, he had been so wrong in his judgments of her. He had thought that she had wanted to leave because she couldn't get what she had wanted. He had thought that her win would be due to her leave from here. However, when he had stayed by her side while she was unconscious, he heard her whisper that she hadn't meant to let them find out. He was shocked. Why had she cared so much? It was unnatural. She didn't even know his family. His family, the people who only taunted and yelled at her, didn't even think of listening to what she had to say. Yet, she just wanted them to hear her out and not be mad at her. She had wanted to let his bhabhi know that she hadn't meant to hurt or betray her. It didn't make any sense to him. He didn't know if she is a winner or a loser anymore. He was confused.

This was precisely what his thoughts were, as he dropped her off to the airport. She had just wanted them to hear her out. When they didn't let her speak, she had confided in Beeji. For now, this was enough for him. The way she had walked out of his life, she looked hollow. She had gotten the recognition but at the cost of her mini-relationship with the family. In literal terms, she was a winner. However, she looked shattered. It was strange but she had considered them a family for a brief moment. Parting from people you love, especially on bad terms, was especially hard.

Even now, Aghastya  Asthana did not understand her. What he understood was the fact that there was a slight hammering in his heart. There was a small lump in his throat. There was a brief feeling of loneliness. This was all in that one brief moment when he saw her walk out of his life. Yes, she was strange. Perhaps, he had been a little single-minded. Perhaps, not everything is about winning and losing. Perhaps, there is a shade of grey. He would eventually find out. The most important thing was that someone managed to teach him a lesson.

---------------------------

Here is something close to character analysis, except the characters are not really like the characters in the show. I just thought it would be interesting to write him like this lol. Please do let me know what you guys think πŸ˜Š

Edited by act12 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ablazedmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wow its a beautiful one-shot Jiya πŸ‘

I love the way you gave your own interpretations to the moments Agasthya and Meera had. Amazing will be an understatement its beyond amazing. loved Agasthya's character and his inner turmoil which he is unable to resolve is so beautiful in the story. 

Meera and Agasthya's connection is intriguing and your interpretation makes it intriguingly more beautiful πŸ€—

Edited by ablazedmelody - 11 years ago
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think you were spot on :) 
Although he may not feel the "attraction" towards her but there is something that is pulling the two together
I hope today we get Meerya scenes !
Quietude thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
You are brilliant girl πŸ€—

A wonderful one-shot very well written

Loved how each of those moments brought confusion in his mind πŸ‘

Hoping to read more OS from you 😊
Edited by Quietude - 11 years ago
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

FIRST OFF,

WELCOME TO THE AWESOME BRKD FORUM JIYA !!

(YOU MAY NEED TO WEAR SUNGLASSES heheπŸ˜‰)

Couldn't agree more with what ablazedmelody  says about your "beyond-amazing-beyond-intriguing-OS"  "Winners and Losers" πŸ‘β­οΈπŸ‘β­οΈ

Girl, you are a born writer! What a piece! What an observation! What an imagination! What a consistency in thought process!  

Will have to take time and ruminate over your 1st OS because it truly deserves discerning comments.

But in the meantime, do continue with OS/FF because this soap deserves more than accolades in the form of such wonderfully analytical story. Kudos girl !!πŸ€—

starsanjana thumbnail
firstly welcome to the forum and...this was absolutely amazing...i loved it...i hope that u would be writing more in our forum!!!!u are a great writer
yehdil028 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
welcome to the forum jiya the oneshot written by you is brilliant.  superb writing style and the descriptions of meera in agasthya's mind and his feelings reached to me very well in the oneshot. you should join as the writer in the show. 
act12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you everyone for the lovely reviews. Thank you for such a warm welcome! I will surely try to come up with something else soon. This show is amazing and I want to write something good for this show :)

So until next time, take care.

Ciao,
Jiya
surita12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
one of the best OS ive ever read
hope 2 read more meeeya OS from.u