Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RK612 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Wonderful update. Waiting to read the next part. Thanks for the pm.

abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
From the author's desk: Hello people, As promised, here is the next update... Thanks for commenting and liking my work...
Happy reading to all of you... hope you like this update... I had so much fun writing this...
Warning- it is highly dramatic- just like our very own Kushi! and as much as I tried this is a pretty long update too... I dont hear any compliants there though😉

The next morning, Kushi stood at the entrance to the hospital with Happy.

"Father is getting discharged today afternoon"

"I know Kushiji' But can't you rethink what you are about to do now?"

"You think I am doing something wrong?" She asked him, then slowly added "I have never acted to my father' ofcourse this is wrong' But this is only a drama right? He wouldn't be that mad if he comes to know later'"

"You should have talked to him' I didn't mean to offend you- I only thought.. Why this way?" Happy told quickly as she looked at the man next to her. They were acquainted only in the last ten days- but they have instantly become very good friends - She was surprised that people like Happy still existed in this world. He had not only been a good friend, but also a moral supporter during her time of crisis.

"I didn't take any offense" She assured him "I know my father.. He will not do anything that would damage me' The only reason why I agreed to this was that Mr.Raizada is in dire need of those papers' and Father is in dire need to meet Mr.Raizada' Its only that I thought the sooner I get over this the better' and also thinking back, I have tried hard for two times to make my father and Mr.Raizada meet.. everytime there was something that would stop them. This way, they will finally get to meet' and moreover this is nothing serious right? If Father was hiding something very important, this would force him to speak out.. Mr.Raizada will finally know that my father was not what he thought him to be" Kushi told as she herself was surprised at how much Arnav's opinion about her father mattered to her.

"What about Vikrant's case?"

"That is still a mystery Happy ji' That is something between me and father' I will talk to him later"

"There they are" Happy told as she turned to see Arnav and Roy approaching them.

As the greetings were shared, Arnav looked for any worries or concerns about her face, but Kushi was determined to mask her face to all those emotions. He sighed before Roy handed over the document to Happy to give a glance. Kushi remained unusually silent as Happy went through the document and then looked confusedly at Arnav

"Arnav ji but this document..." Happy asked

"There are two documents in there- One saying that we are getting into this deal for purely business purposes and there are no legal attachments or connections whatsoever between us" Arnav briefed them "and the other one talks about us getting married legally"

"What?" Kushi asked him shocked "But'"

"And there is only one which will be legally registered- the other one is merely for your father' I think I don't have to tell you which one will be a registered document and which one is just a name ka sake document"

Happy looked up from the document and assured her that the document was fine and it was exactly what Arnav had told her.

"We need your sign here' My client has already signed it" Roy told her "and you need to sign here as the witness" he told Happy as he nodded at him.

"But we are'nt actually legalizing this' isn't it?" Kushi asked Roy

"No, this needs to be registered in the court or a marriage registrar's office to legalize it' We aren't going that far- this is just to convince your father" Roy told her.

Kushi bit her lip as she quickly glaced at Arnav who stood a little apart as the entire conversation took place. He was holding a bunch of files in his hand. Then she went ahead and signed the documents. As the formalities were done, Arnav came forward, took all the documents in his hand, carefully placing two signed copies of the first document in a file each and passing one to Roy and handing over the other to Kushi.

"This holds the assurance to you that there will be no obligations or bounds thereafter"

She nodded briefly.

"Mr. Raizada, there are two documents in this file"

"Yeah Roy, I told you to make only one copy of the legal wedding document' You made two- I haven't signed that- nor did I give her the copy for her signature. That doesn't hold good"

"But.. But Mr.Raizada'" Roy started to say something and then composed himself "Mr.Raizada, can I have a moment alone with you"

Arnav glanced at Roy with a curious expression.

"I will be back" he muttered to Kushi and walked a little away. Roy followed him

"Mr.Raizada, it is not advisable to not have a copy of this legal document' The other document does not speak anything about the deal between you both'- you told me to make it that way'that's why I made two copies of this'"

"I don't see any necessity to put down what deal goes on between us Roy. There will be only one copy with our signatures and that will be destroyed after the job is done."

"But Mr.Raizada"

"I wonder why you are so much excited about this Roy?" Arnav asked him astutely

"No no, I was just being cautious" Roy strutted

"yeah I know" Arnav told him mockingly as he walked back to the other two, with Roy close on his heels.

"Shall we go then?"

Kushi nodded slightly stiffening herself.

As Roy also intended to go along with them, Arnav, raised his hand

"No Roy, We will manage this alone- You don't have to come"

"But'" Roy told helplessly, he wanted to be present to assess the situation and carry on with one of his plans. He hadn't expected Arnav to oust him out of the agenda this way.

"Lesser the crowd the better- You both don't have to get involved in this'" Arnav told, not even ready to listen to whatever Roy was trying to come up with and started moving in.

"Let's go" Kushi glanced at Happy.

"Don't worry Kushiji- everything will be alright." Happy wished her

She fought down the panic building in her as she told herself that this was only an act'

"Cool Kushi" she told herself and then smiled at Happy

"Wish me Luck Happyji" she asked him as she handed him her file and then followed Arnav, albeit slowly as Roy stood there seething helplessly.

Kushi soon caught up with Arnav.

"Hi"

"Listen' Don't over act"

"Excuse me' You don't have to tell me that' Acting comes naturally to me' I have won prizes at school and college dramas"

"Ofcourse' you are a drama queen"

"Don't you dare call me that'" She stopped on her tracks'

"Truth is bitter sometimes" He smirked at her

"Didn't I tell you to stop feeling as if you the majesty here?" She asked him amused "I can say no to you anytime I want to 'How I want to say no to you and see your face for the sake of it"

"Alright Alright" he said "you are the boss in acting' Happy now?" he said as they started walking again.

As they got into the escalator, Arnav sighed aloud

"Finally alone"

"What are you going to do?" Kushi asked him immediately putting a distance between them

Arnav looked at her amusedly.

"So much for boasting about handling 100 Arnav Singh Raizadas" he smirked at her as he pulled out a velvet box and extended it to her

"What is this?" she asked as she surveyed it suspiciously

"nothing to be scared' not atleast for Kushi Gupta"

He flipped the box open impatiently to reveal a mangal sutra in the box.

"B.. but you said that we are not getting married for real.. I can't accept this from you" Kushi told him bewildered

"You need to wear this' your father would laugh at us otherwise'" he told her as he tossed the box at her.

She opened the box again to reveal the black and gold beaded chain holding a beautiful pendant. She was looking at it for a while before she heard his voice

"What happened? Is something wrong with that chain? Don't tell me that I picked the wrong chain'This is what they call the Mangal sutra chain right?"

She looked up at him and then back down' "No.. this is the one' and Its..its beautiful' you shouldn't have gone for such an expensive piece' it's just for a few hours'"

"That's alright' being Arnav singh Raizada's wife holds a class for itself' even if it is only an act, that standard needs to be maintained'"

"There goes the Double A syndrome again'" she commented

"Whats that?"

"Almighty Alampanah Syndrome ' You suffer from it" she told him with her face as straight as possible... and then both burst into laughter.

Roy excused himself from Happy whom he thought was a blabbering idiot anyway and approached the local phonebooth nearby. Roy wondered if Arnav had started to suspect him in anyway, If his curious glances and mocking answers were suggesting something, then he had to be careful with Arnav. He decided to settle down for Plan B- for he didn't want to take risks.

An anonymous call to a couple of local newspapers that a "familiar business tycoon who had taken the reigns of business recently after his father's demise had secretly and hastely gotten himself married to a young beautiful lass" was all it took to get the wheels rolling and that's what he exactly did. He didn't have the proof to offer to the journalists' but mentioning the place and the couple can do wonders when they are caught together in camera.

As the lift opened, they stepped out. She took the chain out from the velvet box and tried to lock it around her neck.

As much as she tried, she couldn't secure the lock and she slowed down, finally coming to a stop.

Arnav had been walking a little ahead asking her if this was the right floor as the floor appeared to the children's admission ward, and then turned to his side as he got no reply and then realized that she was not beside him, for a moment he thought she had chickened out and ran away but then found her standing a little away, her head tilted and her crunched in concentration as both her hands were lifted up and behind her neck trying to lock the black bead chain around her neck.

He went back to her.

"What happened?"

"This chain' Ofcourse I should have realized it' when it came from you' there should be some complexities involved' this chain has the most difficult locking mechanism in the whole world and I am not able to put it right" she told him annoyingly

"It's is a simple mechanism- very common with designer pieces' you just need to push down the knob and insert the hold inside'" he said

"Ouch' You and your designer'"

"What happened now?" Arnav asked wondering if she is the only woman in the world who can successfully get into a problem with every simple thing'

"It got tangled with my hair'" She moaned trying in vain to take it out.

"Let me help you'" he said as he turned her around, trying to remove the chain from her entangled hair.

"Yup done" he said as he stepped aside and Kushi realised to her horror that he had not only removed the chain from her tangled mane but had also secured the lock of the chain properly.

"What did you do'You locked it'" she exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah' you said this mechanism was new to you' I locked it.. What is the problem now? Come along" he said as he put his hand around her elbow pulling her along as her jaw dropped open. She soon composed herself with the reason that this meant nothing' the chain might be a Mangal sutra' but neither he nor she have to read too much into this gesture.

"you know what? I learnt to walk when I was an year old and I can manage it well by myself" she told him as he realized he had been pulling her. Just as he released her of his grip, they heard a voice.

"Hello Didi"

It was Aman, the same boy they had met the evening before. He stood there with his Sister.

"Hey Aman" Kushi said as she gave a hifi to the boy.

"So have they found out the reason for your fever?"

"hmm.. the doctor said it is the normal cold with fever' but they are giving him oxygen mask and all that'" his sister explained'

"Good' Back to home today then?"

They both nodded.

"What were you both doing there?"

"Where?"

"There'this angry uncle was doing something to your neck'"

"He sounds as if I am a vampire" Arnav mutterered to Kushi at the boy's question

"Aman, Didi's mangal sutra got entagled into her hair' Jeejaji was helping didi take her it out'" his sister explained him

Arnav who looked at the boy unbelievingly when the boy addressed him as angry uncle, nearly chocked when he heard jeejaji from the girl' The biggest shock came when Kushi instead of letting it go, got herself to clear the misunderstanding'he stared at her as she went to them with a dramatic expression

"No..No.. He is not your jeejaji" she said as he looked at her confused' "I mean he is not my husband' we were just playing'"

"What game?"

"Kushi' " Arnav started to warn her as she opened her mouth to answer'but he stood stunned at her answer.

"hmm' Mamma papa game?" She said and then she saw Arnav's widened eyes and then quickly changed it to "wedding game"

Arnav hit his palm on his head and turned to the other side and stood. Then he realized that they were on the wrong floor. May be one of the kid pressed the elevator button and they got out without even noticing that.

"Oh wow' that's so nice'I too play it a lot with my friends' can we play with you too?"

But without waiting for an answer, the girl ran to the play area and brought out some other kids

"Come didi"

Arnav stared at the events happening before his eyes as the kids pulled away a struttering Kushi away and made her stand in front of the clearing dias which had Krishna and Radha idols in it.

"Kushi" Arnav muttered as he went to her

"What is happening here?" Arnav asked Kushi

"wedding?" the kids answered on behalf of her as she looked at him petrified.

"Arnavjee' get me out of this please" she whispered to him

"you can manage 100's like me right' this should be a cake walk for you'" he told her angrily'

"Hold this jeejaji" Aman's sister told him giving him the garland that earlier was at Krishna's neck

"What the"

He saw a similar garland from Radha's neck was handed over to Kushi too which she accepted with a sweet smile and thanks

"Are you out of your senses? Why are you smiling' looks like you are encouraging them" he hissed at her

"Excuse me? They are only kids' you don't even know their psycology'" she told him "I can now do a drama and get out of this'"

"Exchange now" the kids instructed them

"Bachon' Look I don't like this jeejaji' Shall I marry Aman?" Kushi asked them pulling little Aman closer to her.

For some reason, this brought afore the ponderings of the earlier evening for Arnav. He wondered if she was already in a relationship with another man.

What is his problem if she is already seeing someone else? It doesn't matter at all' he convinced himself' but then he was not able to neglect the green head that was raising its head at some corner in him. He was crudely brought out of his ponderings when he heard a huge din'

"No Didi"

"Please Didi'"

"He is only correct for you.."

"He is only tall for you"

"Please"

"Please"

Then they started chanting like a mantra' "please please please"

Their din started to grow with every time that Arnav noticed it was starting to attract attention.

Some heads peeped out of the ward rooms.

"Hey Kids, No noise or I would put you all back into your wards" One nurse who peeped out of one of the room shouted at them.

"Alright" Arnav said just to calm the kids down "Only this.. ok?"

"yay!" they all shouted together as she stared at him' and he shushed them all

"Why did you agree?" she hissed at him "you are making this complicated"

"Am I?" he asked her gritting his teeth "you started it' I have no choice other than to finish it"

They quickly exchanged the garlands staring furiously at each other that it was because of the other they had landed at this situation. The kids cheered happily for them, Kushi was visibly flustered with anger and Arnav trying to get it all over without attracting any more attention.

"Now this is done, we need to go" Arnav told the kids as he took hold of Kushi's hand and pulled her towards the escalator.

"Wait wait' Sindoor is not done'" some girl with specs pointed out holding out the thali from the mandir counter which had some sindoor in it for them.

"NO" Kushi shrieked seeing that and glared at Arnav as if he dared to put that sindoor on her maang.

"If you touch it I will kill you" She told him

"Excuse me?"

"I mean if you touch me with that sindoor, I will strangle you to death"

"That's not the way to talk to your groom'" a kid told her

"Go Didi.. you don't even know how to play the game' why did you want to be a bride in the first place?" another kid asked her

"As if I wanted to be.. You all made me'" Kushi huffed "you be his bride if you want to' I am out of this game" Kushi told the kid.

"What the" Arnav muttered at Kushi's suggestion

"Oh.. She is so boring yaar" a kid commented'

"she is not sportive enough" another kid commented'

"yeah" few other supported her comment' this was the undoing for kushi..

"What did you say? I am not sportive is it?"

"Yes you fussed for garland and now you are fussing for Sindoor too' Jeejaji is sportive he said yes for garland and now also he is not objecting"

Kushi turned to glare at Arnav who stood there simpering at this comment

"Enough of being proud of this certificate that they are offering you" she told him scathingly "Why don't you say NO to them' Am I the only scape goat fool here?"

"Seems so" he said smirking and then changed his expression and went to the kids'

"Since Didi is bored of this game, how about playing some other game?"

"NO" they all shouted together' they had to be shushed again by him

"It's not fair' you don't start a game to leave it half completed'"

"It's just like holi.. You color her maang that's all" another kid wailed

"Yeah' But we are not playing Holi now isn't it" Arnav told them as he took the thali from the girl's hand and put in back in the counter.

"then let's play Holi" Little Aman came forward taking the vermillion on his hands and slapping it against Arnav's palm

"No' It's not Holi yet and we are not playing holi'" Arnav started to say sternly even as the kids all jumped into the idea grabbing a fist of vermillion in their own hands and throwing it against eachother'

As Arnav and Kushi stood there bewildered and confused at the situation just as one of the kids threw the vermillion on Kushi, some of which got into her eyes.

As she rubbed her eyes trying to get the dust out, Arnav calmed down the kids and stepped to her

"Let me look"

She hesitantly let him have a look and to her surprise she felt soft air being blown into her eyes, As she looked on into his concerned face he blew into her eyes using his hand to move her bangs out of the way and held her face in position, inadvertently staining that part of her face red with the vermillion that was slapped on his palm a little earlier.

The kids surrounded them observing intently. Some elder ones even oohed and aahed at them to their utter unease

"Fine?" he asked her finally as she nodded awkwardly

"Are you OK now didi?"

"See his is a nice guy' Only you didn't want to marry him"

"Hey look, they said no to Holi and Bhaiya actually colored her face"

It was then they realized as Arnav stared at his hand and then at her who was looking at him with rage'

"I told you not to come near me with sindoor" she screamed at him.

"it was unintentional" he told her offering his kerchief

She denied it and rushed to the nearby restroom to clean her face.

When she emerged out of the restroom 5 mins later, still seething with anger, holding her garland in her hand, she saw that Arnav had gotten along well with the kids and had cleverly diverted them to play some other game.

"If you are done with talking to your little friends, shall we go and do what is required of us first?" she asked him sarcastically

"About time" he said as he got up with his own garland in his hand.

They both went into the escalator as she checked her image on the escalator wall

"you still have a tinge of vermillion on your hair parting" he informed her

"I left it intentionally" she glared him "to act my part"

"Fine" he said and turned the other side.

"Look this is all a game ' and nothing more' ok? It ends by tonight" she told him.

It felt as if she was asking him for assurance. He smiled at her

"Are you telling me or telling yourself?" he asked her "it seems as if you are telling that to yourself- I am clear ' this is all a game- an act and nothing more"

"Wipe that smirk off your face" she gritted her teeth...

Arnav smirked further
"Dont you do the overacting again... Like child psycholosy don't start off any father psychology and get into trouble..."

"I know... Now do me a favour and shut up"

"You are asking me to shut up? Its better if you dont open your mouth unless required... you have a knack to open your mouth and get into trouble"

"You and your AA syndrome" She muttered as the escalator door opened to the correct floor.

As they stepped out of the escalator again, a surprise awaited them.

Oh sweets, Believe me I feel so sorry to leave you all hanging here'I havent yet typed the next update and shall post it ASAP... But I did give you all a long update and I gave you all the wedding too- minus pheres that is'

Edited by abavi - 11 years ago
Eccentrica thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Roy might have made a huge mistake by underestimating Arnav; he is no Ajay Raizada to get cheated easily. I'm sure seeds of Arnav's mistrust in Roy have already begun; the question is why did Arnav insist on just one copy of the paper?

Mangalsutra...I was so expecting Khushi to get affected on seeing that😳...double A syndrome?😆

By clasping the knob of the Mangasutra, he actually complited the ritual of adorning the Mangalsutra on Khushi...can I say that again?😉 Arnav  put on the mangalsutra on Khushi!

That she consoled herself by saying that it meant nothing...of course it meant everything😉

Jeejaji?🤣...Mama-Papa game?🤣...two continuous face-palm moments for Arnav!😆

You had warned that this update would be dramatic but nothing had prepared me for the 'garland-exchanging' procedure😆...needless to say, another procedure one?😉

Chalo Sindoor daalke bhi ho gaya...next up should be the pheras; even if they aren't a part of this update...they've alreay been performed in my head!😆

Cliffhanger...kyun?
Edited by Eccentrica - 11 years ago
IPKKNDbigfan thumbnail
awesome update loved it   so many mysteries  i really loved it
clarissajohn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
res
edited

Yay superb superb update viii

For the first time I will extent  thanks to roy cause aranv is spared of the sheetal torture for the life time. when they will open lift, media would be there to click pics and all the game willl go tai tai phiss

Roy jaan tussi  great ho

As usual u left us in cliff hanger

Update soon vi

That was such a cute wedding amidst kids sans phers , let them do pheras to complete marriage 😆
Edited by clarissajohn - 11 years ago
subi.dhanabala thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So mr.roy's plan worked and d reporters came..
Superb..wat a well laid web...
__blossom__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
omg,...this has to be a first got married while playing with the children!!!!🤣 and now only the pheras are left...
what's the surprise awaiting them...cant wait to know...
update soon!
stories.1408 thumbnail
omg...they have completed half of rituals of marriage.i think d media awits them next.
jisa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
i guess the news people are here...
w8ng for next!!!!
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
Oh Yeah I knew it, I knew it and *I am doing a happy dance*. I knew that Arnav and Khushi would pretend to be married and Mr.Roy would throw a spanner in the works and call in the press. Now Khushi and Arnav will have to pretend to be husband and wife for a longer time and they are going to fall in love before either one knows it. So Arnav and Khushi are married with Arnav securing the mangalsutra and filling Khushi's maang with sindoor. Can't wait for the next update now. I am so happy after reading this update. Haiyee - Can your story be made in IPKKND season 2 with Barun and Sanaya as Arnav and Khushi. Oh it would be sure smash hit. I know that.Damn good update yaar.

Yeah just correct this one line

Kushi reminded unusually silent as Happy went through the document and then looked confusedly at Arnav.

reminded - remained.
Edited by psarada - 11 years ago