Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Ah, the marriage discussion is still on. All of us are super agitated about it. Need to take it all out. Let's continue.

Indi
once he put that sindoor, however much he tried to tell himself, she's a home breaker (possibly compared her to "woh aurat"), he could never not act as her husband. and he put that sindoor/mangalsutra before god and fire, only for her sake. he could have just made her sign papers and live with him for six months under that same threat of breaking payal's wedding.

anyway, what's done cannot be undone. a beautiful special story it was. in the end, the actors and a few writers tried to keep the spark alive, i'll just take that and let the ugh go.

@Indi, bingo for above. He need not have bothered to go thru any rituals at all. For the second para, same here.

Samin
She lost every respect I had for her as an elderly when she purposefully tried to break the marriage on ARSHI's wedding day. That was utterly unacceptable to insult Garima in front of all the guests and to tell them to leave. On top the lowest was when she was taunting Khushi when she was waiting for Arnav.She was abusing her authority. No matter how hurt she was that was really low. So what they did want to tell try to follow the right course rather then what a person with authority tells you. So just because your dadi or your mother or father tells you- you do not go and break someone's heart

@Samin, I agree to the above. Dadi had come in with a mind that was poisoned by Shyam, so we know the reasons of her detest towards Khushi. When she finally met Garima and recognised her, she should have right then revealed to everybody about her and what would have followed would have been an engrossing track, probably exploring the past too. But, she chose to play games, act goody goody with Garima (how could she do that with the so called woh aurat), only to do the revelation on the marriage day. That was so not right, and I too, had lost my respect for her then. 

Indi
samin, i love your take on dadi and why it became impossible to respect her. my feeling: dadi was never there in the initial ipk story. there were possibly chachaji, another woh aurat, others. dadi was introduced to make an extraordinary serial more "ordinary" serial. ugly, large, one dimensional character. is she ipk?

even shyam, whom i despise, look at the nuances in his character. the initial days when he is falling for khushi, sensitively handled. his quandary, not that he ever considered the morals of the situation or was prepared to give up khushi, but how gradually the ill intent grew, his tender emotions that grew in unguarded moments. his subtle manipulation of anjali, the sensitive acting...

there was writing... feeling... telling... ingenuity. missed all of that in remarriage and dadi.

@Indi, yes, I too feel that Dadi was not there in the original plot. The chachaji should have been brought back, but he chose to remain in the flashback only. I liked what u wrote about the progress of Shyam's character. It was indeed gradual.
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work anywhere. If you do, please give credit.

Khushi's journey

Jiji ki shaadi ko bachane, chalein hum bhool bhulaiyya mein
Pair phisla to gir pade, ek raakshas ki baahon mein.

Badnami se bachne ke liye, Lucknow chod, Dilli gaye,
Pehle hi din usee raakshas ki gaadi se takraaye

Buaji ki madad ke liye naukri karne ko chale
Wohi raakshas, usee daftar mein, boss bankar humse mile

Saadiyaan bechne chale gaye the ek din Anjaliji ke ghar
Kuch din baad pata chala, woh tha uss raakshas ka bhi ghar

Jaan par ban aayi to, naukri chodne ka faisla kiya,
Ghar jaakar Laad Governor ko istifa humne diya

Vrat rakha, Mandir chale, to Laad Governor humse takraya
Behosh huye, Laad Governor ne sambhala, unke haathon se pani piya

Babuji ki madad ki khatir kholi humne mithai ki dukaan
Order poora karne chale to dekha, woh tha Laad Governor ka makaan

Mithai ke paise nahin mile lekin jab Anjaliji ko ghar aate dekha
Humari pareshani mitaane, Anjaliji ne ek prastaav rakha
Rehan-sehan, Pooja-Parv Lavanyaji ko hai sikhana
Inkaar kiya to, Anjaliji ne yaad dilaya ek contract purana

Buaji ki ek baat, poochta hai mera bhi man
Dilli ki saari sadkein kyun jaa pahunchti hain Shantivan?

Translation

To save Jiji's marriage, I went into a maze
I slipped and fell into the arms of a demon

To escape disrepute, left Lucknow, went to Delhi
The very first day, went and hit the demon's car

To help Buaji, went to take up a job
In the same office, I met the same demon as my boss

Once I went to Anjaliji's house to sell sarees
After some days, I came to know that it was the demon's house too

When my life was at stake, I decided to leave the job
Went home and gave the Laad Governor my resignation

I kept fast, went to temple, where I clashed into Laad Governor
Fell unconscious, Laad Governor took care, I drank water from his hands

For helping Babuji, opened a sweet shop
When we went to fulfill the order, then saw, it was Laad Governor's house

Didn't get the money for sweets, but saw Anjaliji coming to our house
To remove our worries, she gave one proposal
Will have to teach Lavanyaji about festivals, Pooja and other daily matters
When I refused, she reminded me of an old contract

Buaji had said once, and now my mind is also asking the same
Why do all the roads of Delhi lead to Shantivan

Edited by DurgaS - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hi, just updated 66, here's the link. πŸ˜³

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I love Barun-Sanaya immensely.Can't breath without seeing them.

Episode-68
The episode started with the continuation of Khushi's narration of Lord Krishna's birth story. She was acting with emotions,creating an ambiance of the story.Everybody was enjoying enthusiastically, but La actually was very nonchalant. In a point Khushi mentioned about the Nag what protected baby Krishna. Hearing that La got frightened and jumped on the couch, she started screaming "anaconda" This woman got so lack of sense and depth.I'm pretty sure she didn't understand a bit of it. πŸ˜† she kept asking the silly questions. How intelligent ASR tolerated this buffoon!

Khushi finished the story telling and everybody left the hall. Suddenly the phone rang and Khushi picked the phone. It was no other than Kans (new name of ASR given by KhushiπŸ˜†) there on the other side. He went mute for a while and asked "kaun"."I'm Khushi speaking" she answered adorably! Hmm she was looking shooo cute with a slight pout talking to her laad Governor! Kans yelled at her, "give the phone to Di".He was asking whether he should get safran or cardamom. Khushi answered cardamom. But ASR got mad and screamed,"you get paid not to give me advise, ask Di and tell".Plz ASR come out of "paisa" for a while! 😑When Anjali said elaichi from behind, he fumed again of anticipation of Khushi's lecture, that she was right. So he hanged up the phone. 

Khushi was teaching La the various names of Krishna. La asked her why he got so many names where he is just a single person.Khushi told her every name of Krishna emphasizes of his quality She mockingly said Khushi that like chamkili is your another name. Then Mami came to humiliate her more,"she has more names like torn saree, Sour sweets." Dear La and Mami so many names you can give her or call her, she is Khushi who brings Khushi to everybody's face. Anjali interrupted and showed her frustration to Mami. She told that her hubby's name is also after Krishna. And Khushi got jovial of the coincidence that their PG's name is after Krishna too.Mystery! invashtigason karwaki pari!

One of the Prakash brothers got a little cradle for the Krishna's idol.Khushi explained La that they will decorate it and put the idol on the cradle and celebrate Krishan's birthday. La got enthusiastic like a child whether they will cut a cake or not! Khushi said they will do even better thing and dragged her to the kitchen to show what they will do to celebrate.In the kitchen Anjali was making something with milk. Khushi told La that Krishna used to love any milk product, specially butter was his favorite. La screamed out that there is lot of calories in butter. Gosh La give me a break!πŸ˜† La was so bored hearing the story that evaded the place giving the excuse of a phone call, where she left the phone in the kitchen. Mami was shambling towards the hall singing her favorite song "mere akhio ki kajal se hoti hei sab ghayal"Gosh what a song!πŸ˜†Yeah, sure everybody must get fainted to see her gaudy make up! She bumped to Rahim chacha and he dropped some Kheer on the floor. La's phone was ringing in the kitchen . So Khushi rushed to give her the phone. By this time Arnav entered with hand full of bags. Wind started to blow. Rabba vey in piano on the BG, Arnav was looking deadly. Khushi also felt the jolt. Khushi slipped on the kheer and was about to fall, when Arnav caught her and prevented her from falling.Thud, thud,thud! Rabba vey in the BG, the intense eye lock between them, no words, just holding her in his arm. Hai!!!!!!!!!! I just landed in Arshi land! Anjali's interruptions broke their trance. Arnav tried to avoid the situation, hollered JP's name to distract. 

Khushi wanted to talk to Anjali. ASR overheard her, got alert and stopped to hear what she wanted to say.they shared an eye contact. He looked a little hesitant.Was he anticipating that Khushi may remind Anjali the condition of not being in RM during his presence!

Khushi asked for the permission to leave home early, becoz of the janmashtami celebration. Anjali admonished, as she was not confident of La's performance in the pooja.. Obviously She couldn't trust her. She requested Khushi to stay back.But Khushi was repugnant to stay. ASR protruted their convo. He asked Anjali to give her more money to stay extra time as she is greedy. Khushi got hurt at his affliction. She emulated him and requested Anjali to tell her bro, not to measure everything with money. Nani came for her rescue and suggested him not to bring his business in this matter. Anjali suggested Khushi to invite her whole family in RM. Nani fully gratified her and called Buaji to join them for the Pooja.. Buaji was a little hesitant as Shyam was with them. Nani invited Shyam too. Buaji agreed, but Payal got incredulous to go as Mami was very acrimonious to her.Shyam was grimly listening from the kitchen.Ab kaha  bhagogi Anaconda!🀣

In La's room she was very irritated as Khushi's family is coming there also. She was incredulous, why Khushi is so important for Raizada family! .Mami was giving her full support.She mentioned that Khushi's entry was grand and her entry was forceful. So Khushi's impact is more than La. La was so irascible, she was planning something evil for sure.I think she was a bit insecure of her too.

Plz click the following link to listen to my favorite Arshi VM

Edited by sohara - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
^^^
sohara,

so rabba vey your 68. the cap had me sighing. miss them madly too. and how good was mr barun ji looking.

anaconda. la's silliness apart, you think the creatives had a little fun? i believe they often came to the forum. and if by episode 68 forum was already referring to shyam as snake, maybe they did a little take on that and planted an anaconda amidst krishnaleela? πŸ˜†

your description of the elaichi saffron hold on rabba vey has me hyperventilating. in a haiii state already. sohara, such a jodi, when again.
indi52 thumbnail
durga,

v nice poem. and yes in your last line, buaji's casually thrown dialogue, a big truth hidden. shatir dialogue. great use of it.

really, looking at your poem, a clear neat reminder, there's no escape for either of them, try what they might, all roads lead to... πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Khushi's journey

Pehle his din usee raakshas ki gaadi se takraaye

Translation

Awesome poem, Durga!  πŸ‘πŸΌ Loved it!  ❀️  You are very talented!  πŸ‘ Destiny paved all the roads for our Khushi to be with our Arnav!  😳

supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Cyn

Episode 67

" He is using Kushi's sweetness and naievety for his own welfare, portraying himself in a sad way so that she will give him her sympathy, therefore gaining entrance into her heart.  Disgusting!" - He is Sick πŸ˜‘

"
This goes to show you how perfectly astute our creatives were, fantastic shot and premise behind it." - yeah even i saw tht...it was really good shot by the CV

"
Some light humor between Mami and Mamaji and he says after all the banter he knows men stink but why would he suffer more than once in his lifeπŸ˜†!  HaHa Mamji good one; you are behaving a little Kansa like as well." - this scene was really cute...nd funny...i liked it

"
Kushi repeats, "After'.JALEBI! (they are on her table), ahem, after seeing all the facts and the evidence and after hearing all the witness the court has decided that the mistake has been made by ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA!  " - i really loved the jalebi part...it was funny...nd even whn she sees ASR...Love her shocked face...πŸ˜†

"Lavanya asks whose birthday is it and is there a party.  Nani says why you want to sing and dance to another inappropriate song? - Nani rocks with her sarcasm πŸ‘πŸΌ

"
He is leaving and Lavanya tells him about Kushi's condition how she doesn't want to see him or meet him face to face.  He gets annoyed, how dare she, in my own house? " - why can't Lavanya shut the hell up...arghh...she's a guest not a member of the family!!!

"
The scene is like something from an old western movie, gunslingers meeting for the first time for a duel. πŸ‘πŸΌ He firmly and determinedly walking towards her, suave, and debonair, eye to eye, in his thoughts, 'how dare she say that she doesn't want to see my face, it's my house' and she is doing the same thing, Popping chana slowly into her mouth with no fear, a determination of disgust, what kind of man is he who brings a girl into his home without offering marriage but she doesn't stop there as they pass she mutters he is a bachelor AND a demon!  What the hell?  He says and she runs bumping into the column.  She turns looking at him again and runs away.  They both have shared the characteristics of an Evil King with much hatred and resentment towards each other today." - very well said review πŸ‘

"
Kushi feels bad for Lavanya thinks about their "live in" conversation and decides she must be nice to her, after all it's that Evil King's fault.  She pops more chana in her mouth worriedly." - thts so sweet of Khushi isn't it πŸ˜Š

"
Kushi says yes and jovially goes and says hello to that poor victim of the Evil King.  She sing songs her name, Lavanyaji, How are you? A little to jovial if you ask me" - yeah i found tht cheerfulness really adorable πŸ˜Š

"
SHHH!  Evening a dark and dreary night, its cloudy and rainy, thunder and lightning'CRACK'everyone jumps at the sound of the thunder.  Vasudev and Devki were held in captivity when Krishna was born." - i like how u hav explained this πŸ‘πŸΌ

"King Kansa" "Who is he?" Lavanya asks.  The front doors fly open and in comes our Rakshas, ASR." - Perfectly shot scene...loved this style of entrance πŸ˜³

"
Kushi continues,"he is the brother of Devki.  He was very authoritarian.  He was very proud of himself.  He had a lot of hatred in his soul."  Lavanya still in a confused state says to herself, sister, brother, ASR?  Hilarious.πŸ˜†  "He was always involved in bad things." She points her finger, "His name was King Kansa," and in walks ASR right in front of her pointed finger. HICCUP! πŸ€£

"
Oh, Miss Kushi kumara Gupta you have it bad for this man and you don't even know it.  The Evil King is standing right in front of you, open your eyes, pay attention, he is fuming!"- i can so feel how u want to scream at khushi at tht moment πŸ˜†

"
Who is this insolent girl who dares point her finger at the Evil King? πŸ‘πŸΌ
supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Indi

"
a string that ties a whole world together. and of no strings attached. while a pretender desecrates a string. here are some glimpses of this tender to creepy to rib tickling funny episode. off to get a samosa recipe, will be back tomorrow.

"samosas are best with a cuppa hot tea, but i am happy to munch on mine with all that the episode brought. no less hot, or aromatic (i am a darjeeling tea fan, that fragrance of the hills, the crisp air, the gurgling rivers, aah), fresh and just perfectly steeped. and in true ipk style, the creatives take us seamlessly from a deep emotional, intense day to a happy and light one with notes of fire in it." - i remember my samosa days with my friends...nice days...your tea person...m a coffee person...nvr liked the taste of tea

"
if i were drinking a real cup of tea at the moment, i'd surely have burned myself. too too funny, that moment. and yet... dangerous." - i wonder doesn Anjali remember all this...how he chickens out at the very mention of Khushi...after the Kidnappin track!!!

"
shyam was built with insight and interest by all concerned... his writers, his actor. he was not your mundane villain in the beginning, just flat and bad and raring to rape or steal or kill hero. he was a character with an incredible flaw... no conscience. none. in that he was the exact opposite of asr. there was a low animal quality to shyam🀬. survival and his gain his only motive. whatever i want i must get. he said as much to khushi when he advised her to do what her heart pleases; asr also wanted to live life his own way but not by hurting and disrespecting others, certainly not by lying and cheating. for he had that one thing, shyamu darling never got to taste... conscience"πŸ‘ - u hav described him in such a disgustingly perfect manner the leech deserves...truly Amazing Indi ⭐️

"
but not khushi. he had that same look in his eyes when he threw the tantrum about going away, being hurt." - i really respect Khushi... for how she did not fall for him..very well pointed the difference here πŸ‘

"
yet her gaze was clear. she was not needy (unlike his prime victim, anjali), she said there was no way she could take money from him, for it's not right. simple. she'd earn it, - More Respect for this girlπŸ‘

"
khushi would hold on and mend every string that meant something. can't quote off hand, but that poignant, "dhaga" dialogue while sewing on her angry and disbelieving husband's button: i didn't ask to be given this thread, but now that it has been put in my hand...

beautiful." - couldn agree more...yeah even i love tht dialogue "yeh dhaga humain zabardasti tamnah pada...isme hamari marzi nahin thi" amazin line thr...good connection indi πŸ‘

"one of the sweetest traditions we have, is rakhi or raksha badhan where a brother swears to take care of and protect (raksha) his sister with the tying of a string" - its truly a special relation...i wish i to had brother tht way

"
tika that would deter even the lord of death "yama," putting a barrier in his dorway, preventing him from reaching the brother... bhaiyer kopale dilam phonta, jomer duare podlo kaanta. i will protect my brother said this" - Thanks for sharin..its very nice to see a sister protect her brother too😊

"
a joyous, pure, and happy reminder of their meaning in each other's lives. he had appointed himself her caretaker at 14... and she had let him. she made a rakhi for him every year. he kept a fast with her, and together, these two siblings born of the same mother, found their ma once again when holding out their hands to each other and committing to their relationship. this is a tie from birth, and it shall be kept, honoured. a lot of their tragically departed mother was part of this story. even for naniji, and perhaps mamaji. daughter, sister, mother, their ma was all of them after all. and equally cherished in those roles." - Love the way u hav described their bond...their relation here...its truly special ⭐️

" how his eyes hold her in his gaze, precious and prized... have i ever seen any pair of eyes do it quite so wonderfully. and please, must the man look so hot in a tika??" -beautifully said i
ts really touching...amazing actin by Sobti ⭐️

"
in nani's eye was a gleam when the grand children played, and how proud she was telling khushi about the ritual they shared. asr observed the rituals that had meaning for him. he had his own way of connecting with the eternal... through his conscience, through his commitments. " - she does adore her grandkids...no matter how wrog they may be acc to her😊

"
nani's eyes gleamed again when the laddoo talk came up. she noticed her chhotey make note of the laddoo maker. pleased as punch was she. i never realised the first time round, maybe because i started watching late, how much of a hand and will nani had in this pyaar.grandmother of all plotters. adore her character and jayashree t's interpretation." - Nani is adorable πŸ‘πŸΌ

"just when she thought this laad gov had a nice side, perhaps even a decent bloke in him somewhere, out came the hawww-ror story. living in? khushi had come to teach la, looks like today la ended up teaching khushi something newπŸ˜†. an all new parampara, tradition. "sab kuch kar sakte hain", "bina shadi ke." gadzooks, pass the samosas. and off went the crunchiest tastiest part of episode. lots of chillies and bite in it. and hiccups. " - i really love how u interpreted the scenes here...amazing πŸ‘

"
but there's something in that constant eating of hers. nonstop... chana, ber, chew nail... and of course jalebi, gol gappa, aloo poori, you name it. we shall get to the bottom of it in season 2."- hey i din get this part...wat do u mean season 2?

- i love his "unbelievable" expression here...😳

"the cutest face to face between two would be lovers. miss "stuffed mouth" and mr "er, ahem, keep that thing away from me." he can't miss a single chance to be nasty to or about her. nor can she. brilliant. had they been indifferent to each other or missed even one chance,
we'd have cause to worry," πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by supriya.arshi - 11 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Khushi's journey

Pehle his din usee raakshas ki gaadi se takraaye

Translation

Durga muahhh for this .Such a unique talent you have .My fav are underlined in boldπŸ‘β€οΈπŸ‘πŸΌ