In Rajasthan people ask for DABH jewellery!

Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Jewellery Designer Manasi Karia

What did you keep in mind while doing the jewellery design of the following shows?

Diya Aur Baati Hum:

We have given Bhabo's (Neelu Vaghela of Diya Aur Baati Hum) jewellery a peacock look. She and Sandhya (Deepika Singh) have the archetypal Marwari look. I have given Sandhya a delicate pipe set with a unique piece in the middle. In Rajasthan, people ask for Bhabo and Sandhya's jewellery.

Okay. However, critics complain that certain shows have too heavy jewellery...

Yes, that is true for certain soaps which I am not doing. On my shows during bedtime, the characters wear small studs and tiny chains. Sometimes, however you have to go with the trend of heavy jewellery as you need to bestow a 'TV look' instead of keeping it plain and simple. Nevertheless, I try my best to stick to more real and authentic look. Even a small black thread or a small tulsi bead will also look good provided it blends in with the character.

How have jewellery trends changed over the years on TV soaps?

Earlier, we would have loud and chunky pieces of artificial jewellery. Now, we make semi-precious jewellery which look like real. They aren't loud and blend with the face and costume.

Edited by Tacker_Holic - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Sonia for sharing.

Please also provide the link to read the full article.
...soniii... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

B2011 its TellyChakkar Page , 

Tfs Tacker-Holic 😊 can u Give Link of the Article 😊 Its Very Intresting to Read Words From designers 😊

Tacker_Holic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

You're welcome... I have provided the direct link in the post now! 😃

...soniii... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

She is Jewellery Designer to Many Shows , thats Great Part of Her. 👏
Proud feel Moment that our Show Actress are Also Motivating other Women to Get in touch with ethnic  , and Simple Yet classy Style of Jewellery .😊

I Like Sandhyas Jewellery Peices. EveryDay , She Changes Ear Ringa , Necklace as Per her saree Color and every Set Look Unique and adds Beauty to her which Inturn Gets the Beauty by Getting Wored by her  😊

Edited by ...soniii... - 10 years ago